Pond Boss
Posted By: TooShort New Pond owner Help - 07/25/21 01:00 AM
Hey everyone, bought a house with an acre ish pond (man made) I noticed a PVC pipe or 2 in the middle of the pond as well as a PVC (4 OR 6") next to the dock with an electric outlet as well. In the shed the breaker is labeled pond / wad or wud or possibly wod. In the pond I see a black PVC pipe ran under the ground and into the pound, possibly from the house, I never thought anything of it until my neighbor mentioned it needing an aerator and it got me to thinking that I should get one.. now I'm looking and trying to figure out if I already have one. Water doesn't have a bunch of algae growing or anything but my neighbor said their dogs stink when they come out of it. I'm just trying to figure out how I can identify if I have one
Posted By: TooShort Re: New Pond owner Help - 07/25/21 01:05 AM
History, the last owner didn't know anything about the place, passed away mid contract. Owner before that was a renowned home builder in the area but also passed away
Posted By: Bobbss Re: New Pond owner Help - 07/25/21 02:44 AM
Welcome to the forum! I'm not a pro but try to find the other end of the black tubing and look for a small air compressor. If you find the other end but the compressor is gone, maybe the tubing can still be used. I guess there is a chance the tubing is connected to a well also. If you can post pictures maybe the pros can help you more.
Posted By: TooShort Re: New Pond owner Help - 07/25/21 05:57 AM
I definitely have a well. That is possible that it's connected to the well. Not sure what for exactly though
Posted By: TooShort Re: New Pond owner Help - 07/25/21 12:54 PM
It's corrugated PVC btw, about 6". I think it has something to do with drainage but I don't know where the other end would be as it's underground. I'll post pics today
Posted By: Bobbss Re: New Pond owner Help - 07/25/21 02:17 PM
That definitely sounds like a drainage pjpe.
© Pond Boss Forum