Pond Boss
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Grass Shrimp Source - 10/28/15 08:07 PM
Just spoke with Carol from Fattig Fish - appears as though she is calling it quits following the flooding in NE this Spring/Summer. Their farm is located on an island on the Platte River, and the flooding introduced multiple species of fish in their shrimp, gambusia and koi cells. The Gambusia and Shrimp have been decimated, not sure on the Koi, but they can't drain the cells and start over as they are groundwater ponds, they are not interested in rotenone application.

With that in mind, if there is enough demand for $.75 shrimp on the forum, I am willing to try and help my friend provide a source for cold water tolerant grass shrimp and get things going. Good news is, shipping should be significantly cheaper which will probably make up for any differences in pricing on the shrimp, as next day shipping routinely cost over $100.

If people are interested, please PM me. I'll do what I can, but can't promise anything.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Grass Shrimp Source - 04/02/16 06:06 AM
What a shame to hear about the Fattig family... Hopefully you are able to fill the grass shrimp source if needed by members. My shrimp are doing well 7 years later in what many would consider less than ideal conditions for grass shrimp.
© Pond Boss Forum