Pond Boss
Posted By: Tentmaker Farm Rainbow Trout - 12/13/05 10:48 PM
On Dec. 12 stocked 100# of rainbow trout in a 1 acre pond. Got the fish from Harrell Arms. The smallest were abut 2# and the largest about 5#. The cost was $4.50/# delivered. First time to try this will keep posted. Looks like a very Merry Christmas. \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Rainbow Trout - 12/13/05 11:10 PM
Tentmaker :

That is great. \:\) \:\) I hope they work well. I will be interested in the results as I am thinkg about RT as an expir. next winter with larger fish. Check out the link below about trout in the south by SARC --fact sheets.

http://srac.tamu.edu/index.cfm?catid=34
Posted By: ewest Re: Rainbow Trout - 12/15/05 12:44 AM
Anyone tried RT in a mixed species pond? I know ML is or is about to. What were your goals and how did it turn out? Thanks for any info or replies.
Posted By: Jim Re: Rainbow Trout - 12/15/05 01:28 AM
From my experience, temperature is a bigger challenge than any other factor. I could't resist a load of 6 lb avg rainbows because of the low price. Had a great time with them and there were no obvious problems with the established LMB population until the pond warmed up. 70 degrees F is the magic number, once that happened, they were all Osprey food within a week.
Jim
© Pond Boss Forum