Pond Boss
Posted By: Bob Lusk Meeting in Georgia - 10/07/05 01:44 PM
I am hearing the talk about a Pond Boss meeting in Georgia. Let's do it. We need a few volunteers to step forward and put it together. I fly often, and typically connect in Atlanta. It would be fairly easy for me to stay a day, participate in a meeting, and fly on. If a group of you wants to do something similar to the meeting in Texas, let's start talking about it. Dave Davidson sparked the Texas group and can give you details what he did. It snowballed, and we had a huge time.
We have a great group in Georgia and surrounding area, and could potentially put together an interesting event.
Someone start something.
Posted By: TimBar Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/07/05 04:16 PM
I'm only a couple of hours from Atlanta. I'm sure I could attend.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/07/05 05:02 PM
I live in Atlanta and have a farm in Buchanan (about 60 miles W on I20). Bob, we havd a mutual friend in Carrollton (Johnny T.) - we need to get him involved. Count me in.
Randy
Posted By: Bob Koerber Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/07/05 05:29 PM
Count me in just a few hour drive for me.
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/07/05 05:31 PM
Lord knows I asked for it so count me in also. I don't know how much help I can be with the planning (4 hours South and a single mom), but I would love the experience!

Thanks Bob,

Deb
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/09/05 05:48 PM
I'm in, but if Deb and Greg are going to be in the same room lets pay for this by selling tickets
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/09/05 07:27 PM
I am in. I am in Macon 90 miles south of Hot-lanta

When Where?

I would offer my 3 acre pond for a location.

Frank
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/09/05 07:51 PM
We need someone to step up and help set things up. We need a meeting place and some tentative dates. Anyone?
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/09/05 07:57 PM
I'm going to check tomorrow I think I can get us a freebe meeting room at a hotel near the airport
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/09/05 09:25 PM
Bill :

Try for a meeting room in the airport. That worked great in DFW . Set the date far enough in advance so all the people have time to plan. You may want to talk to Dave Davidson about what worked well in DFW. ewest
Posted By: Jersey Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/10/05 06:40 PM
Count me in!
Let's see how many people we have before I offer facilities.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 01:20 AM
Bob I just got in. I somehow missed this thread and got a voicemail from Duggan. Great idea. Is this exclusive to pond boss memebers? If others come now that are not memebers I bet they would be after the meeting. What timeframe? I work hard to take off time for hunting and will be hard pressed to help out the next two months. If Feb is timeframe I think we can do some good planning this out and Yes Bill I will help anyway fit. Bill I promise to be nice to Deb. I'm the one scared she can argue me under the table. ;\)
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 02:09 AM
Good start, all. February is a great month. I don't necessarily think it should be limited to Pond Boss members. Planning is essential, and the organizer needs to have a list of everyone who will attend, before the meeting. If space is limited, we should limit attendance.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 02:38 AM
I live in Macon Georgia 90 miles south of Hot-lanta and would be willing to start keeping track of attendees, or whatever I can do to help organize. I can post notices and other info on my website if necessary.

email me at frankp0@cox.com with the following info and I'll start a list. Please put GA PB MEETING in subject line.

Name
Address, City State Zip
email address
Suggested dates in February 2006 (Feb 4'th, 11,18, 25 are Saturdays in Feb 2006)
Top 3 Topics you want to hear/learn/discuss

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome

Frank
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 04:22 AM
Febuary is a GREAT month football season is OVER!!! What part of the city would you all like to have it? Greg Man we should REALY put alot into this I have other people who want to build ponds and get into this!!

Boy this sounds Great!!!! We all who live here need to get together some where and work this OUT!! \:D
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 12:52 PM
COol, DUggan I suggest working with Frank. He is way more organized than I. Ever been to his personal pond website? WOW! Bob do you want to have some pond talks? Frank your place might be a bit far if most are around Atlanta, but I have no problem with it. First like always, what are the goals of the meeting? To meet folks in perosn or also learn something via a presentation, field study, etc? The ideal place I would think would be with a pond but facility close for eating, talking and listening. Thoughts?
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 12:54 PM
what about charge for food, etc? $15 or something and if money was left give it to POnd Boss?
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 02:35 PM
Some thoughts to consider. Keep in mind weather and location and numbers. Outside at a pond in Feb. can be wet , cold or both. The easier the access to the location the better. You also have to plan a flexible location that will work if you have 20 or 50 people. With limited time to meet (you will be shocked how fast the time will run out) the focus should be on exchanging ideas and discussion of topics . DFW was an open forum which worked well because with a little advanced thinking the topics people were interested in were covered. If you have set talks on specific topics you lose the interaction of the attendees and someone has to prepare to give the talks. ewest
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 04:06 PM
I thought the D/FW meeting was great. We all sat around a square set of tables, so everyone could make eye contact. We started at the start, talking about pond construction, then free-lanced our way through the day. There was a free exchange of ideas, and if anyone wanted to speak, they could. Questions were addressed to different people, with interjections from anyone compelled. It was refreshing, to break bread with fellow pondmeisters. We had people from all walks. There was an attorney, nuclear physicist, dentist, retired manufacturer, consultants, entreprenuers...it was great. We went in without an agenda and that was pretty neat. Dave Davidson was in charge, and he had several key people around him to find the venue, to provide subway sandwiches and drinks. It was a fun event. Heck, I might be able to talk Otto into flying with me.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 04:37 PM
Come on guys send me your name and info!

