Pond Boss
Posted By: Spicelanebass Creating a Lake Budget - 12/03/19 05:25 PM
For those that might be part of an HOA or small community that manages a lake is there some formula that dictates how much you should allocate/acre of water each year. This would include annual stocking, algae treatments, habitat placement, bluegill feed, shoreline repairs, aeration repairs etc. I manage a 70 acre HOA lake and it always seems that our budget of $27,000 is just not enough, thanks.
Posted By: Snipe Re: Creating a Lake Budget - 12/03/19 05:57 PM
Here's the figure used for State purposes for Total cost sets per acre over 10 acres.
3,000 per acre.
Keep in mind this includes fall nets and April/May electrofishing efforts, so if you're going to have professional management use then this may be realistic.
Posted By: Spicelanebass Re: Creating a Lake Budget - 12/03/19 06:39 PM
Snipe, Is there someplace I could see that like on a DNR website or something used for what State Purposes...….
Posted By: Snipe Re: Creating a Lake Budget - 12/03/19 06:56 PM
This is the figure that the State of KS uses internally for budgeting purposes. It's not posted any place that I'm aware of.
They have to use some number for P&M reports and try and stay within those numbers.
Used heavily on community lakes that have put n take on a regular basis.
EDIT: I'll tell ya point blank this figure is going to differ wildly among states mainly because of the differences in management practices and what a given state's hatcheries are capable of and the amount of hands-on they actually do.
Posted By: Snipe Re: Creating a Lake Budget - 12/03/19 07:34 PM
Your goals for a HOA impoundment are going to be closely related to how you set your goals. 27k for 70 acres is going to be a limiting factor. Can you share some about species, limits, number of anglers, etc???
© Pond Boss Forum