Pond Boss
Posted By: mnfish Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/19/15 10:25 PM
My top ten reasons I'm glad I couldn't go to Pond Boss VI:

10. Learning more about fish and fish habitat from the nations best is way overrated
9. I don't need any more friends. I have a total of 1 already
8. Liquid water is just messy. Solid 16" of it is wayyy better
7. I never need a break from listening to clients complain
6. Pack boots are 10x more fashionable than flip flops
5. Black bullheads need no management strategy
4. Highflyers solar stuff isn't really that cool
3. Typing on a fish forum is better than participating in fishing tourney
2. There are so many outdoor activities to enjoy at -10F

And my number one reason I'm glad I'm not in Texas right now...

Gives me more time to sit on my couch drinking adult beverages, typing on fish forums, wishing I was at the Pond Boss IV convention. cry
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/19/15 10:35 PM
Haha.

11. Won't have to worry about being placed on the "No Fly List" after TJ blows all the windows out of the north side of the Hilton.

12. Won't have to listen to lecture on Acute Alcohol Toxicity from ER doc after Sunil's second visit in two days.

13. Condello is going to be in Nashville next week anyway.

14. Sparkie would "gift" me some HBG if he knew I was in Texas.

15. I catch 9lb LMB ALL THE TIME.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/19/15 11:33 PM
Wait....yolk's NOT in Texas??
Posted By: bcotton Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 12:00 AM
Well you could live 20 mins away and still not be there. So there's that

brian
Posted By: Yolk Sac Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Wait....yolk's NOT in Texas??

Quit messing with your phone, Sparkie, and move about 2 steps to the right, out from behind that big oak tree with the dent in it from when Rex was visiting. Parallax is set for 200 yards and I'm not taking any chances on winging you this late in the day.
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 12:21 AM
I thought the last rays of the sun glinted off something in that second story window. Just so you know, I'm wearing explosive arm floaties of my own design, filled with F2 HBG fry....if I go down, they rupture and release their contents.

Dent? That's modest of you. Fortunately, when the oak finally succumbs to its injury you will have a ready-made dugout canoe at your disposal.
Posted By: John Wann Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 12:28 AM
I brought those bottle rockets and Firecrackers. Guess I should finish this beer and go to icebreaker.
Posted By: JKB Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 01:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
11. Won't have to worry about being placed on the "No Fly List" after TJ blows all the windows out of the north side of the Hilton.

I think he's becoming more discrete, so don't shake his hand if he's wearing long sleeves and has a ring on his finger wink
Posted By: mnfish Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 01:54 AM
Originally Posted By: bcotton
Well you could live 20 mins away and still not be there. So there's that

brian

OUCH!
Posted By: mnfish Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 02:00 AM
Originally Posted By: John Wann
I brought those bottle rockets and Firecrackers. Guess I should finish this beer and go to icebreaker.

Explosives, alchohl, and pond management discussions...that doesn't sound like fun at all! Once again, so glad I'm not there.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 02:12 AM
Does the Hilton have a fountain? Wonderful things happen when you casually slip a bottle of dishwashing soap into a fountain. The more alcohol involved, the more wonderful the experience becomes! smile
Posted By: JKB Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 02:43 AM
Originally Posted By: mnfish
Originally Posted By: John Wann

Explosives, alchohl, and pond management discussions...that doesn't sound like fun at all! Once again, so glad I'm not there.

If you have ever been to a local PB, like at esshups gig, no worries. Really cool, and no one toasted. Well, chopper landing marks wink

If you are worried about the $500.00, kick my heart to start? Don't worry. It was before the rules came out.

I am quite sure no one would hold you to that.
Posted By: JKB Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 03:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Does the Hilton have a fountain? Wonderful things happen when you casually slip a bottle of dishwashing soap into a fountain. The more alcohol involved, the more wonderful the experience becomes! smile

Obviously, the Purple and Orange Enhanced it a tad. Don't cook the Mushrooms wink
Posted By: esshup Re: Top 10 Reasons I'm Glad I Couldn't go - 02/20/15 04:23 AM
I can see the bottle rockets being used tomorrow morning to chase the 2 pair of mallards off the outdoor pool.........

and yes, it's still in it's liquid state!
© Pond Boss Forum