Hey Greg thanks for the kind comments about my website. If anyone wants to see its www.frankpinkston.com - click on Finney Farm link.

Frank
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 05:13 PM
Frank,

I'd appreciate being on your list. I've got some "free" Southwest tickets to use...can't think of a more potentially entertaining way to spend a Saturday. Maybe Greg will finally realize I'm not the monster he thinks I am...maybe not also. \:D
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 05:15 PM
ML hope you can talk Southwest into flying to Atlanta by Feb.
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 05:21 PM
Ooops. Bill, you folks are really deprived. \:\)

No Southwest in Georgia at all? I have flown them to Birmingham, but that's not exactly close...anything close to Atlanta?
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 07:34 PM
ML, Hope to see you to make ammends. Ever heard of Clark Howard, consumer advocate? He talks all the time about driving the two hours to Brham to save money. It is not that far from ATL is my point. Frank I will email my info so you have it. DId the Dallas meeting charge any money or did you just buy your own food? I have to diff clients that live on nice lakes with clubhouse right beside. Want me to look into rental fee? I think one, toph20, said his is $50.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 08:21 PM
ML
email me your info I'l add you to the database I set up

Deb already responded

Greg responded

Keep 'em comming and Ill keep yal posted

Frank
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 09:05 PM
I tried will again tomorrow, in your address is the O a number or cap letter
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/11/05 11:34 PM
Bill I went both ways with it and had it bounce back each time. Just do a direct private message through your link above. That finally did the trick for me.

Deb
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/12/05 05:28 AM
Hey guys I will Deffently be there....Who is going to organise this??
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/12/05 11:23 AM
Since my name has been thrown around, I'll give my thoughts on what we did in Texas that seemed to work. Somebody has to take charge and just do it. Saying let's get together or y'all come just doesn't cut it. Trent Lewis kinda stuck me with the job. I don't remember how many attendees we had but it was around 15.

Step one was to find out when Lusk could be there. He is incredibly busy and working nationally but is also extremely interested in this type of thing. Pick the date and stick with it. This part can't be done by committee.

Next, find a place to have it. To do this, you really have to know how many are coming. Once you get a rough idea on numbers, find a place. Gary Condo (Pond Rookie) did it all on these arrangements. He has connections in the
hospitality industry. I wouldn't have known where to start. He also knows a Chef that provided, gratis, some damn good sub sandwiches. Since we were meeting at D/FW Airport, we couldn't wander around a lot so we ate and stayed put. Gary did a helluva job here. If anyone attending has experience in the hospitality industry, hustle them into doing this part. You might be well advised to get in touch with Gary to get his recommendations. We did not attempt to block out hotel rooms for those coming in to spend the night. Gary said we would have to personally guarantee ($) the room occupancy and we passed on this part.

You have to go into marketing mode. I went through past posts to find people in Texas and E-mailed them. Most responded but some didn't. I correctly surmised that some interested ponders only log on occasionally. Since we were meeting inside the Airport, we had to have a firm list of attendees to furnish to Airport Security. Make a list. Not everybody showed that said they would and a couple of people showed up that hadn't previously committed. Gary was able to get them in.

No matter what you do, you have to have some kind of commitment. Without it, you can't make arrangements or figure out an agenda.

For an agenda, we had Lusk talk about all of the steps in ponding from site selection to fishing. Mike Otto talked from his extensive experience on sites and the aspects of pond building. Lots of agreements and disagreements, cussing and discussing here. Lots of sharing on what had and hadn't worked. All of us, including Bob and Mike, learned from each other. Lots of interesting new ideas and experiences were thrown out.

In retrospect, I can't think of anything that we could have done differently. Some attendees might have other ideas and can chime in with suggestions. I hope they will. Eric West (EWEST) did a great job of chronicling the various aspects that we discussed.

The part that I think all of us enjoyed is putting real names and faces with the CB Handles that a lot of people use to post here. I hope we can do it again next year.

