Pond Boss
Posted By: Brad Bortz bumper stickers? - 07/30/03 05:55 AM
O.K. Pond boss, When are the bumper stickers coming out? Talk about CHEAP advertisement, not to mention EXPOSURE!!!!I'll take 10. Everyone I tell about POND BOSS say's "Theres a magazine for pond owners!?" My neighbors are all getting subscriptions, And I'll put a sticker on every vehicle I own.
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: bumper stickers? - 02/04/04 02:37 PM
Brad - I'm in the silk screen printing business in Dallas Tx. I've called Pond Boss and offered bumper stickers , trade out for subscription [ just renewed for 2 years ] or whatever . but never got a response. my father started the business over 50 yrs. ago. we are a quality shop, family owned, and i would love to work something out with the folks at pond boss. Harvey
Posted By: Brad Bortz Re: bumper stickers? - 02/04/04 03:04 PM
I'm glad someone finally responded! I know it's costly to make a few as opposed to 1000's, but I sure would like some if Bob and Mark give you the O.K. I'm sure the copycat laws apply! hahaha Come on Lusk, give Harvey the O.K.
Posted By: Svoberts Re: bumper stickers? - 02/04/04 05:11 PM
I'd buy a couple or so. Maybe not my truck (company vehicle) but definately my tackle box and a couple other items I have around.
Posted By: Captain Jimbo Re: bumper stickers? - 02/05/04 05:06 PM
I'd definitely buy 5 or 6 of those.
Posted By: Brad Bortz Re: bumper stickers? - 02/05/04 05:13 PM
O.K. we've got the ball rooling! Harvey, you need to have another talk with Lusk..........
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: bumper stickers? - 02/06/04 01:11 AM
Attention Bob Lusk , my intention is for Pond Boss to make a profit from selling the bumper stickers. I have no intention , and will not design and sell or trade these to any one but Pond Boss.I would like this to be the old fashion way . BARTER ! for subscription to mag . how about it ? or however you would like to handle it . I would love to have some myself ! Forgot to mention we can produce the art or you can furnish it on a disk . all of our art is computer generated , and we have auto 6 - color screen printing presses that will print sizes from as big as 5'x10' down to the smallest sizes on allmost any matereal. solid colors or $ color process . I love the magazine and the web site and want to see it grow ! Harvey
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: bumper stickers? - 02/06/04 01:15 AM
Oops not $ process #@*"#@* - 4 color process
Posted By: Brad Bortz Re: bumper stickers? - 02/10/04 04:04 PM
Harvey, have you heard from anyone at pond boss yet?
Posted By: David Reed Re: bumper stickers? - 02/10/04 04:13 PM
What we should do to help Pond Boss out is start
a topic on this board for suggestion as to what the bumper sticker could say. It would be fun to see what creative minds come up with.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: bumper stickers? - 02/10/04 07:47 PM
Harvey,
Send me a personal e-mail with details, prices, quantities, that sort of thing.
Everyone else, think of a short catchy slogan. We'll see where this goes.
Lusk
Posted By: Bob Koerber Re: bumper stickers? - 02/10/04 09:28 PM
All right Bob! Our hero.

How about using the forum header and after "Ask The Boss..." add "Be The Boss..."
Posted By: TyW33 Re: bumper stickers? - 02/10/04 10:02 PM
I'd take one or two in a heart beat.

How about,
"Follow this Boss to Great Fising!
PondBoss Magazine"
or

"Pond Boss Magazine, Be Your Own Boss"
Posted By: Svoberts Re: bumper stickers? - 02/10/04 10:07 PM
POND BOSS...
Befriend a fish...build a pond
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 12:27 AM
Svoberts, if not the top one, that'll be in the top five.
Here's one of obviously lesser quality.
Pond Boss Magazine
Fish need knowledge
Posted By: Ric Swaim Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 01:03 AM
Pond Boss Magazine
"Helping you Help your Fish"
Posted By: Wood Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 03:04 AM
Pond Boss Magazine
Your pond think tank.
Dedicated to managing private waters. (From the mag cover)
Posted By: Bob Koerber Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 03:29 AM
Or for our Northern bubbas like Wood:

Drop a worm off the ice shelf and be the Boss of a cold bass!

lol caught a couple last weekend down here in Bama.

Bob
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 03:36 AM
How about:

Pond Boss Magazine
We do it with Fish!

Or

Pond Box Magazine
Education for Pond Owners
Posted By: Chris Shrader Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 03:59 AM
Cecil those are great ones!

Pond Boss Magazines
When you want bigger fish to fry!

