Pond Boss
Posted By: Bruce Condello Exasperated! - 12/27/14 09:17 PM
So I just got a brand-new computer and everything about it is absolutely awesome. It is lightning fast and it has all sorts of cool bells and whistles. I love it. Only one problem. I can't stay on pond boss forum without getting kicked off. For some reason, the pond boss forum is the only one that I have any problems with and it is continual and frustrating. Has anybody come up with a solution for this goofy problem? I remember the thing about deleting your cookies but this is a new computer so how can I have any problems with the cookies?
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Exasperated! - 12/27/14 09:20 PM
Made in china

Pat
Posted By: Shorty Re: Exasperated! - 12/27/14 10:06 PM
What browser are you using?
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Exasperated! - 12/27/14 10:16 PM
Bruce? Bruce? Are you there? Bruce?

We lost 'em.

grin
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Exasperated! - 12/27/14 11:35 PM
Running Linux on an old computer is good. cool
Posted By: Zep Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 01:43 AM
Dr. Condello.....the exact same thing happens to me on PondBoss
whenever I use Explorer & never happens when I use Google Chrome browser.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 02:48 AM
Explorer. I can only get on with my phone. My computer will not let me access Pomd Boss Forums.
Posted By: Zep Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 03:05 AM
Download Google Chrome and see what happens.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 03:19 AM
Then add adblock plus to Chrome.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 03:34 AM
Just wondering.....but why should this have to be a calculus test?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 03:36 AM
None of my other sites do this.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 03:36 AM
Just Pond Boss.
Posted By: Zep Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 03:43 AM
Yep Bruce....none of my other message boards do it either...only PondBoss but Google Chrome keeps me logged in on PondBoss all the time now.

Shorty I recently had to uninstall AdBlock Plus because YouTube videos all of sudden started showing ads again and other sites too. But once I re-installed it....Ad-Block Plus staarted kicking tail again. No Ads!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 03:48 AM
Bruce - check in with Dwight about this problem.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 03:56 AM
We just don't like you anymore Bruce! grin
Posted By: JKB Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
None of my other sites do this.

Only happens when I need to reboot my internet service. I can still log into a number of places except PB and one other site. I just do a reboot and the world is round again.

Not saying that's your issue, just something that happens here.

I have AT&T.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:02 AM
Stupid question....but what does it mean to reboot your internet service?
Posted By: JKB Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:04 AM
Basically reboot my phone and restart the internet service.

Turn it off, then back on.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:04 AM
But I'm not using a phone when I have the problem.
Posted By: JKB Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:07 AM
I just mentioned that's what happens here, pretty much every day.

Didn't know what you were using.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:08 AM
Pond Boss works great on my phone....just terrible on EVERYthing else.
Posted By: esshup Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:12 AM
reboot = give it a kick in the hind end.

Bruce, my Mac loving college roomate friend told me that the problems are because of drinking the Microsoft kool-aid. wink grin

When I'm at the Conference he will be upgrading my desktop. I'll have him make sure that getting on the forum here is not a problem for my computer. I'll let him worry about those things!!

He's getting my laptop in a week or so to do the upgrade on that and I will have the laptop with me while I'm on the road. I'll give him the info to get on here as well.

I'm pretty computer illiterate - any techy stuff I shove at him. I have "team viewer" here on the desktop so he can trouble shoot it from home when the need arises.
Posted By: esshup Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:14 AM
I'm running XP on the desktop and (gasp) Vista on the laptop. He's going to upgrade to Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010.

He said those were the least "buggy" and would work with all the programs that I have on the desktop/laptop.
Posted By: JKB Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:23 AM
I just found the recovery discs for my laptop yesterday with XP Pro on it. Hard drive croaked and didn't know where the discs were so had them put W7 Pro on it. W7 don't play well with some of my software.

Need to set up a virtual machine for anything to work in windows 8.

Windows 10 is supposed to work with everything.
Posted By: JKB Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 04:27 AM
Pond Boss works great on my phone....just terrible on EVERYthing else.

My cell phone is a mobile hot spot that provides internet service.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 05:01 AM
Just perhaps it's the FACT that this forum does not like plagiarist !!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 05:09 AM
Good point.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 01:46 PM
Now he is plagiarizing Essups last post on the Euryhaline post !!!!
Good grief, can't he help himself?
Posted By: JKB Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 01:55 PM
Look at the time stamp. I think esshup is the guilty, but more creative party. laugh
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 02:13 PM
This is between me and Condomello !!
Posted By: Shorty Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 02:29 PM
Bruce, I do know of at least one other forum that has issues with internet explorer due to excessive cross scripting in the advertising. You could always download adblock plus for IE and see if that helps. Your other option would be to use Firefox in lieu of Chrome for a browser.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Shorty
Bruce, I do know of at least one other forum that has issues with internet explorer due to excessive cross scripting in the advertising. You could always download adblock plus for IE and see if that helps. Your other option would be to use Firefox in lieu of Chrome for a browser.

Good point. I get a message sometimes from Explorer telling me the PBF site is running a script that is causing a problem loading. I just click on "stop running this script" in the message and everything loads ok. PBF is the only site I get that message.
Posted By: esshup Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 02:45 PM
Bruce, when here on the PB forum, I have to turn off the sound on my computer. I keep getting a warning beep and this warning message:
An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the secruity settings in Internet Options for potential conflicts.

I figure it's got to be one of the ad scripts, and since I'm not cliking on it, I don't care. I can ignore the small information bar that pops up with the message at the top of the page, but the warning tone is irritating. No sound, no tone.....
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 06:21 PM
At least I'm not the only one who struggles a little with this. It makes me wonder if there have been some great potential members whom we've never gotten to meet because logging on and staying on is such a pain in the ass.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 06:23 PM
Bruce

I don't use a computer to do this just an I Phone5S and it works great most of the time once you get used to it

Pat W
Posted By: JKB Re: Exasperated! - 12/28/14 07:56 PM
At least I'm not the only one who struggles a little with this. It makes me wonder if there have been some great potential members whom we've never gotten to meet because logging on and staying on is such a pain in the ass.

Probably so.
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Exasperated! - 12/29/14 12:11 AM
I have not had any trouble, either on my tablet or on PC. Then again I almost always am using Chrome or a derivative of it.
Posted By: Shorty Re: Exasperated! - 12/29/14 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: liquidsquid
I have not had any trouble, either on my tablet or on PC. Then again I almost always am using Chrome or a derivative of it.

+1
Posted By: JKB Re: Exasperated! - 12/29/14 01:17 AM
Originally Posted By: liquidsquid

When I need to reboot, nothing works. Strange that it's only this and one other site.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Exasperated! - 12/29/14 02:17 AM
I just want to know why my user name isn't case sensitive.

Oops maybe I shouldn't have revealed that! blush
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Exasperated! - 12/29/14 11:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
I just want to know why my user name isn't case sensitive.

Oops maybe I shouldn't have revealed that! blush

Cecil, that's fairly common with interweb security. The password itself is where most of the heavy lifting is done.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Exasperated! - 12/29/14 02:55 PM
I didn"t know that. I guess I assumed since my bank access username and some other sites are case sensitive that they all are.

And of course it's there with every post! blush
© Pond Boss Forum