Pond Boss
Posted By: Chandler1 What do I do with all these tilapia? - 10/19/20 02:29 PM
I've tried every bait possible and my tilapia just sun on the surface taunting mel! We are having periodic cold fronts so I know they will die soon.

So my question is, what do I do with these fish when they die? Does anybody want to come help me fish out these fish before they die?

Help!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: What do I do with all these tilapia? - 10/19/20 02:57 PM
You've got buzzards and raccoons there, right?
Posted By: Chandler1 Re: What do I do with all these tilapia? - 10/19/20 03:31 PM
Ok. That answers my question. Great Blue Heron party
Posted By: esshup Re: What do I do with all these tilapia? - 10/19/20 04:40 PM
Get a heavy duty spinning rod, and a large treble hook. Practice your casting skills and snag them.
Posted By: Chandler1 Re: What do I do with all these tilapia? - 10/19/20 07:11 PM
Thanks! Great advice.
Posted By: DDD Re: What do I do with all these tilapia? - 10/19/20 09:29 PM
Ours started eating at the feeders mid summer. We have been catching them easily on a 1/8th or 1/16th oz jig head with a piece of brown rubber worm/crawfish about the size of the fish food. We tried a piece of cork. They would hit it, but the hard cork made them miss the hook more often than not.
Try a small brown Stubby Steve on a number 8 hook under a small cork
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: What do I do with all these tilapia? - 10/20/20 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
Try a small brown Stubby Steve on a number 8 hook under a small cork
It may help to chum with some fish food.
© Pond Boss Forum