Pond Boss
Posted By: david soucie airation - 08/19/07 11:47 PM
I have a 2.5 acer pond in Il. I plan on having a waterfall in a couple of years. I have a shop with a 60 gal air compressor in it and wanted to run an air line to the pond. can I do this? and what kind of bubbler should I use
Posted By: letsrodeo Re: airation - 08/20/07 12:02 AM
i am just lernin this stuff myself but i have been told that the air pump must be oilless.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: airation - 08/20/07 12:21 PM
Also, air compressors are generally not made to run 24/7 (or a large fraction thereof).
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: airation - 08/20/07 07:31 PM
David,

Letsrodeo and Theo are correct. The compressor needs to be an oiless rotary vane, piston or blower type. This removes any posibility of oil discharge in the water.

Secondly, you will burn out your compressor pretty quickly. It is not made to push volume of air but pressure. The pressure tank will drain quite rapidly and the compressor will be building it up continuously.

As for systems, the sky is the limit to what you want to do or I should say your wallet is the limit. I would look into the resource guid on the Pond Boss web page and start calling to size a system for you.
Posted By: Jack_Flash1949 Re: airation - 08/24/07 05:49 PM
I've been looking at several air pumps with air stones. I'm surprised that the warranties on most of them is only a year. I called one dealer and he said that most people had to replace the diaphram yearly.

That looks like it could get costly.... IMO
© Pond Boss Forum