Oh yeah, bring pictures of your water holes.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/12/05 01:29 PM
I live here in Atlanta and often fly in & out. I don't suggest meeting at the airport. It would be great for the few people that will fly in, but a nightmare for most of the people driving to the meeting. Depending on the number of people coming, a suite or meeting room at a hotel closs to the airport would probably be the best way to go. My farm and 4A, .5A & .33A ponds are about 45 miles from airport, and I would be happy to offer it, but might be too far, and it's really not anything fancy. I'm not in the hospitality business, and have no connections, but will be glad to help find a place when we have more information. I can't volunteer to oversee the whole event - too busy trying to keep a couple off business's from going straight down the tubes............... Randy
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/12/05 02:32 PM
It is the mumber zero in my email frankp0@cox.net

Thanks

Frank
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/12/05 09:35 PM
Frank I am almost sure I can get us a comped meeting room at a nice hotel near the Atlanta airport if that is the way to go. Once we have a date I will firm it up.
Bill
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/12/05 10:05 PM
Frank I will try email again, did you get it? I say let Duggan and Frank run this thing? Others agree? I guess you do not like the idea of being close to a lake? I think local folks would rather drive to metro ATL than in heart of ATL traffic, plus I think it will cost less at subdivision country club than hotel, but I'm probably wrong.
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/12/05 10:13 PM
Gee wiz thanks Greg
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/13/05 01:36 AM
Bill, that's the way it happened to me. Damn fish dealers!
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/13/05 12:17 PM
Greg

I did not get your email.

The address is frankp0@cox.net

That is a zero not the letter O.

I have 4 responses so far.

Frank
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/13/05 07:16 PM
I only have 4 folks that responded. Come on guys and gals surely there are more folks in Georgia interested?!

Deb and Jersey y'all intetested? Send me your info email frankp0@cox.net (that is a zero)

Frank
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/13/05 07:40 PM
Frank,

By Deb I am assuming you mean me! I sent that info to you by private message first of the week. Please let me know if you did not get it.

Deb
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/13/05 08:25 PM
Deb

Yes I got your message. Sorry I had not moved your info into the Access database I set up. You are in now! And thanks

Frank
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/13/05 09:19 PM
YES Frank!!! I am intrested!!!!! what do I DO!!! HERE TAKE MY MONEY!!! \:D \:D
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/13/05 09:46 PM
big_pond

shoot me an email at frankp0@cox.com (thats a zero in my email not the letter O) with the following info and I'll add you to the list. Please put GA PB MEETING in subject line.

Name
Address, City State Zip
email address
Telephone
Suggested dates in February 2006 (Feb 4'th, 11,18, 25 are Saturdays in Feb 2006)

Frank
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/14/05 05:07 AM
Bill Duggan

I sent you a message here. For some reason I had an email returned that I sent with a bad address. What's the correct address?

I sure hope you are in for assisting with local arrangements. Let's get in touch in the next few days.

But Not Saturday - I'm going to Hot'Lanta to hear the Rolling Stones - gonna watch Mick and the boys in their 60's at Phillips Arena.

Frank
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/14/05 11:34 AM
I will be out of town for 9 days, good luck organzing. thanks guys for doing this.
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/14/05 12:05 PM
Frank I am having a hard time e-mailing you to

bduggan@quingroup.com

770-380-9944
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/14/05 05:35 PM
Bill

I sent you an email - hopefully this one will make it to you.

Its the da?? zero inmy email probably thats goofing you up. It is frankp0@cox.net

Frank
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/14/05 06:31 PM
Hey Frank I keep getting this email to BOUNCE

Email me at: r_boulware@hotmail.com
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/14/05 07:46 PM
Frank
Call me Sunday afternoon 770-380-9944

Bill Duggan
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/14/05 08:32 PM
Bill I will call Sunday but probably late afternoon before I return from seeing Mick and the boys at Phillips Arena.

Frank
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/14/05 09:22 PM
Rolling Stones LIVE and Keith Richards(old joke)
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/15/05 01:04 AM
I think Ken should be invited to the meeting to defend his fish and procedures, and let Deb stay home with her son and/or play golf.
Deb, how 'bout that Michelle Wie?

Tigermeister
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/15/05 01:19 AM
If one did not know better, than one might assume a wee bit of anxiety over my attendance. On a serious note I am not sure if Ken's health can handle the trip/debate.

Besides Burger, are you scared that if you showed I would challenge you to 18 holes? We could always hold the meeting at a country club...

