Pond Boss
Posted By: Chad Fikes Pond Boss Convention - 09/05/06 04:47 PM
Kathy and I were just in the office talking about the upcoming Pond Boss Convention. I was curious, other than those already paid up, who was planning on coming to Dallas to join us for 3 days of pond fun.

We look forward to meeting everyone and know that it will be fun and informative convention.

Thanks
Chad
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/05/06 05:09 PM
I'll be there.
Posted By: george Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/05/06 06:01 PM
Me too...... \:\)
George Glazener
Posted By: Bing Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/05/06 06:06 PM
I'll be there.

Bing
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/05/06 06:45 PM
Moi.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/05/06 07:13 PM
I'm down. I have to send in my money.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/05/06 08:52 PM
I would not miss it. Look forward to seeing you there !!

With this group I will promise you it will be fun , informative and there will be some great surprises . Stories you would not believe , laughter (double ROFLOL type) , did I say useful info , and quality people like you have never met. Everyone I have met (DFW and Atlanta) is even better in person than on the forum. Just wait until you can put the faces with the personalities and how well everyone works together in a group.

Start planning now and gather your pics and stories to bring with you.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/05/06 09:32 PM
I will be there no matter what.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 12:35 AM
I'll be there if it's not the weekend for me to rearrange my sock drawer. :p I've already cleared the weekend. Check's in the mail.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 10:06 AM
I will TRY to make it.... 25 minutes is QUITE a drive. hehehehe
HECK yea I will be there, need to send in my stuff but count Senor McButterpants IN like flynn
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 12:22 PM
F.McB, you're someone I'm really gonna have to reconcile my mental image with the actual appearance. I've been picturing Fatty Arbuckle crossed with Mrs. Butterworth, in pants.
Posted By: csmith Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 12:23 PM
I'll make it, trying to finish my project so I can bring pictures.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 12:55 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
F.McB, you're someone I'm really gonna have to reconcile my mental image with the actual appearance. I've been picturing Fatty Arbuckle crossed with Mrs. Butterworth, in pants.
It is nice to know you are thinking about me.......I think?!
Posted By: FamilyTradition Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 06:07 PM
F.McB, have you got enough room for the whole gang to bunk @ your place? It would sure save on hotel rental for everyone.
Posted By: Edward P. Eitel Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 06:42 PM
I'll be there!
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 06:47 PM
I barely have enough room for me!!!
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 06:49 PM
I'll be there it's in my back yard. Are we going to have to ware our forum name tags so everyone knows who their talking too?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 07:01 PM
Yes, we will. I suppose you can put your given name on it too, if you want, but what do I care who "John Q. Public" is. The folks I know here frequently have names like "Johnny Dirtsmasher", and that's who I'm looking to meet in Arlington. \:D

P.S. If your real last name is "Dirtsmasher", I apologize. \:\(
Posted By: eddie_walker Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 07:42 PM
This sounds real intersting and I'm sure I'd learn more in those two days than I will in the next twenty years.

I sent an email to pondboss for a registration form, but don't know if it's open to everyone, or just magazine subscribers.

Does anybody have any details on things like what it will cost, what the hours are going to be who the venders will be?

Thanks,
Eddie
Posted By: eddie_walker Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/06/06 08:02 PM
WOW, pondboss sure is fast!!! Kathy sent me the information to my email addres.

Thanks,
Eddie
Posted By: fishinglth Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/07/06 01:18 AM
I will be there. Can't wait!
Posted By: Bing Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/07/06 01:20 AM
Sent my money in today.

Bing
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/18/06 08:24 PM
I sent my check in today.

E Tu Brute'?
Posted By: Bing Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/18/06 09:03 PM
Sunil:

Thanks for getting me off of the bubble. Four people announced they were coming on September 6, me being the last one. Then no more registration announcements on this site until today. I was afraid I had jinxd the whole thing.

I believe when the "special guest / celebrity speaker" list is announced that the conference will sell out and we could scalp our tickets at huge profit on eBay. I may buy about 10 tickets and take a trip to Lake Fork with the proceeds.

