Pond Boss
Posted By: jims place Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/09/09 12:37 PM

Good grief, I know this isn’t Rocket science and right about now I feel like shooting my new computer.
I down loaded 10 songs into my music file and all I want to do is copy/burn what ever its called to a CD.
I managed to make a copy, but it will only play on my computer and boom box, will not play in any of my cars or motor home….what’s up with that?
Posted By: Rad Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/09/09 02:37 PM
Jim,
With the limited info, I will guess that you are dealing with different file types. Think VHS and Betamax. There are several different types of music files and not all file types playback on all players. The music maybe MP3 and the player only recognizes wav or wma. etc. And it can be near rocket science.

The program you used to burn the cd with might burn a different file type than your car cd player recognizes, DVD?

Newer burners may help, I use Nero and it works for most everything. Windows Media Player work ok as well, but you need to make sure all of your software is as up to date as possible no matter what program you use.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/09/09 02:37 PM
It is probably the file type of the music. Certain devices will play more music file types than others. Look at what the file type is on the burned CD and then determine if your car & motor home CD can play that file type.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/09/09 02:39 PM
There is software to convert from one music file type to another. JWHAP likes the "Easy CD - DA Extractor" software, it will convert music to any file type and will finalize the CD to enable it to play in most any device.

Link to software

Free to download and try for 30 days and $35.11 (why the 11 cents?) to purchase.

But wait, there's more...... (sorry I was on a roll here).
Posted By: bobad Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/09/09 02:58 PM
3 things:

Always download music in MP3 format. MP3 is the most widely used, and the easiest to convert to CD music format.

Use a good free burning program like CDBurner XP Pro or InfraRecorder . Simply drag your MP3 files to the burning program, and burn it as a music CD.

The most likely reason your disks do not play is because you burned them as a data CD rather than a music CD. Some CD players can handle both MP3 and music CD's, others are music cd only.
Posted By: jims place Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/11/09 12:51 PM
bobad nailed it.
I appreciate all the help. The solution was using the right CD for the job….Music-CD.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/11/09 12:56 PM
AND you guys did it all without a teenager helping! I'm proud of you!

For years, I have relegated all technical tasks newer or more advanced than plugging in an RCA cable to a teenager. But he leaves for college in a couple of weeks, so I'm glad I will be able to get help here.

Unless I need help getting on line.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/11/09 01:02 PM
You always have your daughter to help.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/11/09 01:10 PM
I shall strive to cultivate and enhance that avenue of assistance.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/11/09 01:12 PM
Plus if you ever need to trap some muskrat....
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Burning a music CD . HELP ME! - 08/11/09 01:13 PM

© Pond Boss Forum