Pond Boss
Just had my 1/2 acre pond cleaned out and deepened last fall and it is near full. Wanting a pan fishing pond. I just put 250 1-2inch bluegill and 250 1-2inch red ear in it, along with FHM, but would like to add some yellow perch from a good breeder. There is one family near us who sells them but they are pretty scrawny and never grow to more than 7 inches. Does anyone know of someone in downstate Illinois or Indiana I could buy some from?
Give Nate or Justin from Herman Brothers Pond Management a call. They are in Illinois, but near Peoria. They have access to some that could eventually look like this:

They are listed in the resources guide.
PM me i might be able to help you out..
Originally Posted By: esshup
Give Nate or Justin from Herman Brothers Pond Management a call. They are in Illinois, but near Peoria. They have access to some that could eventually look like this:

Ditto. One of that stock that originally come from Ohio and Lake Erie eventually eclipsed the Indiana state record by 5 oz. and was 16 1/4 inches. grin
Originally Posted By: esshup

Thank you. Talked to Nate and you are right, he is a very nice guy. He put me in touch with someone else closer to me. Thanks again.

Wow Scott those are nice fish! Where was that picture taken?

grin
How many YP did you have like that? I have never seen one that big live but there are some big ones here.
Awesome perch esshup!!! What else do you have in that tank grin.
BG and SMB. That was taken at Cecils pond when we seined it. Those are Cecils mitts there in the pic. I was busy with the net when the glamour shots were being taken..... wink grin
© Pond Boss Forum