Pond Boss
Posted By: Danbob Species? - 05/03/22 03:49 PM
I know it's small, but any guesses on the species? FHM? LMB?

edit: Here's the picture:

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Fry.jpg
Posted By: Sunil Re: Species? - 05/03/22 04:59 PM
I'd guess LMB frye....
Posted By: Danbob Re: Species? - 05/03/22 05:47 PM
Thanks much. They are growing fast and are hanging by a little dock I have, so I'll see if they keep progressing that direction.
Posted By: ewest Re: Species? - 05/03/22 05:48 PM
What is in the pond? FH , BG ?
Posted By: Sunil Re: Species? - 05/03/22 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Danbob
Thanks much. They are growing fast and are hanging by a little dock I have, so I'll see if they keep progressing that direction.

I'm just guessing.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Species? - 05/03/22 06:36 PM
I'm with Sunil - small bass due to body shape. Fry of BG and FHM do not look like that in the picture.
Posted By: Danbob Re: Species? - 05/03/22 07:18 PM
I've stocked HBG, LMB, and CF. I have a few stray GSF and Yellow Belly Bullhead, but I haven't seen any of the bullhead this year, so maybe I've got them all out now. 2 1/2 year old small 1/4 acre pond, but now seeing 1+ lb HBG, 15' CF, and 10-12" LMB
Posted By: jpsdad Re: Species? - 05/03/22 11:14 PM
Say hey Danbob!

I remember now your goal was to grow big HBG. You've done it. Congratulations.

I put my two cents with Sunil. That fry looks just like LMB fry to me when still schooling after leaving the nest.
Posted By: Danbob Re: Species? - 05/09/22 01:22 PM
That's correct. It's a small pond, but the ecosystem is coming along. I hand toss about 20 oz of Cargill Triton and 20 oz of Tractor Supply brand Game Fish food every evening and everything seems to be growing at good speed. I'm now able to take a couple out for the dinner plate.

Attached picture LMB-2.5 years.jpg
Attached picture HBG-2.5years.jpg
Attached picture HBG-2.5years-Last Day.jpg
© Pond Boss Forum