Pond Boss
Posted By: bowtiebubba Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/05/05 12:11 PM
Im going to put a few crappie in my pond this fall, but have no idea who sells them in Missouri. Anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks guys
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/05/05 12:22 PM
Contact your Department of Conservation. They have a list of private suppliers. I'm sure they have a website too if you do a search.
Posted By: Gainesjs Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/05/05 12:47 PM
Bowtiebubba- The Mo. dept of conservation has a very good website full of info for private pond owners. They also have a list of Missouri commercial fish producers. Looks like the your best bet for Crappie is Curryville Fisheries in Pike county @ 573/324-2285.
Posted By: Gainesjs Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/05/05 01:05 PM
It may be easier for you to pull some crappie out of Mark Twain Lake. I am headed up to the lake this weekend for a whitetail bowhunt and some fishing. That lake is full of stunted crappie!
Posted By: bowtiebubba Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/05/05 03:10 PM
Thanks guys. I am wanting to get just black crappie.
Gainesjs What part of mark twain lake are you going to, i live at the entrance to indian creek marina access.
Posted By: Gainesjs Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/05/05 03:33 PM
The Curryville hatchery carries Black crappie - I don't know what type of crappie is common in Mark Twain lake.
I lease a few hundred acres near Paris, Mo on Otter creek, just a couple miles from where it empties into the lake at the hwy 24 bridge - the deer are thick in that area!
We also fish a couple two acre private ponds - one is loaded with crappie. The bass are usually stunted in the pond, but we catch bigger crappie in the private pond than we do in the large public lake.
Posted By: bowtiebubba Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/05/05 10:16 PM
Thanks, i will give the curryville place a call. Mark Twain lake has both black and white crappie, but mostly white.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/06/05 06:11 AM
You might try Jim Kahrs at Osage Catfisheries, also. He is in Osage Beach.
Posted By: Rad Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/06/05 08:34 AM
Wow, Pacific and a beach in Missouri, arg, must be where all of the landlocked pirates hang out, surf on dude.
Posted By: bowtiebubba Re: Where to buy crappie in Missouri - 10/06/05 05:43 PM
Thamks for all the info guys. I have them ordered from the curryville hatchery.
© Pond Boss Forum