Pond Boss
Purina dropped the ball y'all. But there are alternatives:

Cargill makes a high protein line of fish food called "Triton". I have been using Cargill feed for a decade on my fish farm.

I can ship Cargill 1/8" and/or 1/4" 45% protein, 12% fat diet anywhere in the country, and it is a higher quality product than the Purina Aquamax anyway. Flat rate shipping per bag is $20 via Fedex. Shipping discounts are available for larger orders shipped on pallets. Cost is $39 per 50lb bag.

Also I am taking contact info for anybody interested in getting a larger pellet similar to the Purina Largemouth diet. If you are interested then please send private msg or email to todd@overtoncentral.com When we get enough orders for large pellets we will have Cargill make the product.
Posted By: esshup Re: Purina Aquamax Supply Problem Solved - 05/21/15 08:44 PM
Todd, is the cost of $39/bag with or without shipping?
I'm pretty sure its $39/bag. Shipping would be on top of that.
$39 plus shipping
Posted By: stickem' Re: Purina Aquamax Supply Problem Solved - 05/22/15 06:35 PM
I've been using the Cargill 4512 since last September, in 1/8" and 1/4" pellet sizes. I've even mixed the (2) sizes in some instances. I started out with ~2" CNBG. The CNBG that I caught fishing last weekend measure 6 1/2" long on average. Pretty substantial growth for feeding from Sept to Nov for 5 sec., once daily. Then picked the feeding back up this late March feeding 5 sec. twice daily. I think I've acquired some pretty substantial growth within a short period of time throwing a minimum amount of pellets.
Charlie
Ditto on the 4512 Cargill, Charlie same results here also.
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Purina Aquamax Supply Problem Solved - 05/23/15 02:28 PM
Walt @ Overtons help me get 20 sks delivered to the farm last month.
I would have ordered a whole pallet but this was my first time to have it delivered and so I wanted to see how things like the delivery and storage worked out. I will order a full pallet next time. My thanks goes out to the Overtons for always being the Best @ their job.

Tracy
© Pond Boss Forum