Bing
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/19/06 12:50 AM
Bing, at this point, I have no idea what the status of special guest is, who it will be or whether there will be multiple ones. There are a lot of big names that are taking an interest in ponds and Lusk has multiple conversations going.

No matter what, when the word gets out that Sunil and Theo are coming to Cowtown, the scalpers, camera stores and liquor stores will go into overdrive. Groupies will sleeping on the steps of the Convention center.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/19/06 01:03 AM
There's such a thing as pond groupies?!?
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/19/06 01:11 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Never heard of them being stocked into a pond. They are indigenous to the warm ocean waters. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/19/06 01:13 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Yep; rumor has it they're anadromous.

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/19/06 11:04 AM
Nope, it's the Sunil and Theo Groupers, er I mean groupies.
Posted By: Jeff F. Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/27/06 11:00 PM
Is there a thread about the convention that has all of the details (when, where, topics etc).

I am a subscriber and frequent this site, but I missed this one.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/28/06 01:46 AM
Jeff try this one. I hope you can come. This is going to be a great event with some really good things planned.

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000005;p=1#000004
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/28/06 03:20 AM
Are there any plans to roast Lusk?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/28/06 10:36 AM
I'm more interested in gigging Otto. However, that's a man sized job and requires a good defense strategy and a quick excape route. He's evil.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/28/06 03:15 PM
Now Dave that is being a little hard on Otto. After all isn't he still learning to read and write. ;\)
Posted By: Brettski Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/28/06 06:02 PM
...Dave prepares a plan:
 Quote:
I'm more interested in gigging Otto. However, that's a man sized job and requires a good defense startegy and a quick excape route. He's evil.
-
-
What has become of boyhood friendships, forged to last a lifetime? If I may borrow from the Book of Dave, What Lusk hath wrought, let no pondmeister put asunder. Words to harken back to a time when pinkie promises were never broken (last pic in series)
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/28/06 07:50 PM
When will the conference agenda be available?
Posted By: cliffbrook Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/28/06 07:55 PM
isnt this like 6 months away?

at this rate there will be barnum and bailey circus complete with trained fish and dancing mermaids

you guys can start a thread, how many days till the convention. and count em down with a new plan on every countdown day.

its only dirt but the water is always beautifull
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/28/06 10:35 PM
RT, it's pretty sketchy so far. However, the general idea, AT THIS TIME, is to have 4 separate "classes" going on simultaneously in separated conference areas. They will repeat so nobody has to make a decision on what to see/hear and what to skip.

BTW, parking costs $5 or $6 per day at the Convention Center. However, the hotel across the street has no problem with conference attendees parking there and walking across the street. I was told this by the Convention Manager.

For those advertisers who take a booth, there will be overnight security, etc. Yep, that's an extra cost.

No booze or guns allowed. It runs up the cost of the Liability Ins. policy that they insist we carry.

It ought to be first class. Every time something new (surprises) comes up, Lusk says "Spend the money. We want to do it right." Since neither of us have ever done anything like this and have had absolutely no idea what is involved, there has been a bunch of surprises. All costing money. "What, you mean drinking fountains are metered? Pay toilets?" Well, it's not quite that severe but a lot of things that you think would be part of the deal aren't free in the convention business.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/29/06 12:16 AM
Dave did I here you say pick-pocket 3 times real fast. \:D ;\) :p
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/29/06 11:08 AM
Yeah Eric, it is kind of a character builder.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Pond Boss Convention - 09/29/06 12:53 PM
The only reason I'm asking is I am local and only plan to attend one of the two days. I want to be sure to meet all of you PBFF'S as I can. I sure wouldn't want to miss out on any celab's either.
Posted By: Eastland Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/28/06 09:58 PM
Reviving this thread...paid my registration today, booked a room as well. Rosenberg Ranch & Rosenberg Ranch II will be represented, I'm bringing my Pop. Looking forward to seeing everyone who attended the 1st DFW meeting again, and can't wait to meet all the others who frequent here...we are going to learn a few things and laugh our butts off, this will be GREAT. Life is Good ! ...as long as it rains \:\)
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/28/06 10:41 PM
The speaker list is stellar. I'm completely pumped up about this. Looking forward to seeing you, Eastland! And everybody else, too!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/28/06 10:49 PM
Bob is still working out details about keynote speaker(s).

