Pond Boss
Posted By: John Bass Where's that Ark? - 03/20/06 12:05 AM
We've had 6" since Friday night and it is still raining. I was down 5' and have picked up 2+. Any other reports so far?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Where's that Ark? - 03/20/06 12:11 AM
According to the local news, an awful lot of Dallas is turning into a lake. And, like you say, it's still coming.

I have a 6 inch rain guage that I dumped at 4 inches. I want to see how much I really get.
Posted By: BarO Re: Where's that Ark? - 03/20/06 01:01 AM
My place is 15 miles SW of Tyler and has had 2.25" since Friday night as of 6:45PM. My pond (.75 acre)is within a foot of full after being down 6' at the end of 2005. I have 20 acres and get runoff from about 5 acres normally, but right now the runoff is coming from my neighbors. As of now, I have had 10.75" since the first of January ....nearly one half of last year's total. Glory! Glory!
Posted By: txpondad Re: Where's that Ark? - 03/20/06 01:19 AM
I'm in southern Collin County (east of Plano). My pond went from being down 5' to gushing over the spillway. From watching the evening news, it appears that the metroplex has suffered significant property damage and the loss of at least one life due to flooding. Talk about feast or famine. I hope Lake Lavon (our drinking water supply) has benefited from this event. It appears that the heaviest rain fell south of the Lavon watershed.
© Pond Boss Forum