Pond Boss
Posted By: RAH Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/28/20 10:08 PM
I have learned so much from the generous members of this community and want to thank everyone for their helpfulness as we are about to enter a new year, THANK YOU!!!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/28/20 11:51 PM
Me too
Posted By: gehajake Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 12:45 AM
Me three.
Posted By: Zep Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 02:08 AM
Great free advice from nice, smart folks is very hard to beat.
Posted By: Bobbss Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 03:12 AM
Besides all of the great information I've learned, I can't begin to count all the hours entertainment. Thanks Pond Boss!
Posted By: dayan Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 07:19 AM
me too RAH.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 10:52 AM
Yep, me too for not only the info shared but the friendships i have also made and the new ones i hope to make. Good thread
RAH
Posted By: Augie Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 02:50 PM
Hear, hear!

I've learned more about ponds and fish and water in the last two years than I'd put together in the 55 that came before.

Love this place.
Posted By: Kasmir Ranch Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 03:02 PM
I agree...this forum is addicting!...Iโ€™ve leaned so much!
Thank you
SkipThorn
Posted By: Quarter Acre Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 04:04 PM
I've frequented a handful of forums that relate to my hobbies and Pond Boss has, by FAR, the best members with the most couth, patience, maturity, intellect, understanding, and, most importantly, the least amount of drama.

It's truly a great place! Thanks to all.
Posted By: RStringer Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 04:43 PM
Before I joined this site I never knew there was so much that can go into a hole in the ground. Theres a wealth of info on here. I cant say enough about the regulars posters on here. I'm not on any of social media because I dont like drama. I do love a good debate thou. Do appreciate everyone over the last couple years helping with my stupid questions and thoughts. Hope everyone has a wonderful new years. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Posted By: ewest Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/29/20 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by RStringer
. Do appreciate everyone over the last couple years helping with my stupid questions and thoughts. Hope everyone has a wonderful new years. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thank you for being involved ! There are no stupid questions or thoughts - each of us is on a journey learning as we go . We all start at ground zero and move forward from there. Sometimes I look back at my old posts in amazement at how little I knew/understood. I still have a log way to go on this journey.

smile cool
Posted By: jpsdad Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/30/20 05:05 AM
I just isn't possible to contribute more than one takes from here. I ditto the thank you.
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/30/20 01:55 PM
Agreed. I have learned a ton. Went from winter kill every single year for 20 years or more to fish survived the last three winters. Pretty amazing.
Posted By: nbell Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/30/20 06:11 PM
I can't imagine what kind of mess I would have with my pond if i had not found this forum. Thanks to every expert and contributor a thousand times. Everyday after I open my email I open this forum. Then I start my day
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 12/31/20 12:11 AM
Ya know, stocked my first pond about 40 years ago. Over stocked and lost them. Started figuring out what went wrong. Then I met a guy named Lusk who straightened me out on stocking and managing.

Iโ€™m still learning. One thing I learned is that an awful lot of this stuff is regional. Texas is split into various zones but the biggie, for me, is the one that separates East and West Texas. Different soils and rainfall amounts mean different strategies.

Also, Iโ€™m only marginally qualified to judge any thing that goes on in any different regions. Sure, there are some basic things but soils and weather really matter.

The thing Iโ€™m still working on is my rain dance.
Posted By: ewest Re: Thank you to Pond Boss - 01/01/21 02:03 PM
DD1 it looks like you did an ice dance on New Yearโ€™s Eve !
© Pond Boss Forum