Pond Boss
I got hit by burglars while I was at my brothers for superbowl...A-holes where pretty bold....I came home and found my back window broken out...good news is I have two gun safes and also the neighbors called in a suspicious person in front of his house...apparently the guys waited inside my house while the getaway guy was arrested for cocaine and his car was towed...nothing that I can see was taken from my house....The bad...they saw my gun safes and accessories so I need to move my stuff because they probably will come back....I hate thieves!

I came into the house and for once I actually had a pistol in my hand...I saw the back window broken out and went to the back bedroom and it was locked...the jerk locked the door and jumped out the window...These are hardcore burgurlars...they had a camera with pictures posing with pistols...Ive been a cop for 25yrs but this is my home and where I sleep so it makes me nervous. They hit a few houses. they just walked up, knocked on the door, then went around back if no one answered. They used walkie-talkies...
Sgt911, good to hear they didn't get anything and nobody got hurt.
This is why we need to hang on to our guns and gun rights so the scumbags don't take over.
Do you have an alarm system, or ultrasonic detectors?
Wow, sorry to hear that Sgt.
Just hope they do it when your home and you can put an end to their crap yourself!
Sorry to hear that. Your situation reminded me of another guy who actually had a few of his guns stolen.

He posted the following on another site:

"Oh yeah.............should this message wander cyberspace long enough to reach the jerkoff that robbed me...........you missed my .45 you worthless piece of trash. Come back and see me. I'll leave the light on for ya."

I feel the same way. I do NOT want to shoot anyone, but I WOULD NOT HESITATE if I had to do it. Protecting your home and family is a non-negotiable issue for me. Hopefully they won't come back and you won't have to deal with that situation.
May you get one good shot in....
Sarge, a couple of years ago, druggies hit my place in the country. I felt depressed and violated over the theft of my 4wheeler and tandem trailer. I put an ad in the local shopper offering a reward. It worked and I recovered my stuff. Druggies have no loyalty to each other. I'm sure you know that 90% of thefts are drug related.

Look for the story in a future PB mag article.
Sgt911, I think they're so bold because so many people want to bury their heads in the sand!

It may have come from an animated movie, but mt signature line speaks volumes.
© Pond Boss Forum