The Tigeress \:D
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/24/05 01:31 PM
OK, what is the latest news? Do you want me to invite a few clients that would learn and bring info to the table. I think most are pond boss subscriber but not on this board, but some my not be, invite them or not. Have a date in mind yet? Deb I really hope you and Ken can make it out.
Posted By: james holt Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/24/05 02:14 PM
Dave when is the next Texas Meeting so I can put it on my calander?
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/24/05 02:36 PM
ABSOLUTLY GREG bring the OUT!!! \:\)
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/24/05 06:19 PM
Set your calenders foR Feb 4 2006. Bob will be with us at the Georgia Meeting.

Bob Lusk and Mike Otto are coming to Atlanta!

Thanks Bob and Mike I cant wait

If you have not responded send me an email frankp0@cox.net (thats a zero not the letter O)

Frank
Posted By: jbrockey Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/25/05 02:25 AM
Count me and the wife in. Scott will be out of town. Frank, I'll send you the info asap, JB
Posted By: jbrockey Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/25/05 02:43 AM
My topic ideas are aquatic plants, the good/bad/ugly...renovating ponds with/during a drawdown...diversifying the forage base.

I have another thought. (that's scary!) Someone should gather up everyone's digital photos: ponds, fish, working the pond, more fish, your innovative ideas etc. and put together a "slideshow". Someone out there must be good at this.

I'll bring my camera and take pictures of everyone there to post. Maybe Bob will put you all in the mag... \:D JB
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/25/05 06:22 PM
JB

That is great that you are gonna come. The date is set for Feb 4. Location being worked on now.

I have the pics of my pond project at http://www.frankpinkston.com/haddock/haddock.htm

You can see before, during, and after pics along with other data.

Send me your info to frankp0@cox.net (thats a zero not letter O)

Frank
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/26/05 10:32 AM
James, so far, no plans for next year.
Posted By: pplea Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/26/05 01:15 PM
I just heard about the meeting in Georgia. I'm in Lake Sovereign in Canton, Ga on a 43 acre lake. We have a clubhouse that sits on the lake with a dock and boat ramp. We're about 40 minutes from the airport and the clubhouse can be rented for $75.00. Greg Grimes manages our lake so he can let you know about the facilities here. I can also send pictures of the lake and clubhouse if you're interested.

I'm looking forward to attending where ever you have it.

Thanks
Phyllis
pplea@comcast.net
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/26/05 02:10 PM
Phyllis

Thanks for the info on your place and offer to host the meeting. Please send me pics

email me at frankp0@cox.com with the following info and I will add you to the list of attendees.
That is a zero in the address not the letter O

Name
Address, City State Zip
email address

Thanks

Frank
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/26/05 02:33 PM
Yeah it would be GOOD if every body brought pictures of their LAKE and ALL the Specs with it.... \:D such as Size of lake, how it is stocked, When it was stocked, What is the goal of the lake, ect.....
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/26/05 08:44 PM
I created a simple page on my website for info about this meeting. All it contains at the moment is the date (Feb 4, 2006) but as details are finalized I will update the page. It is at www.frankpinkston.com/pondboss.html There is a link to click and send me an email if you are attending.

Frank
Posted By: Big Jake Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/26/05 09:51 PM
Hey count me in, I have spoke to many of you on this site and would consider it a privilege to meet you in person. I am 2 hours south of Atlanta just outside Columbus. Some of you may remember I am the guy that struggles with a bloom each year but finally figured it out with the help of this site. I recently added TF and they have done great and my RW are up so I guess from a novice standpoint I am not sure what I would have to offer other than experiances. Looking forward to it.

Jake
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/26/05 10:21 PM
Frank what took you so long, ;\) I told you Bill he was organized. Thanks Big Jake look forward to seeing you.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/26/05 10:55 PM
Thanks Greg

Big Jake shoot me an email I'll add you. You make #16!

Frank
Posted By: Toby Davis Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/27/05 12:49 AM
I would love to go. Can't commit right now though. My topic would be just to see some good picture presentation of various members ponds/families/fish/structures/set ups. Especially from people who 'winged' it and then found POND BOSS and what they would have done differently.
Toby
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 10/27/05 03:45 AM
TOBY

Go ahead to www.frankpinkston.com/pondboss.html and send me an email. I'll have you on the list and you can decide in Jan as plans finalize.

Frank
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 11/03/05 09:11 PM
SOOOOO what is the SCOOP on this? How is the planning going??
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 11/04/05 12:54 AM
locations are being scouted - I hope we will have final location next week.

Frank
Posted By: Jersey Re: Meeting in Georgia - 11/04/05 08:56 PM
I just had a thought. It would be great if I could get my local NRCS guy there. Maybe he could explain to all of us why the NRCS cannot offer any assistance in pond building. Even better, get our local ACoE district engineer to tell us why they are not allowing any more ponds to be build in this district.

I'll leave it up to someone else to invite them. ;\)
Posted By: Sunil Re: Meeting in Georgia - 11/04/05 09:20 PM
Jersey, that certainly is an idea worth exploring.