Pond Boss
Where Size Does Matter

Lol those are silly but oh well

Triton
Posted By: Brad Bortz Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 04:50 PM
Good luck figuring out which slogan to use Bob, They all sound great to me! Here's a few more to ponder: HELPING POND OWNERS AROUND THE WORLD! or A HEALTHY POND IS A PRODUCTIVE POND! or CHECK US OUT, YOUR FISH WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT! I can't wait to see where this goes, hell, I may even buy 100! Keep'em coming pondmeisters, let the creativity flow!!!
Posted By: David Reed Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 07:13 PM
I think the fish logo on this site with the red hat is a must. Plus I like the smaller round stickers like Texas Trophy Hunters has better than a long rectangle. I see these stickers up and down interstate everyday traveling back and forth to Dallas.
Posted By: Bob Koerber Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 07:41 PM
That's what I said David we have to use the forum header.
Posted By: Svoberts Re: bumper stickers? - 02/11/04 09:03 PM
So when are we going to design the T-shirts? Even Polo shirts! Imagine working on your pond wearing your very own Pond Boss T-shirt, with the Lunker Bob or Lunker Louie (name for fish logo? feel free to come up with something better! \:D ) emblem on the front right and a logo on the back (something like what we come up with for the bumper sticker.)

The Polo of course would just have:

Pond Boss

(Image of Lunker Louie)

Magazine

With or without the "Magazine"
Posted By: Toby Davis Re: bumper stickers? - 02/12/04 09:05 PM
Pond Boss Magazine
A pond without fish is a puddle
Posted By: Toby Davis Re: bumper stickers? - 02/12/04 09:07 PM
Pond Boss Magazine
If you like your pond you'll love us
Posted By: Toby Davis Re: bumper stickers? - 02/12/04 09:23 PM
Pond Boss Magazine
Is aint just fish wrap
Posted By: Nick Smith Re: bumper stickers? - 02/13/04 03:18 AM
Good advertisement needs to let the reader know what it is promoting. So I like the ones that would lead pond owners to explore the site.

PondBoss.com - Grow your own lunker.
Pondboss.com - Read, learn, fish.
Pondboss.com - The Pond Managers ____.

fill in the blank with: tool, or website, or whatever.
Posted By: ilovefishingmark Re: bumper stickers? - 02/13/04 03:33 AM
great suggestions everyone. i can't remember who said it on this site months and months ago...but i'll give the credit to that person...but he (or she..politically correct) said "my pond is my refuge". i must agree.

what comes to my mind is something similar to what i do (jokingly)...is a guy on a t shirt holding up ..say on the front of the shirt the pond boss logo and some guy (i.e. bob lusk et al) holding up a wallet with a SMALL pic dangling from the wallet... of his wife or family or whatever, then on the back, a pic of the same guy holding up a wallet with about 20 pics dangling from the wallet and off his arm of a bunch of pond pics and fish! mark
Posted By: Chris Shrader Re: bumper stickers? - 02/13/04 11:58 AM
you could just use what the magazine says...

Pond Boss
Dedicated to Managing Private Waters
Posted By: Captain Jimbo Re: bumper stickers? - 02/13/04 04:15 PM
If you guys need polo shirts, or tshirts, or trucker hats, pond boss should use the site, http://www.cafepress.com/. You sign up for an account there, and they have all the blank apparel, eg. tshirts, and you merely upload an image of what you want to appear on the piece of apparel. Simple as that, you set the prices, and you get a free mini site within the site so people can browse and purchase safely and securely with credit cards. Accounts are free too, for the basic ones at least. Here is an example of the iceshanty.com cafe express apparel shop. Cool stuff: http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=iceshanty#apparel

I think this stuff would sell like hot cakes.
Posted By: jbrockey Re: bumper stickers? - 02/15/04 02:58 AM
Scott wants a bumber sticker that reads: Pond Boss Kicks Bass

I want a polo shirt and a sweatshirt. JB
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: bumper stickers? - 02/17/04 01:36 AM
Have E-Mailed Bob with prices and terms for the bumper stickers , and am waiting for response . Harvey
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: bumper stickers? - 02/18/04 10:02 PM
I'm pondering all these creative thoughts. We will do the stickers, but I gotta couple things to take care of, first.
Posted By: zhkent Re: bumper stickers? - 03/26/04 03:33 AM
My Pond or Yours

Got Pond?
or;

Pond Boss Magazine
When Nature Calls
or;

Live On The Edge,
Of a Pond
or;

Pond Boss
Relax, Have A Pond
Posted By: rmedgar Re: bumper stickers? - 03/26/04 03:42 AM
how about
"the POND, home of the happy hooker"
Posted By: TyW33 Re: bumper stickers? - 03/26/04 04:01 AM
The "Happy hooker" is also the name of a fishing boat that used to operate on Lake Superior.
Posted By: Canis Re: bumper stickers? - 03/27/04 08:20 AM
How about, "Dry land sucks"? then again, I think mud sucks too.
© Pond Boss Forum