Pond Boss
By now nearly everyone has had the opportunity to choose to get vaccinated if they prefer.

SO.......Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!

It's time to plan a pondboss get together!

We are replanning our get together from last spring to this September! Most likely the third weekend. With options for the second or forth as the backup.

Things have changed around the pond and I look forward to the questions and sharing some of the successes we have had improving our ponds.
Hope I can make it
Posted By: CityDad Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 07/07/21 03:39 PM
Where is it?
Posted By: highflyer Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 07/07/21 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by CityDad
Where is it?

East Texas!
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 07/08/21 11:26 AM
Cool ! Hope I can make the get-together. Last gathering at your lake was a good time.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 07/09/21 08:47 PM
Tracy, hope to see you there.

This one should be a very good time!

Lots of progress lately, so there is much to talk about.

Good friends, good food and lots of ponds. Time to get together!
Posted By: Flame Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 07/10/21 01:47 AM
Brian, the wife and I will certainly try to make it again!! I still wear my t-shirt from the last one!! Great times!!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 07/10/21 01:59 AM
Theos has this vintage Camaro Rally Sport type ride and he once threatened to drive it to Texas for a PB gathering. He just needed a co-pilot.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/24/21 03:16 AM
Well with Delta around this strong, a gathering is not a good idea right now. So, time to postpone until spring.

Anyone wanting to stop by is welcome, it's just not going to be official for now.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/24/21 01:35 PM
Brian, good decision.
Agreed
Posted By: Beerry2 Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/27/21 03:31 PM
I also wear my previous t-shirt
Posted By: Flame Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/27/21 10:00 PM
Thanks Brian...hopefully we'll be ready when you are! I had a great time at your last one!
Posted By: Zep Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/28/21 02:20 AM
Disappointing, but I agree it's a wise decision. We just cancelled two Fall trips.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/28/21 06:17 AM
Agree with decision. However, based on what I'm seeing out of Israel, unvaxed people who've already have Covid may be safer than vaxed people who have not, like my wife & I. Maybe we'll know more come spring.
Posted By: RAH Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/28/21 10:39 AM
Myth busting: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

"In today’s MMWR, a study of COVID-19 infections in Kentucky among people who were previously infected with SAR-CoV-2 shows that unvaccinated individuals are more than twice as likely to be reinfected with COVID-19 than those who were fully vaccinated after initially contracting the virus."
Thanks for posting that Rah. The truth needs to get out there.... lots of misinformation out there
Posted By: anthropic Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/28/21 04:03 PM
I'd be a little cautious about assuming the Kentucky study is superior, given that the Israeli results were from one hundred times larger population sample. But time will tell!
Posted By: RStringer Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/28/21 05:09 PM
Before any of us get butt hurt let's stop. We all have different opinions and some feel VERY strongly about theirs. Let's try and keep this about wht we all love and that's ponds. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. But someday I do want to get together and meet more of you.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/28/21 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by RStringer
Before any of us get butt hurt let's stop. We all have different opinions and some feel VERY strongly about theirs. Let's try and keep this about wht we all love and that's ponds. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. ...

You beat me to it.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/28/21 09:05 PM
As one who travels the world, Covid is nothing to take lightly. I understand the emotions and agree this is complex.

BUT I agree this place is about our love of our ponds.

Speaking of... Our Tilapia are doing great in the new brood ponds. We started with 3 males and 11 females and took 50- 70 pounds out after nine weeks. Now it's time to seine again! I bet we will see another 40 -60 pounds this time. And when we finally pull all the fish at the end of season, I bet we will get another 50 pounds or more again.

So far we have pulled and saved well over 100 fish for Tilopatopia. They are now all over 5 inches in size. I need a larger swirl/settling tank....

The rest of the Tilapia went to the big pond and are on the algae eating team. They are winning!
Wow Brian that is great. When I put 50# got no reproduction that I could see just large males, being retired couldn’t do that again now lots of FA and nuttin to eat it
Posted By: highflyer Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 08/30/21 03:09 AM
Pat,

Next weekend we are going to seine again. I'll post the results. I expect great results.

Also, Brood pond number 5 get Tilapia as it is finally ready for some fish. I expect one good seining by the end of Oct.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Its time to get together (finally) - 09/18/21 03:03 PM
Well we did seine again two weeks ago, and it was a success again. We got hundreds more Tilapia out of New Verteron City. We kept another fifty or so for the 1000 gallon tank, We kept another sixty or so for the 300 gallon tank, and we took another 30 for the 50 gallon aquarium. After all that, we tossed another fifteen to twenty pounds of one to two inch Tilapia into the big pond. It has been more work than I figured, but it has been wort it. The best part is there are still a LOT of Tilapia left int the pond for the final seining. Last night we saw yet another size class or two showing up for food. They were very small, but looked healthy. They would have put on a heck of a show if we had the gathering today.

All in all, we have done a lot of upgrades here and it has all been a labor of love. Our ponds are getting better, and so is our water. As time marched on closer and closer to retirement, I know what I will be spending some of my quality time on. I can't wait for this to be over so we can again invite our pondboss friends to come share ideas, food and fun. It's been too long.
© Pond Boss Forum