I think you might have to check all weapons and firearms at the door so as to avoid a potentially bad situation.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 11/05/05 01:51 AM
Locations are being scouted for the meeting in Georgia. Mark your calendar for Saturday Feb 4, 2006! I am collecting the names of folks interested in attending.

See www.frankpinkston.com/pondboss.html for details and click the link to send me an email!

Bob Lusk, Mike Otto, Greg Grimes and more....

Don't Miss It!

Frank
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 11/08/05 01:03 AM
I had an email from Bob Lusk today confirming that he, Mike Otto, and Sherman Wyman are attending. Anyone that has not signed up go to www.frankpinkston.com/pondboss.html and sign up.

The date is Saturday Feb 4, 2006.

Frank
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/01/05 06:34 PM
Hey Folks,

We have a location selected - on Lake Sovereign about 40 miles north of Atlanta. Phyllis Lea has offered this to us.

Lake Sovereign is one mile off I-575 at exit 11. Town Center Mall has lots of lodging and resturants and is at I-575 exit 3. The is also lodging and resturants at I-575 exit 6, which is the Hywy 92 exit.

There will be an announcement in the next issue of Pond Boss magazine. Hurry and sign up as space is limited. See my web page at http://www.frankpinkston.com/pondboss.html I will post map, directions, etc soon

Frank
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/01/05 10:42 PM
Frank how many have signed up so far?
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/01/05 11:36 PM
Greg

I have 17 so far counting you, and Lusk's group. Of the 17 one or two seem "iffy"

Frank
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/01/05 11:59 PM
Ok I will mention to more folks about the meeting. BTW thanks for advice on the picture I posted not making it I deleted topic.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/02/05 08:01 AM
More details are avialable at http://www.frankpinkston.com/pondboss.html
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/02/05 11:08 PM
Frank do you think it is a good idea if you have a way to post roster of those on list as coming? I was going to invite some pond owners who are PB memebers but not active on here but did not know if already coming. List of those expecting would help. thanks
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/03/05 02:49 AM
Greg

I will send you an email with the folks who have responded

Frank
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/06/05 07:53 PM
Here is update on the 20 who have responded
so far.

Bob Lusk, Mike Otto, Sherman Wyman,
Frank Pinkston, Greg Grimes, Larty Hartley, Bill Douggan, Randy Edgar, Debra King, Raleigh Boulware, Cary McDaniel, Calder Pinkston, Ron Aivalotis, JB and Rachel Allen, Phyllis Lea, Big Jake, Ric Swain, Eric West, Jack Greene

Have I missed anyone?

If anyone else is interested go to http://www.frankpinkston.com/pondboss.html for more info, map to the meeting location, and a link to send me an email if I do not have you on the list.

Thanks to all who responded!

Frank
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/06/05 10:04 PM
Do you need any money I will gadly give if it is needed!!! Lets make this into a yearly event!!
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/06/05 10:43 PM
big_pond

I like making it an annual event. Thanks for the offer to help on $. I'll let you know.

Frank
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/07/05 04:07 PM
An anonymous donor has volunteered to sponsor the Georgia meeting costs, including rental of the facility, snacks for breaks, and a modest lunch.

In lieu of a charge to attend the meeting, the donor requests that each attendee make a contribution to Bob Lusk and his family. We will "pass the hat" at the meeting. Maybe in some small way the group can assist Bob and his family in recovering from the destruction of their home.

Frank
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/07/05 04:17 PM
Awesome idea and thanks to the donor.
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/07/05 04:31 PM
I would be in too if the date can be the 18th or after. Prior we have a big show in Atlanta to attend. I can have a general presentation on pond aeration and have equipment for everyone to touch and play around with. Not only our product line but others as well.
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/07/05 04:36 PM
Well I will SURE donate!!!!
We HAVE to make this an annual event!!! what it cost!! \:D
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/07/05 05:55 PM
Cary

We are set for Sat Feb 4 - plane tickets bought, etc so we cannot change the date. Sorry you cannot make it!

If you want to send some litrature I will be happy to pass it out at the meting. Email me and I will give you my snail mail address

Maybe you can attend next year.

Frank
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/07/05 07:43 PM
Frank,

The show is the weekend after the fourth. I should be able to make it then if there is room for me.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/07/05 10:51 PM
Cary

We would be delighted for you to attend and discuss aeration and see your equipment. I am personally interested in what this would do for my pond. Unfortunately I do not have power at my pond so I would need solar.

I have added you to the list of attendees. I look forward to seeing you on Sat Feb 4, 2006. See my website for a map. I will post more info there as it becomes avalable. http://www.frankpinkston.com/pondboss.html

Frank
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/18/05 03:29 AM
We now have folks attending from 8 states.

