Pond Boss
Posted By: hawkeyes Area Calculator - 05/08/13 01:47 AM
Does someone have a link to an area calculator tool? I saw one that had an aerial image that you could draw on to find the area but can't find it anymore.
Posted By: John Wann Re: Area Calculator - 05/08/13 01:49 AM
http://www.acme.com/planimeter/
Posted By: Sunil Re: Area Calculator - 05/08/13 12:30 PM
Dang, every time I use one of these area calculators, my pond shrinks!
Posted By: mnfish Re: Area Calculator - 05/08/13 02:44 PM
Sunil, you know what helps me...cut the brush around the shore. This will make the pond look bigger. At least that's what my wife tells me. HaayyyyOhhhhhh! grin
Posted By: Omaha Re: Area Calculator - 05/08/13 02:51 PM
Whoa.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Area Calculator - 05/09/13 04:36 PM
No Randy, don't do it,
"but it's soooo funny"
it'll just get moderated
"but it'll be up for a few minutes"
no good will come of this
"but mnfish did it"
I don't care
"sigh"
Posted By: John Wann Re: Area Calculator - 05/09/13 04:47 PM
Originally Posted By: mnfish
Sunil, you know what helps me...cut the brush around the shore. This will make the pond look bigger. At least that's what my wife tells me. HaayyyyOhhhhhh! grin

TMI! LoL!
Posted By: mnfish Re: Area Calculator - 05/09/13 04:56 PM
Funny stuff there rmedgar

Sorry it was the perfect opportunity. A friend recently said to me, "you just used a double entendre". A double what, I said! The only double I knew of was in baseball and a cocktail.

A double entendre is a figure of speech in which a spoken phrase is devised to be understood in either of two ways. Typically one of the interpretations is rather obvious whereas the other is more subtle. The more subtle of the interpretations may have a humorous, ironic, or risqué purpose. It may also convey a message that would be socially awkward, or even offensive, to state directly. (The Oxford English Dictionary describes a double entendre as being used to "convey an indelicate meaning".)

Can u tell...its slow at work today! grin
Posted By: Dwight Re: Area Calculator - 05/09/13 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil

Be precise with your mouse as you click the area. In your particular case I recommend a minimum of two Peroni to calm your spasmodic clicker.
Posted By: kenc Re: Area Calculator - 05/10/13 02:59 AM
Mnfish, a large pond is not always a good thing. It is how you put in your fish that makes the difference.
Posted By: John Wann Re: Area Calculator - 05/10/13 03:59 AM
Even a 25 pound HSB looks small swimming in a large lake.
Posted By: hang_loose Re: Area Calculator - 05/10/13 05:35 AM
Sunil, you lobbed it up and mnfish knocked it out of the stadium!! I'm still grinning grin wink!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Area Calculator - 05/10/13 12:10 PM
It was not intentional!!
Posted By: highflyer Re: Area Calculator - 05/11/13 02:59 AM
Mine keeps getting bigger!!! grin
Posted By: kenc Re: Area Calculator - 05/11/13 03:04 AM
Dream on.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Area Calculator - 05/11/13 05:09 PM
Its right at 12 and growing and I have irrefutable proof!!
Posted By: kenc Re: Area Calculator - 05/11/13 07:00 PM
Jimmy Johnson now has a real live subject to drone on about. I hate to disappoint you but he cut the first nine inches off the tape measure.
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Area Calculator - 05/11/13 07:34 PM

Sunil -- something just ain't right. I think Google is stealing your property!

When I first visited your place you said your pond was a particular size. It certainly looked like it probably was. The last time I was there, you mentioned that it was about 20% smaller than you originally thought. I thought that could be possible.

Even with the expletives you yelled at my guests who were in your boat, in the lower part of your pond, I'm sure they had difficulty hearing exactly what you hollered (but, I'm sure they fully understood the outburst)grin. It is a darn long ways from the outhouse to that lower part of your pond.

Based on your latest comment, I used the ACME (is that related in Road Runner cartoon ACME?) area planner with Google Maps to measure your pond, to see if maybe you were missing something.

Damn! Your pond now is even smaller!!!

I know they keep saying the world is shrinking, but this is crazy. This thing shows your pond at 3.694 acres! In my mind, just the main part has to be at least that large.

Next time I'm up there I'll bring my handheld GPS to measure the approximate dimensions.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Area Calculator - 05/11/13 07:43 PM
Only on the tapes we send to Va. wink

+ 12. on acme!! grin
Posted By: kenc Re: Area Calculator - 05/11/13 09:23 PM
Whatever you do Brian, don't tell my wife I think she would die of disappointment. I have no idea of what she would talk about at our social functions.
Posted By: kenc Re: Area Calculator - 05/11/13 10:44 PM
Brian, I am going to send you a picture of mine on a PM. I bet it is bigger then yours.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Area Calculator - 05/12/13 02:25 PM
catmandoo, that's about what I was getting too.

When we first bought the place, the pond was listed as 10-12 acres. It was winter, and we had no way to really know, but still liked the pond.

As time went on, I reset to calling it 6-7 acres.

Then, I ended up getting some overhead pictures from the DEP, and using one of the sheds as a reference, I ended up calculating about 4.5 acres.

Now, here we are below 4 acres.

I'm scared of the next technology that's going to tell me my pond is a postage stamp!
Posted By: kenc Re: Area Calculator - 05/12/13 02:43 PM
Sunil, my boy we all have shrinkage as we get older. We learn to live with it(might be a big letdown for wivey).
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Area Calculator - 05/12/13 02:53 PM
Originally Posted By: mnfish
A double entendre is a figure of speech in which a spoken phrase is devised to be understood in either of two ways. Typically one of the interpretations is rather obvious whereas the other is more subtle. The more subtle of the interpretations may have a humorous, ironic, or risqué purpose. It may also convey a message that would be socially awkward, or even offensive, to state directly. (The Oxford English Dictionary describes a double entendre as being used to "convey an indelicate meaning".)
Any amateur can accomplish a double entendre. It takes a real pro to execute a triple entendre and a genius to land a quadruple entendre.

Theo once managed a quadruple entendre, the landing was perfect however he suffered a groin pull in the process.

He healed however the tone of his voice increased one half of an octave.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Area Calculator - 05/12/13 03:07 PM
When we first bought the place, the pond was listed as 10-12 acres. It was winter, and we had no way to really know, but still liked the pond.

As time went on, I reset to calling it 6-7 acres.

Then, I ended up getting some overhead pictures from the DEP, and using one of the sheds as a reference, I ended up calculating about 4.5 acres.

Now, here we are below 4 acres.

From now on just tell people that your pond is 16,187 square meters.

JHAP's helpful tip of the month: Every thing seems bigger if you use the metric system.
Posted By: kenc Re: Area Calculator - 05/12/13 03:20 PM
Bullethead, that is a noble cause as Theo kept me alive in 2011 as I was sent nite-nite 9 times by the gas, had 2 major surgeries and got to top off the year with chemno. His posts were what I read mostly and since my mind was shot from the laughing gas and I could laugh new each time I read his stuff. Trouble is now my mind is starting to stir a little bit and his old posts aren't so funny after you have read them 57 times. I do wish he would share zany views here.
Posted By: highflyer Re: Area Calculator - 05/12/13 05:31 PM
Jeff,

Hectares Just saying. grin
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Area Calculator - 05/13/13 03:33 PM
Originally Posted By: highflyer
Jeff,Hectares Just saying. grin
Oh sure, contradict me with logic and fact.
© Pond Boss Forum