Pond Boss
Posted By: WaterWizard My mail smells like fish - 05/14/09 07:32 PM
This mail box has got to belong to one of the forum members.

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 12:23 AM
I repainted one of those for a customer that had it beat up with a baseball bat. My paint job was a little more realistic. Unfortunately soon after the customer reinstalled it it was nailed again. \:\(
Posted By: TOM G Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 01:51 PM
Where can I get one of them?
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 03:12 PM
That's nothing, usually the first thing that visitors want to do when coming to my place is wash their hands.

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 04:18 PM
I don't believe it. Your friends wouldn't wouldn't know what soap and water was for.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 04:34 PM
OH SNAP!!!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 06:09 PM
There's a lot of people going the old fashion way of knocking at your house!
Posted By: WaterWizard Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 07:09 PM
That kinda makes me wonder what the door bell sounds like.
Posted By: WaterWizard Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 07:17 PM
Is this Otto's mailbox?

Posted By: Bing Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 07:45 PM
Tom G:

Bass Pro Shops sells them. If buying from them remember to get to their web site by linking through Pond Boss. PB gets a % of your purchase and shares it with the SDSU grant program we support.

Bing
Posted By: Bing Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/15/09 08:00 PM
Tom G:

Bass Pro Shops sells them. If buying from them remember to get to their web site by linking through Pond Boss. PB gets a % of your purchase and shares it with the SDSU grant program we support.

Bing
Posted By: TOM G Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/16/09 12:29 PM
Thanks Bing,I'll look into it the first chance I get.
WaterWizard,your mail smells like fish cause I left a dead carp at the back of yer box.
Posted By: Bing Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/16/09 01:41 PM
Tom: Well I searched BPS and they aren't listed. However here is the link to Cabelas:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...rset=ISO-8859-1

They have lures, bass, catfish, ducks, walleye, shotgun shells, etc. Strange no GSF!!!!!

Bing
Posted By: the stick Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/16/09 02:20 PM
One of those would have to be considered a grand slam in mailbox baseball!
Posted By: TOM G Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/16/09 02:43 PM
Thanks Bing.I went and lookedand 1)they were kinda pricey and 2)the 3 reviews all said the paint fell off in the Texas sun.
Posted By: TOM G Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/16/09 02:45 PM
"Strange no GSF!!!!!"

JHAP will be on to them momentarily.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/17/09 01:59 AM
I really hate mailbox baseball... Have I mentioned that before?
Posted By: esshup Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/17/09 05:01 PM
 Originally Posted By: CJBS2003

At my old house in California, once a year they would hit all the mailboxes on my side of the street. I got fed up with it and made a mailbox out of 3/8" thick steel. The next year there was evidence of a broken car window just past my mailbox.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/18/09 04:08 AM
I have written one too many destruction of property reports because 16 year olds have nothing better to do at 3 am than smash people's mailboxes. No respect for anyone or anything...
Posted By: rmedgar Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/19/09 06:02 PM
 Originally Posted By: esshup

At my old house in California, once a year they would hit all the mailboxes on my side of the street. I got fed up with it and made a mailbox out of 3/8" thick steel. The next year there was evidence of a broken car window just past my mailbox.

I just love stories like that, esshup. Good work!!!
Posted By: csteffen Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/19/09 06:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: esshup

Reminds me of a story of a friend of my dad's. Apparently on trash day there was some teenagers that would ride around in an old beat up car and drive up the curb and hit peoples trash cans and make a horrible mess. Finally my dad's friend stacked his trash bags around the fire hydrant. \:o \:D \:o

FYI, fire hydrants don't break off like they do in the movies. He said you could hardly see that it was scratched. The car on the other hand was totaled.
Posted By: Jeff Walker Re: My mail smells like fish - 05/19/09 08:12 PM
LOL, My dad stopped the local Mailbox Baseball fans. He bought a oversized mail box. Placed a regulation sized mail box minus the door inside it and filled the gap (approx 1 inch) with concrete. Basically it looked like a big fat target. Once you opened the door you saw it had concrete armor. We mounted it back on the brick pillar. Some poor fool it hit once (scratched the paint). we didn't find any splinters but we did find a nicely dented aluminum bat. I imagine that stung like hell. LOL
Posted By: Matt Wehland Re: My mail smells like fish - 06/09/09 07:41 PM
My favorite was the neighbors mail box across the street.
Someone was mad at them (we guessed some jilted boyfriend of the youngest girl).
So they bombed the mail box.
Funny thing was they used to short of a wick and blew out their car window.
Funnier thing was that there were skunks living under the house that sprayed when the explosive went off.
Ok so it wasn't funny to the neighbors who moved out of the house for a day or 2.

Matt
© Pond Boss Forum