AL,FL, GA, MS, NC, OH, TX VA

That is awesome.

Frank
Posted By: Wayne Edwards Re: Meeting in Georgia - 12/21/05 06:26 PM
Frank, I have been unsucessful in several attempts to email you about the Feb 4 meeting. Give me a call at (706)548-6583
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/03/06 10:04 PM
We are only a month away from the Georgia Meeting. We are getting close to capacity so if you have not emailed me that you want to attend, email me now!

If you have already emailed me, you will receive a confirmation email shortly. If you think you are already on the list and do not reveive an confirmation email something is wrong, most likely I have an incorrect email address.

George Glazener has donated two of his famous Lady G’s $-Gill flies for door prizes. Greg Grimes is bringing an electro shock boat (weather permitting) for a demo. Deb from Ken's will be there. Cary Martin from Aeration Technologies and Ted Lea from ForeverGreen will discuss aeration.

Best of all Lusk and Otto will be there!

Will you?

Frank
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/04/06 03:02 AM
Frank,
Great job! Next, we may want to set up an agenda, and designate a given amount of time to each subject, so we can keep a balanced and moving discussion. It may be a good idea to poll and see what the participants want to talk about, since this meeting seems geared to exchange information. Time will fly by, I promise.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/04/06 03:09 AM
Bob,

I have been working on agenda. Some topics have been suggested in the emails to me. You can guess most of them:

forage
structure
weeds/vegetation
renovation
aeration
and my personal favorite -- harvest/culling

I will send you a rough draft of the agenda/schedule in a day or so.

Wed will bring 68 degrees here and I am gonna wet a hook. We had really severe weather in Georgia yesterday and I need to survey the damage from wind. (At least thats the excuse.. )

Frank
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/04/06 01:05 PM
Frank don't you think with Deb and the pros there we should have Georgia Giants as one topic
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/04/06 01:49 PM
Thanks Bill, put me on the spot. I love you too. \:D

I will be glad to bring some info on the GG's and briefly answer some questions, but with this being such a rocky subject as of late we might ought to set forth a schedule. Kinda do a redneck timeline of events with different time slots alloted for different subjects.
Just a thought.

Deb
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/04/06 04:48 PM
Bill and Deb

Yes GG can be a topic as long as fisticuffs are avoided- LOL. I plan on developing an agenda with time line as Deb suggested

Frank
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/23/06 07:53 PM
SSShhhhh.....This was supposed to be a secret....
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/27/06 07:23 PM
We have reached the capacity that we can hold at the Georgia Meeting. I am still taking names - but for a waiting list.

See y'all next weekend!

Frank
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/27/06 08:37 PM
Frank :

How many have signed up and what is room capacity? We should have this set up for live online streaming to all PBer's next time. \:D What about topics? Now is the time for non-attenders to suggest a topic.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/27/06 09:30 PM
eric

With tables arranged in a square shape, we can fit 32 around the tables. There are two or three bar stool seats so 35 max.

We could hold more if we used a podium/audience style seating but I went with the square table arrangement. I think that will allow a more relaxed interactive session.

I have 34 on the list as of Friday afternoon Jan 27. I have not turned anyone away yet.

Topics are posted on my web site at http://www.frankpinkston.com/topics.htm

See ya soon

Frank
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/27/06 09:37 PM
Great job and many thanks go to Frank for his outstanding effort on this meeting !!! \:\) \:\)
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/27/06 11:09 PM
Eric

Thanks

Phyllis Lea, our local member at Lake Sovereign, has done much of the legwork - scouting restaurants and hotels, etc. She went to the clubhouse, measured tables, and sent me a drawing of the possible layouts. Phyllis has been GREAT and the meeting will be all the better for her hard work.

Frank
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/27/06 11:17 PM
Thanks Phyllis !!!!! \:\)
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/28/06 02:25 AM
Thanks to all who were involved with this. That includes Phyllis, Frank, Duggan, and many other "behind the scene" participants.
I am excited beyond words about what lies in store for next weekend.
Everyone have a safe trip, and I will see you there.

Deb

edit: Frank can I have a chair versus a stool please? \:D
Posted By: Bing Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/28/06 02:54 AM
Man am I jealous. I found out about this too late to plan a trip to Georgia. Bob did a mini-seminar at my home here in Illinois last summer and kept my pond lovin' friends enthralled for hours. Hopefully this ck cept will expand and there can be seminars in many locations.

