Pond Boss
Posted By: wally4232 Pond starting!!!! - 08/08/07 06:57 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, the equipment just got dropped off to start digging on the pond! I am very excited and nervous at the same time, I will get some before pics tonight.
Posted By: Keith Wolfe Re: Pond starting!!!! - 08/08/07 07:03 PM
how big will it be?
Posted By: TEXAS715 Re: Pond starting!!!! - 08/08/07 07:23 PM
What equipment are they using? Keeping a picture diary?

Have fun.
Posted By: wally4232 Re: Pond starting!!!! - 08/08/07 07:52 PM
I am planning on doing a photo diary, he will be digging while I am at work though so that stinks.
I am not sure what equipment he is using I know a bulldozer for sure and possible and excavator. I am only going for around a 1/4 acre 8-10 ft. deep. No where near some of your ponds but this one will be mine!!!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond starting!!!! - 08/08/07 08:28 PM
Congratulations, Wally. Exciting, ain't it?!
Posted By: Keith Wolfe Re: Pond starting!!!! - 08/08/07 08:53 PM
similar size to mine, maybe even a hair bigger and I love mine!!!
Posted By: Brettski Re: Pond starting!!!! - 08/09/07 01:03 AM
Great news, Wally. Selectively use some of that vacation time to spend quality time at the jobsite during key production. Take a ton of pics. This is a pretty big deal and deserves some committment. You won't regret it.

Posted By: robo2011 Re: Pond starting!!!! - 08/09/07 02:45 AM
Have lots of fun, don't worry your pond is about the same size as mine. With the smaller ponds it is much easier to upkeep them in many cases. I don't want to think about scooping a filament algea infestation out of a 2 acre pond. Enjoy!

I wish I had dug my own pond, could have done it a lot better than my former neighbor who used to own the land. You have the oppurtunity to design the pond however you want.
© Pond Boss Forum