Pond Boss
Posted By: anthropic Rain reigns! - 01/01/21 01:10 AM
Got 4.2 inches thus far and the rain hasn't stopped. My pond has good watershed so water wasn't real low to begin with, but still encouraging. Forage pond has been filling steadily for a month, this should put it near full pool.

I know some of my fellow pondmeisters in this neck of the woods have needed rain, hope you got enough. Looks like severe cold snap coming, if you still have TP that might come to an end.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Rain reigns! - 01/01/21 01:31 AM
We're full. Big pond was 2' down, and now we're about 4" from hitting the emergency spillway. We got right at 5.5", and it's been 2 miserable days here. Nonstop rain with 15-25 mph northerly winds make for great Netflix afternoons.
Posted By: esshup Re: Rain reigns! - 01/01/21 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
We're full. Big pond was 2' down, and now we're about 4" from hitting the emergency spillway. We got right at 5.5", and it's been 2 miserable days here. Nonstop rain with 15-25 mph northerly winds make for great Netflix afternoons.

What?? You haven't been running the wood burner to see how well it works??
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Rain reigns! - 01/01/21 12:50 PM
I did not. We have an infrared heater in the goat shed, so I did spend some time out there. I'll fire up the shop's wood stove this morning.

Man, I'll be glad when we get back to triple digit temps.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Rain reigns! - 01/01/21 12:59 PM
I'm running out the syphon pipe as well. I think this year will be a good year for flushing.
Posted By: Flame Re: Rain reigns! - 01/01/21 04:10 PM
I got 5 3/4 inch rain and pond is still about 10 inch low but...What an improvement and great way to start the new year!!
Posted By: gehajake Re: Rain reigns! - 01/01/21 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
I did not. We have an infrared heater in the goat shed, so I did spend some time out there. I'll fire up the shop's wood stove this morning.

Man, I'll be glad when we get back to triple digit temps.
Here in central MO we are, and have been, way colder then you are there, but Im right with you, it doesn,t take much of this crap to make triple digits seem way more appealing.
We didn't get much rain but had a little coating of ice over nite. that doesn't help much either, but a little of it is pretty for an hr or two. I'd rather had snow tho.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Rain reigns! - 01/01/21 06:36 PM
What rain you Texas pondmeisters didn't get yesterday is up here now and freezing.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Rain reigns! - 01/02/21 02:20 AM
I wound up with 2 inches
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Rain reigns! - 01/02/21 01:26 PM
6" rain guage was full. Pond, not so sure since i have not been out of the house for more than to let the dogs out. I spent the time watching you tube winter fishing tips. I have been winter fishing alot this year.
Posted By: Augie Re: Rain reigns! - 01/04/21 01:31 PM
I don't much care for ice and snow, but I am happy to see this dry spell break. My pond has come up ~5" since last week. Probably get another 1"-2" rise by the time all of the frozen stuff finishes melting.

I'm sure not looking forward to cleaning up all of the busted tree mess.
© Pond Boss Forum