Pond Boss
Posted By: Bob Lusk latest travels... - 03/08/07 02:20 PM
Last week, I was dispatched to traverse the trade show at the World Aquaculture Society trade show in San Antonio. Flew down, spent the day with the likes of Bob Robinson of Kasco and the good folks Smith-Root, makers of fine electrofishing equipment. Paid special attention to radio tags for fish. Caught a flight back to Dallas later that Tuesday, then another flight at 5:30 a.m. Wednesday, to Charlotte, NC. Well known author Dr. Robert Fulton, the "Rivergeezer", picked me up and we spent two days at Richmond Mill Lake with client Jim Morgan. Did my monthly work with Morgan Company and was treated to an ACC basketball game Saturday, watching Wake Forest beat league leading Virginia. Then, another plane to Texas and family time. Monday and Tuesday to the woods to cut more cedar, this time for steps for the staircase and boards for the porches.
Yesterday, headed to the lower Rio Grande Valley, McAllen, to be exact, for the Texas Outdoor Writer's Conference. Home Sunday or Monday.....
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: latest travels... - 03/09/07 08:11 PM
Am spending the day at the TOWA conference. Listened and lunched with Ray Scott and a bevy of other outstanding outdoor communicators. Just learned Pond Boss has won a variety of awards in the Excellence in Craft competition, including photos and articles. Don't know what those awards are, yet...will know tomorrow night. Another interesting thing...I have been approached by several prominent writers here, asking if they can write for us, what the guidelines are, and what kind of stories we look for. Interesting, it looks like our status is growing among peers.
More later, as it is revealed....
© Pond Boss Forum