Pond Boss
Posted By: yooper674 fish suppliers - 09/28/04 12:45 AM
Hello all,

Just found your site, and WOW! cant believe all the great info here! I hope this question hasn't been asked too many times before, but, do you guys know of any fish suppliers I could go to for my small pond in Michigans Upper Penninsula? I see a lot of them down south, but nothing up by me. Any help appreciated.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: fish suppliers - 09/28/04 01:28 AM
Let me know what species you are looking for and I can get back to you with some references.
Posted By: yooper674 Re: fish suppliers - 09/28/04 01:39 AM
I think Im going go with the hybrid bluegill, bass, and the grass carp......I'd also like to check on the possibility of adding yellow perch but dont know if my conditions are right.......
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: fish suppliers - 09/28/04 02:04 AM
O.k. I'll see what I can find. I do believe grass carp are illegal in Michigan. Also, most likely you will have to get your fish in the spring but I could be wrong. Where in the U.P. are you?
Posted By: yooper674 Re: fish suppliers - 09/28/04 02:11 AM
Just west of Rock, about half way between Marquette and Escananba....at least thats where the pond is, its at my hunting camp.....I live in the Lower Penninsula
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: fish suppliers - 09/28/04 03:01 AM
Yooper, having just found this site, you probably haven't used it to research hybrid bluegill. You might benefit from researching before you stock your pond.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: fish suppliers - 09/29/04 04:59 PM
Yooper,

I have contacted the president of the Michigan Aquaculture Association for a link to a list of Michigan fish suppliers. I will get back to you as soon as I find out. I was surprised a search of the Internet did not come up with anything, and the Michigan DNR site seems to be down right now. Not sure if the list is on there anyway.

Cecil
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: fish suppliers - 09/29/04 05:22 PM
Here you go:

http://www.mda.state.mi.us/industry/animaldata/

Be aware some of this info may have changed and is a little dated.
Posted By: yooper674 Re: fish suppliers - 09/30/04 10:50 PM
Thanks
© Pond Boss Forum