I'm startin on some fun stuff that has nothin to do with fish or water.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/28/06 11:03 PM
Dave I have been working on fun stuff for the meeting for 3 mths. You never know who's pic will pop up as a topic of conversation. Fly tying , door prizes , slide show , free handouts and some other surprises as well - and that is just from the moderators' booth. \:D
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/28/06 11:21 PM
Texas Hold'em????
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/29/06 02:54 AM
That describes what George will be doing with the flies he creates. \:D :p
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/29/06 03:10 AM
Naw Man, Groceries!
Posted By: Eastland Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/29/06 03:56 AM
Ewest, you should feel ashamed, George was kind enough to mail out "free" flies just last year \:\) (p.s. will you make me a shirt just like you wore to the DFW meeting...with the logo and all ? ) \:D

DD...Groceries, way over my head ???

Sunil, deal me in \:\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/29/06 05:42 AM
Eastland, as long as no one brings the titles/deeds to their ponds, we should be good.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/29/06 11:12 AM
I'll be there! I need to send in my registration too! Bill Cody and I will be flying down. Looking forward to it.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/29/06 01:14 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Cecil Baird1:
...Bill Cody and I will be flying down.
...and boy, will our arms be tired!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/29/06 01:22 PM
\:D
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 12/29/06 03:21 PM
Driving this time - to much stuff to fly.

Eastland there may be a surprise for you ! \:\)

I have no say in George's fly tying. He will be the Texan holding the flies. But if the Lady G's $Gills are on the line I can create a distraction - then its every man for himself.

CB1 and Bill there will be a chair for you at the booth so you can rest your wings - oh I mean arms , and legs/feet also.

You guys should know by now that Guvner Davidson is doing the important stuff like - food and drink and logistics. If it weren't for Guv and Kathy the convention would still be just a thought in Bob's mind. \:D
Posted By: Eastland Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/01/07 04:16 AM
Just a thought for name tags...we should have the Pond Boss ID on one side, and the real name on the other \:\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/01/07 07:06 AM
You mean our Pond Boss names aren't our real names?
Posted By: Eastland Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/01/07 07:22 PM
Theo, I have noticed that most of the Pro's use their real names while others like me need an alias to hide behind.

Did I tell you about the 30 foot blocking net I used last year to hold Tilapia...I successfully choked 1/2 to death with moss, the other 1/2 beached when water levels fell rapidly in August...I need an alias !

p.s. Would a Mother actually name her Son "FattyMcButterpants" \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/01/07 11:52 PM
No, that sounds like more of a Father sort of thing. I argued with my Wife to name both our Son and Daughter "FMcB". Looking back, it's probably one argument it was wise to let her win (twice).
Posted By: Dwight Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/02/07 02:15 AM
Gail & I talked about heading to Texas (our favorite state south of Minnesota) for the Pond Boss Convention.

She goes under the surgeon’s scalpel tomorrow for the second time in 34 days.

Maybe next time….
\:\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/02/07 02:56 AM
Good luck tomorrow Dwight and Gail. We will keep you in mind !
Posted By: Dwight Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/03/07 12:58 AM
ewest - Thank you, everything went as planned, with the prognosis positive!
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/03/07 03:23 AM
\:\) \:\) \:\) That is good news !!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/03/07 03:41 AM
ditto what ewest said, Dwight.

ewest, is the First Annual Lusk Roast on the schedule of events?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/03/07 04:02 AM
Dwight, wonderful news.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/03/07 04:29 AM
That's great, Dwight. Very, very glad to hear that.
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/03/07 05:36 AM
Thanks for the good news update, Dwight. Maybe if you can't make the convention, we'll have to try for some sort of northern mini-convention.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/04/07 01:59 AM
You guys are the best! \:\)
Posted By: Dwight Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/04/07 03:14 AM
Dave Willis - Northern Convention, awesome possibilities! \:\)

Scenario:

Have it in Lincoln, NE.
Take over the local Motel Six for a weekend.
Cover the emptied pool with a 1” thick sheet of Plexiglas with a bunch of 8” holes in it.
Line the perimeter of the pool with coolers full of ice and beer, etc.
Invite all PB persons to experience ice fishing at its finest!
When the pool is full of empties we head to Bruce Condello’ place for breakfast and merriment!

Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/04/07 03:21 AM
I'll buy all the food. \:\) \:\)

Maybe we "accidentally" catch a pound-and-a-half bluegill or yellow perch. ;\)
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/04/07 03:29 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Eastland:
Theo, I have noticed that most of the Pro's use their real names while others like me need an alias to hide behind.

Did I tell you about the 30 foot blocking net I used last year to hold Tilapia...I successfully choked 1/2 to death with moss, the other 1/2 beached when water levels fell rapidly in August...I need an alias !

p.s. Would a Mother actually name her Son "FattyMcButterpants" \:D
Nope My momma named my Slim O'spambritches!!!
\:\)

I cant wait to meet yous guys this year 2007 should be VERY interesting!!!!

and I am in for eats,drinks, poker, and even a lil pond talk!!!
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/04/07 03:35 AM
Sunil :

Like old sergeant Klink -- I know nothing.

We have some moderator booth plans including a slide show. You should ask Guvner Davidson about B'BQed Lusk as he is in charge of the food. \:D
Posted By: Dave Willis Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/04/07 04:03 PM
Dwight, I think there has been a little talk of a Lincoln gathering. Bruce, is it too soon to talk about that? Whoops. \:\)
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/04/07 11:34 PM
I'm not really in charge of the food. We have to deal with the convention center for that. We're stuck and the menu is done.

I'm trying to figure out a BBQ or Mexican food deal after the show ends.

Trying to figure out some other extracurriculars also. The big attraction is going to be the speakers. I'm not at liberty to say anything yet about keynote speaker(s) because Lusk is handling that stuff.

Roast Lusk? YUCK!!! He would probably taste like chara smells.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/04/07 11:39 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Willis:
Dwight, I think there has been a little talk of a Lincoln gathering. Bruce, is it too soon to talk about that? Whoops. \:\)
Oh, yeah! The best time would probably be April. That way we could seine during the meeting. I've got a bluegill pond that needs cleaned out and it may have some biggies.
Posted By: Eastland Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/05/07 12:21 AM
Dave, we could get a LOT of laughs if we did an extracurricular show of Before & After Drought! Misery loves company ! I can see it now, docks on the prairie, jon boats in fields, etc...

I would be interested in BBQ/Mexican...I understand your dilemma, choosing is a struggle my friend \:\)
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/05/07 12:25 AM
 Quote:
Like old sergeant Klink -- I know nothing.
Now let's don't demote Colonel Klink ewest! ;\) \:D
Wish I could come. I want to bad.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/05/07 12:34 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ric Swaim:
[QUOTE] ...Now let's don't demote Colonel Klink ewest! ;\) \:D
Sergeant Hans Schultz is my lifelong hero. I live with three women and work with nine women.......

I know nuh-thinkk!! ;\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/05/07 02:16 AM
\:o I will be doing kp for a while for trying to demote the camp commandant. I still know nothing. \:D
Posted By: Dwight Re: Pond Boss Convention - 01/05/07 02:36 AM
Bruce Condello
Dave Willis

When the pool is full of empties; many large fish will have been caught through the Plexi-ice, observed, documented and celebrated profusely \:D

As time goes by, the stories about the Northern Pond Boss Ice-fishing Convention in Lincoln will be exciting, invigorating and eventually legendary

The Lincoln Motel Six may become almost as famous as the Wishek Inn located at 1216 Beaver Avenue in Wishek, North Dakota.
;\)
© Pond Boss Forum