Please don't forget while at the seminar to slip a little something to Bob to help him recover from his recent disasterous fire.
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/28/06 02:44 PM
One week and counting !!! \:\) \:\) Take the opportunity to put your 2 cents in now if you won't be able to attend.
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 01:13 PM
Come hungry folks I am starting you off with my favorite breakfast: Boiled peanuts
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 01:56 PM
Duggan you are a man after my own heart. Add some cold pizza and a canned coke, and I might marry you. \:D

edit: I just looked up the weather forecast. Temps will be 60 degrees as a high with a 60% chance of thunderstorms. It doesn't look like we will be able to electroshock anything (except ourselves if we go outside). \:\(
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 02:01 PM
Hey Frank:

Can you post a quick list of members who will attend? Just curiosity on my part (I am really excited).
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 02:32 PM
Goobers in the morning? Come on Bill, I was expecting grits, side meat, biscuits and gravy, and hen fruit. All followed by more clinkers to sop up some m'lasses.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 03:10 PM
Don't forget cathead biscuits.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 03:31 PM
I would think boiled peanuts, RC Cola, and Moonpies.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 03:39 PM
The folks attending are:

Number Attending and Name

1 Bill Duggan
1 Bill Thorpe
1 Bob Lusk
1 Calder Pinkston
1 Cary Martin
1 Cary McDaniel
1 Dave Davidson
1 David Pendergrast
1 Debra G. King
1 Eric West
2 Frank Pinkston
1 Greg Grimes
1 Hal Lelle
1 Jack Green
2 JB and Racquel Allen
2 Johnny Tanner
1 Mike Otto
1 Paul Williams
1 Phyllis Lea
2 Randy Cooper
1 Randy Edgar
1 Ric Swaim
1 Robert Coleman
2 Ted Lea
1 Troy Pugh
2 Warren and Lynda Gilbert
2 Wayne and Eloise Edwards

See y'all soon!

Frank
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 04:25 PM
I thought Meadowlark was coming, too.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 04:32 PM
Bob

Meadowlark decided NOT to attend.

Frank
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/29/06 08:00 PM
Dave thats my breakfast at Cracker Barrel on the way!
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/30/06 01:26 PM
Yep Deb weather not looking good but forecast will probably change three times b/f sat. I wanted to bring new electroshock boat but will not be ready for another two weeks. I will get the old one prep. since it has not been in use since early Nov.

BTW folks are welcome to come up to our headquarters on Sunday morning before heading home, it is about 15mins up the road. Headquarters, that is funny I mean barn(office), and my ponds. If folks want to catch some quick trout they will bite a bare hook or about any fly. I will have to leave by 11:30 for consult in the mountains.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/31/06 08:47 PM
4 days and counting
intellicast says the weather will be: "Windy with times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the low 30s."

maybe we can get Grimes to shock after all!

Frank
Posted By: big_pond Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/31/06 09:56 PM
Boy I m sad i am going to miss this... \:\( ...can we do this next year i would more than GLADLY kick in to help..money wise or other...
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/31/06 10:40 PM
Man this is going to be great. Having been to the DFW meeting I can tell you this will be a real treat. Great people to meet and share ideas with and learn from. Bring you humor and fish stories and questions and be ready to meet your fellow fish nuts. \:D \:D ;\)
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/31/06 11:16 PM
Yep rain is coming on friday instead but only 50 for high in this area is cold on the water. We shall see, maybe I can just show Deb how to run an accurate water check of hardness, \:\) see you Deb!
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/31/06 11:29 PM
Or, Greg, maybe you can go down to Ken's and shock that GG pond with the HSB for the guy in the military.
Hell no, we ain't forgittin', Deb. :p
Posted By: Jersey Re: Meeting in Georgia - 01/31/06 11:38 PM
As I feared, something has come up and I more than likely will not be able to be there. Take notes and pictures! I hope my absence will allow someone else to attend. I show up late if I can.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 12:03 AM
Hey Jersey, no excuses..be there or be square. We're comin' and fun will reign!
Posted By: Ted Lea FOREVERGREEN Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 12:22 AM
Greg, 50 for the high Im pack'n shorts and sun screen, The wife is planning on skiing behind that E shock boat (she dosent get off the farm much) !!!!!!!! \:\)
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 12:31 AM
Also bring pond pictures.

