Pond Boss
Its a new year and the fish are hungry. Last year I organized a group by for the guys here on the forum and want to do it again.

Prices for a 24 bag half pallet are $40/bag or $36/bag for a 48 bag full pallet. That price is for the BG food.

If you would like some feed let me know. Food is available for pickup in Grand Prairie or I can meet people nearby if it is not too far away.
I need 6.
I'll do 20 bags, maybe a few more if needed to get to a full pallet, or less if others need a few more.
That's a half pallet right there. Lets give it a few days to see if anybody else needs some. We need 17 more for a whole pallet.

Dave-6
Brain-20
Me-5

Are you guys able to keep food fresh for a year? Brand new at this, I'm too far away to help, just curious.
I spoke with Optimal and their food has a shelf life over a year, but they always keep low inventory so what they ship out is always fresh. Only reason to order a years worth is to save money on shipping, thus cost per bag. 1 bag is $50, where ordering a pallet reduces it to $36/bag. If you are ordering a few bags a year, it doesn't really matter and no need to have a lot of extra bags laying around, but if you are ordering 20, 30 or more it can be a big factor.
5-6 months shouldn't be a problem if you keep it cool. I have about 6 bags left over from last fall and it looks fine.
I'll take 6 Chris.
Thanks Brian.

11 to go.
Chris, I'll take 3 bags.
Got it.

I'm going to go ahead and place the order for a whole pallet. If anybody else wants some food let me know.
The food should be here next friday. There are still 8-13 bags available.
Food will be here Monday.
Food is here. I'll send everybody a PM with my address and contact info.
Hey Chris,

How many times a year do y'all order?
Last year I think we ordered twice but we didn't place our first order until June. I imagine this year it will be 3-4 times at least.
Thank you for the info. My sack of Cargill is approx 1/2 gone. I figure it will last about another month and then I will need to decide my next move.
Picked mine up last week. Thanks Youngblood for doing it!
Originally Posted By: Chris Steelman
Food is here. I'll send everybody a PM with my address and contact info.

Chris, if you still have some bags left, and will be in the Longview, Marshall, or Shreveport area at some point, I'll take up to 8.

Frank
Since Frank wants 8 bags we can start working on another half or full pallet.

If anybody wants some food let me know.

Chris, if it helps I can go up to 12 bags of Optimal BG food. Eight is my minimum order.
Ok.

Then we only need 12 bags for a half pallet.
Anybody interested in getting another order going? Highflyer wants 2-4 bags. I don't know how many i need but I get get 2-3 if needed.

If you are interested let me know.
I could go for six. These are Optimal BG feed, right?
Yes optimal BG.

12 are spoken for. Need 12 more to place an order.
I could go up to 10 bags, Chris. Six is minimum.
Any interest in another order? Got one person looking for 3 bags right now.
Chris,
I guess I'm the only one interested in 3-5 bags. :o)
© Pond Boss Forum