Pond Boss
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Is it just me having this problem? - 09/26/02 10:14 PM
It used to be on this site(at least I think so) that when I logged off, and them came back the logs ons that appeared had been posted after I logged off. Recently when I come back the log ons are mostly old posts even though the indicator says they are not.

Not complaining -- just asking.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 09/27/02 12:22 AM
I also have a question... When I open the forum, sometimes it recognizes me and I do not have to log on w/ may name or password. Other times I have to log on w/ name and password. Why the inconsistancy
Posted By: Bill Morris Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 09/27/02 01:09 AM
I have the same problem. Sometimes when I enter my login name my password comes up, other times not.

BMorris
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 09/27/02 01:17 AM
Hey guys,

I've got that problem too!
Posted By: Pottsy Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 09/27/02 02:53 AM
HEY!!! Now we're talking! Questions I might be able to answer!

FIRST: Go to your profile page for pondboss and click on the two links at the top with the following names:
Update New Post Indicators &
Delete All Cookies Set by This Forum

Log out and then back in to the site.

This will start you fresh, and if it doesn't work, look into the notes below:

1) Are you entering the site exactly the same way each time? (i.e. going to the same link, favorite listing, or typing it in the same each time?)
2) Do you have your internet browser configured to allow per session and saved cookies? (For those who don't know, a cookie is a small file that is saved on your computer to allow it to remember websites, usernames passwords, etc. for the next time you go to a site)
3) Are you deleting your temporary internet files or cookies between the times you are logging on to the site?
4) Do you have your computer operating system set up to allow password completion?
5) Do you have your browser configured to automatically delete temporary internet files every time you shut down the browser?
6) Is the browser configured to check for new version of pages every time you go to a page, automatically, every time you start it, , never?
7)How long is the browser configured to store 'History' files... pages you have been recently?

Some times it just comes down to who you use as an internet provider and whether the server you are going to can recognize or validate your computers IP address.

Ah... computers... gotta love 'em.
Posted By: Bob Koerber Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 09/27/02 01:18 PM
You will also notice this problem if you log on from different computers such as home and we would never do it but from work! Bob at work.
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 09/27/02 01:32 PM
I had the problem but created it myself. I deleted all cookies and then set the Internet Options security level so high that Pond Boss couldn't set the needed cookie. I lowered the security level and it started recognizing me again.
Posted By: Pottsy Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 09/27/02 02:37 PM
Yep, those are both very valid reasons for the above noted "issues"...

As with you Bob, I certainly would NEVER access the site from work. : ) Ok gotta go.. late for a meeting... I mean late for housework.. ya that's the ticket.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 10/01/02 01:42 AM
Pottsy - Thanks for explaining the workings of the software. Helpfull.
Posted By: Pottsy Re: Is it just me having this problem? - 10/01/02 05:38 AM
No problem, hopefully my post made sense.
Browsers? User names? Passwords? Cookies?

(Palm to bald forehead) Sheesh, what's this pond world coming to?

Mark McDonald
Editor, Pond Boss
© Pond Boss Forum