Pond Boss
Posted By: Matt Clark Safe way for wifey to mow around pond... - 04/26/07 04:24 PM
Finally found a means for the wife to keep the pond banks all neat lookin'. Hey, if she wants to have it like that, it outta be worth a bit of work...

How far do ya'all think this would get me? Ain't bought it, just yet...but considerin' it. \:D
\:D That's great, I want to get my wife one to for Mothers Day She'de loose her mind.
Bought my wife a vacuum sweeper for Xmas once, as a joke...never again. Corded products are a no-no in our house...this idea might have about as much "blowback"! \:D
Hell ya,I bought mine a vaccume for B day thinking I was doing the right thing once and couldn't figure out why she didn't look like she liked it. :rolleyes:
In my case, we were already shopping and she mentioned something about "we need a new vacuum"...

I thought, OK...so I bought one (a REALLY NICE ONE, mind you) and she never even noticed me unload it. I wrapped it up, and set it under the Xmas tree...

Christmas morning, we're opening gifts...and she says "I'm going to save that biggest one for last..." Uh-oh...

Sure enough, I didn't even get a smile for that, and it cost a hundred bucks...last time I do anything that nice for her... ;\)

BTW...that's post number 500 for me...suppose I really outta be getting something done here.
Congrats \:D
That's genius, I have a mower like that, and a old bike, I think I'll build my own. Not sure the wife will give up her new JD, she is pretty proud of it.
Posted By: bobad Re: Safe way for wifey to mow around pond... - 04/26/07 08:42 PM
My wife's a gadget freak, and I'm very glad of it. I HATE to pick out touchy-feely-girly things.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Clark:
Finally found a means for the wife to keep the pond banks all neat lookin'. Hey, if she wants to have it like that, it outta be worth a bit of work...

-
-
-
I've always liked Matt. The wheels are always turnin' and his ingenuity is boundless. All this, and the unending consideration and devotion for his bride! A man's man, that Matt is.
It is all these fine characteristics that have inspired me to move forward and spoil Donna-ski. Yep, that little garden tractor just ain't gonna git it. I'm also very concerned for her when she's trimming the steeper pond embankments. I think I've found the perfect unit, engineered with gyroscopic-like adjustable center-of-gravity.
-
-
-
-

Lars is going to throw in the Walker tractor repair manual for nix. Marta is teaching D-ski how to make dumplings and cream puffs.
Это - один прекрасный советский трактор, товарищ!
Matt, my wife and I once went for "counseling". Yeah, the "Counselor" was also female. I came to the conclusion that they just don't think like we do. I never really got over the fact that a bathrobe wasn't a pretty good birthday gift to a gal that had been saying that she needed one.

The "expert" recommended that I read "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus". I tried but after a short time I accepted my shortcomings and have been more at peace with my inner self. Most Martians are unfeeling jerks. OK by me.
Спасибо, Theo. Я купил свинье и корове, также
Dave:

Thanks...and I'm always just thinkin' about my wife. Hate to see her get hurt with powered equipment...and this could improve her health. The fact that she owns/operates her own fitness club, notwithstanding... \:D
Matt,

Even more impressive then that high tech mower, is how you get her to actually mow your banks for you!!!!!

If you could be so kind, please help me to learn how I can get my wife to help out with some of the mowing chores. PLEASE!!!!

Eddie
Well, Eddie, that's not as straightforward as it might seem. She actually rather enjoys mowing, but (especially this time of year...prom) she doesn't get home til about 7 PM or so because the tanning bed is running pretty much non-stop. Therefore, I do most of the mowing. She loves how the yard looks right after it's mowed, so she does her share.

However, I just got a Swisher trail mower and have told her that if she wants to see the pond banks mowed, she may have to try to keep up with that, herself. I travel quite a bit for work, and can just barely keep up with the 1.5 acre or so yard she feels she must have, as it is. In-laws just moved to Arkansas, and they left their ATV at my place, so I keep the lawn sweep hooked to mine, and the trail mower to theirs...lots of time saved, but with near $3 gas, I keep threatening to get a bunch of sheeps anyway... \:D

Between playing and taking care of my trees, I keep pretty busy, when I'm at home, without mowing any more...
Posted By: bobad Re: Safe way for wifey to mow around pond... - 04/27/07 02:38 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
Это - один прекрасный советский трактор, товарищ!
Согласовано! Потрясающие трактор Эрик!
Stop it, already! Cousin-in-law can read/speak all kinds of Eastern European languages...I cannot! I'm starting to think yer all talking about me...8^)
Matt:

Только, потому что Вы параноидальны, это не означает, что они не отсутствуют, чтобы получить Вас.

See Paralink Free On-Line Translation

They cover many common languages, even Condello's Portuguese.

P.S. Did you ever notice how all words in Russian look and sound like "kaopectate?"
Kaopectate...now that's funny!
Τύποι αρχίζετε να με ανησυχείτε
....now look what comrade Theo has started!
:rolleyes: ;\) :p
Next he'll be telling us all about his Putin-take catfish pond.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Brettski:
...his Putin-take catfish pond.
D'oh!! \:D
Posted By: GW Re: Safe way for wifey to mow around pond... - 04/27/07 06:37 PM
The only Russian person I know is the limo driver Pikup Andropoff.
Thanks for the giggle and the link.

Does anyones wife need a tiller?

© Pond Boss Forum