Pond Boss
Posted By: Robbie Roberson Ordering fish. - 06/20/07 12:03 AM
I understand the advertising problems and everything related to some forums. (not this one) :rolleyes:

Anyway, I need to know a reliable fish farm to order my fish from to ship to Tennessee.

Not sure how to do this.

I made one order last month from and had to cancel due to a friends death.

I'm not sure how reliable this place was........seemed good but today I called and the lady seemed very non-caring about my order and advised me she did not know when they would be in Tenn.

I made up my mind I was at least going to check around now. Isn't it funny how one phone call can make or break a sale.

I kept waiting for some kind of positive remark but only got a negative conversation.

How can I find out who is good, trust worthy etc.

I also realize she may have just had a bad day.

Thanks.

Robbie Roberson. ;\)
Posted By: AaronM Re: Ordering fish. - 06/20/07 12:07 AM
what kind of fish??

Overton's was excellent for me, as was Hartley's Fish Farm. I'd recommend either.
Posted By: Robbie Roberson Re: Ordering fish. - 06/20/07 03:27 AM
I need to order HBG, shell crackers, fat heads, cats, LMB and maybe a few more types.

Thanks for your reply. I may use one of these.

Robbie Roberson.
Posted By: eddie_walker Re: Ordering fish. - 06/20/07 03:41 AM
Robbie,

Have you considered only buying some fish for now, and other species at a later date? I've been putting fathead minnows and copper nose bluegill in my pond this year to build up my forage base. Then next year, I'll add the bass when the fish in there will have had multiple spawns and are doing really well.

I buy from Tyler Fish Farms here in Tyler, TX. I don't know if he ships fish or anything as he only takes cash when selling fish. I'm just lucky to have a place to buy from that's less then half an hour away.

Eddie
Posted By: Robbie Roberson Re: Ordering fish. - 06/20/07 04:05 AM
Eddie, yes I am very much considering ordering in stages like that. You are lucky to have a place near by to order from.

I will probably hold off on my LMB until fall if I can get these others stocked in the next few weeks.

I just want them to have a few months of growing time before the big boys hit the water..... \:D

The reason for this post was because of the seemingly lack of interest in my approx. $500 dollar order from this one place today.

I will of course give them one more chance to act interested in my order.

I will do another search in the mean time to try to find other fish farms who deliver to Tenn.

Thanks for your reply.

Robbie Roberson. ;\)
Posted By: Gumboot Re: Ordering fish. - 06/20/07 05:45 PM
Robbie,

Where in TN are you? There are several fish hatcheries in your state. Also oftentimes the "fish truck" will visit your local co-op or farm store. You might check with them as to their fish days.

Here are a few that I googled up.
Humbolt Fish Hatchery 423-725-3161
Eagle Bend Hatchery 865-457-5135
Green & Hagstrom 615-799-0708

Also Tennesse Wildlife Resources Agency might be of help. 423-253-2661.

Depending on where you are you might find a supplier in S. Kentucky or Northern MS, AL, or GA.

Stock your BG and FH first.
Posted By: Robbie Roberson Re: Ordering fish. - 06/21/07 12:36 AM
Gumboot, I am in Maryville, Tenn.

Thanks for the help. I will search each one and check them out.

I appreciate the help.

I did a search like that and hardly found any.......

Robbie Roberson ;\)
© Pond Boss Forum