Pond Boss
Posted By: Bob Lusk Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 02:38 AM
Okay, people. Many of you remember the urgent plea I sent out two years ago to "Name that Book." As a matter of fact it was TWO YEARS AGO!!" Geez, am I embarrased? Oh well, the book is finished, going through layout, will be ready in time to launch at the conference.
So, I wanted to revive the contest. Click on the link below to see what was done, but add new entries on this link.
Our layout guru Jim Stroud tells me I have to have the title to him by Saturday, if we are going to be done on time.
Let's go!

By the way...this book is about buying land, planning and building a pond.

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001400;p=1
Posted By: Taylor Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 03:23 AM
Perfect Pond.
Want One?
Posted By: Eastland Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 04:13 AM
"The Pond Builder's Guide to Success"

p.s. please send me an advance copy and bill my Credit Card on file \:D I need to review the buying land chapter(s) immediately !
Posted By: Alligator Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 04:22 AM
A Pondboss in the Making
- the (your, a) guide to pond building

Gator
THE POND AND LAKE CONSTRUCTION GUIDE

The definitive approach to intelligent design of water impoundments

Now let me briefly explain why the simple title heading.

View the following link.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=na...struction+guide

If you "Google" the words pond, lake and construction, you find no book of this title and several other entries in the top ten search results that would be of little or no interest to someone about to build a pond. I believe that this is how many people will come to find out about this book. Leaving any of the key words out would risk losing a lot of people who find out about resources through the internet. There are even strategies to make sure that the new book is listed extremely high in the search list.
Posted By: Joey Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 11:33 AM
After reading your post and thinking, only to come up with not much really good, I reread your post and I think you have a name for it right there in your post. Add the word THE... Very close to Bruces title.

The Pond/Lake Construction Book
Posted By: bobad Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 01:22 PM
1.)Bankruptcy, Divorce, and Pond Construction

2.) Pain and Delight: Planning and Creating Your Dream Pond

Or maybe just "Planning and Creating Your Dream Pond"

Good luck Bob!
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 01:43 PM
Titles
1. How to become a PondBoss
2. Be your on Pondboss.

sub titles
1.Your guide to Pond&Lake construction
2.Buy this book or it will leak
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 02:03 PM
A take off of the "Joy of Cooking" book found in almost every kitchen:

The Joy of Ponding...A recipe for the perfect pond.
Posted By: LUSKFAN Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 05:37 PM
How about..........

"PONDBOY" or "PONDHOUSE" ;\)
Your Trophy Pond - From Dream to Reality, The Complete Guide to Pond Planning, Construction, and Management
Posted By: Joey Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 06:26 PM
Be your own BOSS

The Bob Lusk's complete guide, to a perfect pond
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 08:03 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Joey:
Be your own BOSS
I like that.
Posted By: ewest Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 09:28 PM
The Road to Living Waters -
Your Perfect Pond Guide
Posted By: Dwight Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 10:05 PM
The Land, The Plan, The Pond

The Earth, The Plan, The Pond
Posted By: Russ Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 10:07 PM
Honey, why do we need a pond?
Keep shoveling, I'll explain it when we're finished.

Dedicated to Eric in NY ;\)
Posted By: Eric Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/24/07 10:26 PM
Russ,

You are a funny man!!! the wife is still asking why we needed a pond! However she is glad I am not digging anymorein our backyard and now doing it in my Sisters front yard!!!!

But hey love the name!!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Lusk:
Okay, people. Many of you remember the urgent plea I sent out two years ago to "Name that Book." As a matter of fact it was TWO YEARS AGO!!" http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=001400;p=1
This thread makes me nervous! I looked at the link above and read over 30 suggestions I'd made followed by the disclosure that I had a lot of time to do this because I was unemployed. I'm still unemployed! LOL Time sure flies!

