Pond Boss
Posted By: FishinRod Seining Ponds - Good Instructional Video - 09/04/21 05:31 PM
I found this excellent instructional video from Auburn that covers seining.

It is 16 minutes long, and might be slightly dated since it is from 2012.

However, as a non-expert, I found it very informative since it covered all of the proper terminology, lots of "rules of thumb" to optimize pulling your seine, and the reasons for doing it that way.

If any of our experts watch it on a rainy day, then please post further improvements or corrections in the replies.

Good luck with your fish, everyone!

Seining Instructional Video
Posted By: esshup Re: Seining Ponds - Good Instructional Video - 09/04/21 07:56 PM
Good video, you can put a line on top and bottom of the net on both sides with indicators on how long the line is, and can pull on the lines as long as the bottom of the net moves through the water before the top of the net. The faster you move the net the more chance you have of pulling the mud line up off the bottom, allowing the fish to escape under it.

I've seined a pond using a 200' x 10' tall seine all by myself. I made a big circle and then just pulled alternately on each end of the net to get it through the pond. You want the bottom of the seine (mud line) a few feet in front of the top of the net.

You cannot pull a seine too slowly, but you sure can pull it too quickly.
© Pond Boss Forum