Pond Boss
Posted By: NEDOC Seine Net to adjust fish population........ - 07/17/18 11:44 AM
Here I put a video together to show how we use a seine set in front of one of our feeders to adjust our fish population. In this case, I've been removing my common carp and channel cats. I usually 'repurpose' them by cutting them into pieces and feeding my blue cats. Fortunately, I've gone from 6" of water clarity to 11.5" of clarity over the last year. So I think it's paying off. In the video below you can tell the guys on the left of the screen lost us a good portion of our haul as they allowed the net to twist and the bottom weighted line to lift toward the end of the pull. That was probably my fault as I'm usually in that position. Either way, I think this video helps understand how we do it. Some advice for smaller pond owners would be to buy a smaller net with larger mesh. Ours is 100'x10' and very difficult to manage without several guys. In the first video you can tell our catch wasn't great due to the twisting. But I will attach a second video showing how it looks when we have a good haul.

Here we are sorting fish after a good haul. I believe we pulled out nearly 225 undesireable fish.

If I had a crew available like that...I'd feel like a king! Your efforts look like a lot of fun and the boys sure enjoy it. Your very blessed NEDOC.
I am pretty fortunate. I’ve got a handful of young high schoolers that love to help and fish out at my place. But they’re sworn to secrecy about what they catch and where they fish.
Very cool NEDOC, thanks for posting the videos.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Seine Net to adjust fish population........ - 07/18/18 11:29 AM
Looked like a WIN, Win. Kids had fun and you got er done!
Nice work and great vids.
© Pond Boss Forum