Pond Boss
Posted By: DonoBBD Corkscrew eelgrass source? - 06/11/16 03:57 PM
I have found a source for corkscrew eel grass that will ship to Canada for me.

Is $1 per plant a good price for the plants and two day shipping?

The area that I would like to start this on is in 2-8 feet of water and pea stone mix bottom. The area is about 20X80.

Cheers Don.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Corkscrew eelgrass source? - 06/11/16 07:32 PM
Don - If you can get corkscrew eelgrass to grow and then over winter in a pond in Canada you are a extremely talented gardener, lucky, and very fortunate. Corkscrew eg. is more of a warm water plant and struggles in winter conditions north of the Ohio River. Plus then I would like to get the name of the supplier of those plants. Keep us advised about your progress.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Corkscrew eelgrass source? - 06/12/16 09:53 PM
Ok.... ahh what plants should I plant in my pond other than the lilys we have now?

Sago has showed up and if it is fine and not to evasive I will add it.

I can get locally Cabomba, Elodea, and Hornwort.

I guess that is why there is only Florida suppliers for the corkscrew eel grass.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Corkscrew eelgrass source? - 06/13/16 12:12 AM
Stay far away from Cabomba, Elodea and Hornwort. Try some corkscrew eelgrass. You may be able to get some tolerant variants in the order to survive the winter. Get them well established in tubs with good soil so you can monitor there regrowth next spring. I have had it survive under ice cover.
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Corkscrew eelgrass source? - 06/13/16 01:35 PM
Where I want to plant it I run my shallow aeration station in the winter. Will this help or kill it off being so cold.

Cheers Don.
© Pond Boss Forum