Ted, those of us with thin blood are sissies. We'll dressed a little bit differently than you. Of course, our long handles will have less threads to the inch than you are accustomed to seeing.
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 01:06 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Grimes:
Yep rain is coming on friday instead but only 50 for high in this area is cold on the water. We shall see, maybe I can just show Deb how to run an accurate water check of hardness, \:\) see you Deb!
Does that mean you will show me how hard your head hits the water when I push you in? :p

See you sooner than you think!
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 01:08 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by burgermeister:
Or, Greg, maybe you can go down to Ken's and shock that GG pond with the HSB for the guy in the military.
Hell no, we ain't forgittin'. :p
I have not forgotten either. His fish are scheduled for delivery at noon on the 8th. That means the pond water will be dropped this weekend, and I will be able to post pics. next week. I was hoping to have them by this weekend. \:\(
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 01:08 AM
Be nice Deb. In the new vernacular, he and his wife are pregnant.
Posted By: Debra King Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 01:10 AM
I know Dave, but surely he can swim.... \:D

Actually Greg and I are doing just fine. We called a truce and promise to behave this weekend. Although we may have a food fight with Duggan's p-nuts.
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 01:16 AM
On a more serious note, what time do I need to plan on showing up?
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 01:34 AM
Ric :

See this link for agenda and times. Be there early.

http://www.frankpinkston.com/topics.htm
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 02:50 AM
Jersey,

Sorry you may not make it! We will take good notes.

Frank
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 03:36 AM
"Or, Greg, maybe you can go down to Ken's and shock that GG pond with the HSB for the guy in the military.
Hell no, we ain't forgittin'. "

I must be out of the loop what the heck is this about????

Ted you are right but I'm used to shocking and counting fish when it is about 40 degrees warmer. That is huntin' weather not fishin' weather.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 03:51 AM
Sorry, Greg, not aimed at you. Just ribbing Debra about the pics of the monster GGs that will be posted when the pond is drained to get the HSB for the guy in the military. That's where the GGs are also. Just thought you might remember anything GG.

Deb, checkbook in hand. Waiting for pics.
\:D
Posted By: Jersey Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/01/06 11:30 PM
 Quote:
Hey Jersey, no excuses..be there or be square. We're comin' and fun will reign!
Bob, I REALLY want to be there. I'm doing what I can to rearrange my Saturday. It is possible that I'll make it.

Most of all, I want to fill y'all in on the story I couldn't tell many months back. Well I still can't tell it here, but I can in person. ;\)
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/02/06 04:32 AM
Jersey, that's one of the things I have been looking forward to. But, I completely understand. No pressure, here. If you can make it, that's great. If not, everyone will understand.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/02/06 01:38 PM
How do metreologist keep their job? It went from 60% chance of rain down to 10% chance now back to 40%. We will just have to wait and see.

On another note Phyliss will nayone have a laptop? If not I can bring one I just thought if folks had digitial pictures easier to see this way??
Posted By: Sunil Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/02/06 01:50 PM
Jersey, if you don't go to the meeting, send a video or a letter or something so we can finally hear this story.

You can sign it, "John Doe."
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/02/06 01:55 PM
Greg the forcast I am looking at shows partly cloudy and a high of 48
Posted By: Cary Martin Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/02/06 02:35 PM
Greg,

I will have my laptop with me.

Secondly, Frank, how close is power to the lake bank?

I am loading my truck right now and have the generator sitting here. I need the room since I am bringing product down for a couple of my dealers. MY little S-10 is filling up quickly.
Posted By: Ted Lea FOREVERGREEN Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/02/06 03:18 PM
Cary, let me know if you want me to bring some AirPods if space is tight and that would help as I have the room.Ted
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/02/06 04:06 PM
I will have laptop and digital camera.

Frank
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/02/06 10:27 PM
Cary they have two surface aerators with control box right by shore so I don't think you will need generator for demo. Also Cary I have some tubing if that will help. Thanks Frank for laptop.

current forecast 30% chance of rain and 28-43 for temp. and windy
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/03/06 02:31 AM
I'll also have laptop and digital camera. Will pick Otto up at 6 am, head out to do a consultation, then head to the airport and meet Dave D. Will arrive in Atlanta around 5ish, get a car and head that way.
Posted By: Bill Duggan Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/03/06 12:35 PM
Peanuts started soaking at 6:00 AM. I'm fired up about this
Posted By: ewest Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/03/06 01:30 PM
On my way to jaw-ja --I think thats a line in a song \:D
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/03/06 02:10 PM
Packing the car now and heading out at noon.

It is gonna be cold (for Georgia) high temps only in mid 40's. Maybe Duggan's boiled peanuts will warm us up!

See y'all soon.

Frank
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/03/06 03:37 PM
I will see you fellas shortly. I'm headin out to delivery trout to the mtns. I will not bring shock boat. Lake Sovereign is very muddy after the rain and that along with temps makes it rather hard to net up fish.
Posted By: Frank Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/03/06 04:45 PM
Greg

That's too bad that the shock boat won't make it to the meeting.((

See ya shortly

Frank
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/03/06 06:39 PM
Heading out the door ... Hope all have a safe trip!
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Posted By: Jersey Re: Meeting in Georgia - 02/04/06 12:39 AM
I'll be there! \:D
© Pond Boss Forum