Pond Boss
Posted By: Ric Swaim Feet made Houseboat - 01/12/09 12:43 AM
Funny!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RaFApVP0zU
Posted By: Weissguy Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/12/09 01:28 AM
Funny.... but COOL at the same time. \:\)
Posted By: Brettski Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/12/09 01:54 AM
Dski and I did about 6 years of hard core boating back in the late '80's/early 90's. We spent many days/nights/weekends/vacations on the water. One of our many excursions was a week on Kentucky Lake, camping in our first boat (KY Lake is a bit more civilized, me thinks, than KY River). Anyway, KY Lake is connected to Lake Barkley via a channel at the very north end. For anyone unfamiliar with these body of waters, this is BIG waters; basically very wide river systems One loooong day, we took our boat (a 21' deep vee cuddy Celebrity) across to Barkley, then followed it about 50 miles south into Tennessee...until it turned into more of a wilderness river. Very beautiful, very unpoplulated, and very creepy to think "gosh, what if we broke down?". When we followed this 1/4 mile long channel off the main river, 15' wide thru 10' tall reeds, to this tin shack boat dock with a gas pump to fill 'er up, the 2 "gentlemen" that served us had me quietly saying under my breath as I turned the ignition key "oh please baby....start".
Posted By: Sunil Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/12/09 03:42 AM
That vid is worth the few minutes.

Don't know why they call themselves the Moron Bros. though.

Maybe we can get 'em to dock at Branson.
Posted By: bobad Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/12/09 04:48 AM

Nice!

I think if I ever built a shack boat, I wouldn't want it to go nearly that fast.

When the guy first pulled out that banjo, I expected a few chords from "Deliverance".
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/13/09 01:58 AM
That would be awesome for night crappie fishing.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/13/09 02:48 AM
"Learnin' how to swim wasn't hard; gettin' out of that burlap sack was the trick." \:D
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/13/09 03:04 AM
I thought it was funny but Weissguy is right it is cool.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/13/09 03:10 AM
I'm just quick. Pretty neat.
Posted By: Kevin H. Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/13/09 03:12 AM
...."playing two harmonicas at the same time" one brother says,....the other brother asks "with his mouth?" ??? That look on his face was very disturbing. Funny? Yes. \:\)
Posted By: 2catmom Re: Feet made Houseboat - 01/13/09 11:23 AM
I have always thought that I could live on a houseboat, and settle back in Tennessee where my folks are from, but that was not what I had in mind. I would love to spend a day down there on that floating shack, but I think the snakes would prevent me from it.
Too sad, our lake water looks like that river water.
© Pond Boss Forum