Pond Boss
Posted By: Flatlander Maine is Cold!!! - 09/07/02 09:03 PM
Now that I know how to post pictures, I could not resist this picture of my house from the winter of 2000.

I'm a Mississippi boy and this is tough medicine. I think the picture was from around February.

My wife is from Davis Ca. but she loves this stuff. I hope I escape back to Mississippi in the next couple of year.

gw
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Maine is Cold!!! - 09/08/02 01:24 AM
So what type of job brings you to Maine? I live in Indiana and I'd rather live in Maine, but to each his own.
Posted By: Flatlander Re: Maine is Cold!!! - 09/08/02 04:09 PM
If you come to Maine get ready to be taxed lavishly.

To be honest, I like Maine. I have a great old antique cape farmhouse. The wife and I hike and cross-country ski and I fish all summer. The beach is a 40-minute drive. The mountains are a 40-minute drive. I guess we have a nice life style overall.

gw
Posted By: Flatlander Re: Maine is Cold!!! - 09/08/02 04:11 PM
Sorry I use Word to spell check and I left off the answer to your question which was:

I work in the paper industry. Lots of trees in Maine, so the paper mills.
Posted By: Bill Morris Re: Maine is Cold!!! - 09/09/02 03:05 AM
Flatlander, being a homebuilder I appreciate your home picture. Looks cold there though especially for a Texas boy.

While I build primarily modern style homes, I love the farmhouse. My wife and I moved to our property 8 years ago now and we designed our home like an old farm house and we love it. Never could have a pond in the Houston suburb subdivisions.
BMorris
© Pond Boss Forum