Unfortunately I ran out of creative titles so my effort two years ago will have to suffice now. \:\) Does time erode one's power to think creatively?
Posted By: Eastland Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/25/07 12:17 AM
Nah, you are fine. With the time off, your mind just has a hard time justifying the thought of working up a catchy book title for only a few magazines. If you're going to put that much effort into it, then why not put on a suit and go into "sales"...it's your brains way of associating Pond Boss with patience ! Kick back, good things come to those who wait \:D
Posted By: Jersey Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/25/07 12:51 AM
I like The Pond Construction Guide for the reasons Bruce mentions. And its a good name, too. A subtitle wouldn't hurt.
Posted By: Frank Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/25/07 02:11 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Joey:
Be your own BOSS

The Bob Lusk's complete guide, to a perfect pond
Be your own Pond Boss - Bob Lusk's Complete Pond Guide
Posted By: CAllen Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/25/07 05:33 AM
How to Own Golden Pond? - Build It
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/25/07 12:19 PM
Chuck...you've been lurking a long time...
Geez! These are all really good ones.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/25/07 01:10 PM
I support the Condello analysis for the title. It describes the content and, perhaps more importantly, it is mechanically correct for internet search.
The salesman in me also recognizes that once the attention has been garnered, the human appeal must be captured. Something like...
 Quote:
THE POND AND LAKE CONSTRUCTION GUIDE
create affordable lake frontage and own every foot of it.

Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/25/07 01:47 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Geez! These are all really good ones.
I swear there was an entry in the original thread for "Dirty Little Secrets", but I couldn't find it yesterday. Love that one.
Posted By: ewest Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/25/07 03:47 PM
Building a Pond Boss Pond
Posted By: zhkent Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/26/07 04:37 AM
Buy Land, Plan and Build a Pond

Plan and Build a Pond

Plan and Build a Pond
Includes what to watch for when buying land
Posted By: CAllen Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/26/07 05:11 AM
Bob....I have been buying land, building and rebuilding ponds.

Finish the book - Please. \:D
Posted By: cmb Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/26/07 06:23 AM
I'm with Bruce - you cannot underestimate the importance of the title on search results when people are looking for material of this nature.

How do the majority of people find out about PB today? I just found it in the past month and am a new subscriber, because I found the site from a Google search (though I don't remember exactly what I was searching for at the time). I would guess that a significant portion, if not a majority, of your new subscribers find out about PB through a search engine.

Hence, the best title would include wording/phrases that people searching for such material would be highly likely to use. Something like "The Pond and Lake Construction Guide" would be fitting, if only as a subtitle preceded by some catchy title.

btw, you guys and your acronyms... I'm an experienced IT professional and I never thought I'd find a group that could challenge the number of acronyms in the IT industry...you guys are getting close. \:\) It took me a couple hours of browsing before I could finally get all these acronyms in my head and understand the posts. ;\)
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/26/07 01:59 PM
POND BOOK
Gottcha! Now that you've seen this book you have to buy it.
It's the law!
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/26/07 02:26 PM
Ponds:

A Step-by-Step Guide for Pond Constrution and Success.
Posted By: mikebee Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/26/07 02:51 PM
"DAM IT!"
A Complete Guide to Pond & Lake Construction.

Or

"DAM IT!"
The Art and Science of Pond & Lake Construction.

Or

"DAM IT!"
How to build "YOUR" Ideal Pond or Lake
Posted By: Bing Re: Reviving the book naming contest.... - 01/26/07 05:37 PM
Damn it, I like Mikebee's idea.

Bing
 Quote:
Originally posted by cmb:

Hence, the best title would include wording/phrases that people searching for such material would be highly likely to use. Something like "The Pond and Lake Construction Guide" would be fitting, if only as a subtitle preceded by some catchy title............
i agree with cmb.....so i'll push my edited earlier version as such:

Your Trophy Pond - From Dream to Reality
The Complete Guide to Pond and Lake Planning, Construction, and Management
© Pond Boss Forum