Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 02:05 AM

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 03:10 AM
Oh, yeah?

Posted By: burgermeister Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 04:32 AM
I have had only 1 from the left side. All the ones on the right. How do you like that American made Corona, from Margaritaville brewing Co., Jacksonville, Fla? I like it for a light lager. They are pretty proud of it. About $8 something for a 6pak.

Theo, no mealy worm specials? That's going way back, huh?
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 01:33 PM
Dwight -- New Belgium brewing came into SD a month or two back. So, the Fat Tire is everywhere now, but their 1554 is my current favorite.

Theo -- great picture.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 01:36 PM
Beer?What beer?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 02:07 PM
WHAT? No Sierra Nevada Pale Ale?

Theo, you're running a little low on DMD. Factoring in the heat, the 4th of July increased consumption variable and your summer consumption rate per hour, I predict that you will run out by 11:17 AM PST today. Better make a mini mart run.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 03:29 PM
That's just the mini-fridge in the horse barn, JHAP. Plenty more DMD in the basement, kitchen, and shop fridges (which are full size).
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 03:33 PM
I should have known better than to question your judgement Theo. It seems that the closer I get to 4,000 posts, the more uppity I get.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 04:05 PM
JHAP -- I predict that you at least are going to create a response from Sunil? He's less than 1,000 posts ahead of you?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 05:29 PM
Dave, if you're referring to my post count, I was on schedule to knock Sunil off the Top Five Posters list in May of 2010. But at the rate CJ is posting he's going to eclipse my post count next Thursday.

If you're referring to the correlation between the uppity factor and the post count, well, Sunil has been uppity for a while, no big secret there.
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 05:46 PM
Pot meet Kettle ;\)
Posted By: Ryan Freeze Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 06:46 PM
We have similar taste's Dwight...just replace the Sharps with Saint Pauli's Girl and the Pacifico with Sam Adams Summer Ale.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 07:43 PM
JHAP == I'm much too "slow" to find a correlation between uppity and posting. I was way back on simple post count. \:\)
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 10:34 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
But at the rate CJ is posting he's going to eclipse my post count next Thursday.

Hey I saw that!
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Beers of Summer - 07/03/09 11:02 PM
JHAP, your post count is really getting to be ludicrous; but of course, you and Tom G. are part of the welcoming committee and there have been a lot of new posters. Of course, we have also run several of them off.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Beers of Summer - 07/04/09 01:28 AM
I used to drink at least as much DMD as Theo back when I smoked cigarettes. The nicotine was canceled by the caffeine, right?

Almost 20 years ago the cigarettes and the DMD were replaced by Beer.

You will feel much better drinking Beer than smoking cigarettes and drinking DMD.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Beers of Summer - 07/14/09 12:15 AM
If you're talking a summer beer, you have to think wheat. My favorite is Easy Street. Just awesome. Had Dos Equis for the first time over the 4th and was surprised it was pretty good too.

Here's the best place for beer reviews - beeradvocate.com

Also, if you're near the Omaha area, check out Beertopia. Amazing selection of microbrews and a very knowledgable staff.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Beers of Summer - 07/15/09 05:48 PM
Can't beat a corona with lime on a hot summer day. I know, I know, fruit in beer is against "man law" but I don't realy care.

Normaly I'm not much of a lager fan but I just can't bring myself to drink a malty stout or ale on a hot summer day.

Good choices, Peroni has a nice crisp flavor to. Peroni is another great choice for summer.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Beers of Summer - 07/15/09 05:54 PM
Peroni is now my everyday drinking beer all season long. This is after Henninger dissed me by switching from 12oz. bottles to 16oz. cans. Never even got a call from them to see what I thought.

Now Theo, that DMD is some bad stuff. It is not good for you.

Messed Condello up bad. He's clean now.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Beers of Summer - 07/15/09 05:55 PM
On a side note, I tried to switch over to Oranjeboom after Henninger shafted me.

So the Oranjeboom was backordered. When it finally came in.....16oz. cans! Crap.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Beers of Summer - 07/15/09 06:05 PM
I sincerly hope theres going to be a seqeal to this thread...The Beers Of Fall,Followed by The Beers Of Winter.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Beers of Summer - 07/15/09 06:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
On a side note, I tried to switch over to Oranjeboom after Henninger shafted me.

So the Oranjeboom was backordered. When it finally came in.....16oz. cans! Crap.

I can't see your problem with 16 oz. vs. 12 oz. It can't be the extra weight, since you can bench press 1000 lbs.

So you drink a beer every 4 minutes instead of every 3 - total consumption remains constant.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Beers of Summer - 07/15/09 06:16 PM
Dodging the DMD issue, I see.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Beers of Summer - 07/15/09 06:21 PM
Don't have time. I need to stop on the way home and pick up a half-dozen 2 liter bottles of it.

Just like every night. :P
Posted By: TOM G Re: Beers of Summer - 07/16/09 11:12 AM
Theo,16 oz cans fill the cooler and wont let the ice cool the beverage properly.I thought everyone knew that.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Beers of Summer - 07/16/09 12:42 PM
Your cooler is too small.
This is what I use for a day's worth of DMD:

Posted By: Sunil Re: Beers of Summer - 07/16/09 12:50 PM
Dork.
Posted By: TOM G Re: Beers of Summer - 07/16/09 03:11 PM
Personally,I dont use a cooler.I fill the bed of the gator with beer and ice it down.No sense making 2 trips.
© Pond Boss Forum