Pond Boss
Posted By: anthropic Rain!!! - 10/29/22 03:03 AM
Two inches so far, would like two more but I'll take what I can get.

How are my PB east Texas bros doing?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Rain!!! - 10/29/22 11:19 AM
Not E Tex but 90 miles North of Fort Worth I got 2.9 inches of badly needed rain.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Rain!!! - 10/29/22 01:39 PM
1-1/2” first rain in 4 months
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Rain!!! - 10/29/22 04:16 PM
BTW, that 2.9 came over 3 days.
Posted By: gehajake Re: Rain!!! - 10/31/22 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1

Did any of that rain make it to your ponds? we got several inches here over the last week but very little of it made it to the ponds, most of it got sopped up by the dry ground, but that was necessary too.
Hang in there guys, the rainy season is ahead of us, hopefully our ponds will fully replenish and be full by spring time. A little rain dance couldn't hurt either!
Posted By: Flame Re: Rain!!! - 10/31/22 12:58 PM
I got 1 and 8/10 is all!! I need a tropical storm!!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Rain!!! - 11/01/22 01:59 PM
I got 2.2 inches and not much discernible change. But, it beats more hot and dry.
Posted By: CrazyCarl Re: Rain!!! - 11/01/22 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by gehajake
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1

Did any of that rain make it to your ponds? we got several inches here over the last week but very little of it made it to the ponds, most of it got sopped up by the dry ground, but that was necessary too.
Hang in there guys, the rainy season is ahead of us, hopefully our ponds will fully replenish and be full by spring time. A little rain dance couldn't hurt either!

We got 3" last week over a day & a half or so & about an inch Sunday night & yesterday. Pond's up about 8" since & we've got about 2' more to go to hit full pool. This summer's drought only dropped the water level about 18", but the last bout of excavation dropped it well over a foot.

I'm actually impressed with how well it's held water over this summer. If it's seeping anywhere, the spring's doing a heck of a job hiding the water loss & if it's not seeping, at least the spring is keep the worst of the evaporation at bay.

We're about to put the whistle in & I'm sure it'll be flowing well before the flowers bloom. Mine drains ~5 acres of pasture/hay & with the spring flowing, it won't take long at all. I'm actually hoping I can get the geotextile cloth down on the intended spawning beds before it comes up much more.

Hope y'all Texas bubbas get the rain yer needing.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Rain!!! - 11/02/22 02:27 AM
Thanks, CC. Glad to hear you are doing relatively well despite the drought.

I think it makes a big difference when you have some constant water inflow, even a trickle like at my place. Total reliance on rainfall puts you in a risky spot during droughts.
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Rain!!! - 11/02/22 02:53 PM
I got 3.25" this past weekend. Ponds came up about a foot. Put the boards in the riser box on the duck pond. It has about 2-2.5' but I need about another foot before it starts spreading out.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Rain!!! - 11/04/22 11:15 AM
Jake, I got some runoff but it was what we call a farmers rain. Slow soaker with not much runoff.
Posted By: RossC Re: Rain!!! - 11/08/22 10:28 PM
We filled and are running through the spillway just a bit. I opened the bottom drain to pull it back down. We'll be running until next July now.
© Pond Boss Forum