Pond Boss
Its that time again for our group buy of optimal fish food. If we can get a full pallet of 40-48 bags it will be $55/ bag.

Pickup would be at my office in Grand Prairie. Let me know if you are interested.
I won’t be in. I still have some from last year. And, I really haven’t recovered from my hospital time. Still can’t do much like carry bags of feed down a slippery hill to the feeder.
Hope you get to feeling better, Dave. I notice that 50 lb bags seem to get a little heavier every year. Sometimes I think Optimal is better just because their bags are 40 lb!

Chris, in years past we'd get 15 to 20 percent discount for a whole truckload. This year it's more like 4 percent, $55 vs $57, for standard BG feed. Did they explain why?
Prices are going up everywhere. My wife is complaining that milk has doubled and that flour has gone from 1.99 to 2.99 in just a few short months. These are staples and not really discretionary food products so this tells me inflation in our current economic environment is very real. Maybe Optimal is behind the curve on lifting their price. So I wonder if they the can absorb a portion of the difference in the cost of production but just not all of it.
I am in for 10 bags.

Thanks for doing this Chris.

Lance
Originally Posted by anthropic
Hope you get to feeling better, Dave. I notice that 50 lb bags seem to get a little heavier every year. Sometimes I think Optimal is better just because their bags are 40 lb!

Chris, in years past we'd get 15 to 20 percent discount for a whole truckload. This year it's more like 4 percent, $55 vs $57, for standard BG feed. Did they explain why?

I imagine inputs costs are much higher this year.
Originally Posted by jludwig
Originally Posted by anthropic

I imagine inputs costs are much higher this year.

True, and I expected a price hike. Just surprised that the big increase was on a whole truckload rather than individual sacks.
Bump
Chris,
Let me take inventory and get back to you. Do you have a running count yet, ie spoken for vs still available?
Originally Posted by highflyer
Chris,
Let me take inventory and get back to you. Do you have a running count yet, ie spoken for vs still available?

Just the 10 from Tbar as of right now
I’ll have to pass. Looks like the birds got me again.
© Pond Boss Forum