Pond Boss
Posted By: Blaine Seine net question - 09/25/12 03:48 PM
Hey everybody! It's been a while, sorry about that. I thought I better get a post in to ramp up for the conference. Does anybody know a good place to buy an approx. 20' seine net for FHM size?
Posted By: Blaine Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 03:50 PM
I'm also looking for a somewhat inexpensive hanging directional feeder. They seem few and far between.
Posted By: Omaha Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 03:56 PM
I think a lot of the guys here like to go through Stoney Creek for seines.
Posted By: MRHELLO Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 05:34 PM
Here is the feeder I have been using and this is my 3rd season putting it out.

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/productdetail.aspx?id=mfh-ps1

If this is not allowed, moderators do your thing.

Thanks
Posted By: kenc Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 05:59 PM
I use the same feeders as Mrhello on my back pond to catch CC. Just feed a small amount for 2 weeks then usually catch 110 qt. full sometimes twice before we move feeder. The pond is big enough to never fish same area for a year. It doesn't seem to matter if it is deep water or shallow.
Posted By: kenc Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 06:32 PM
I use the same feeders as Mrhello on my back pond to catch CC. Just feed a small amount for 2 weeks then usually catch 110 qt. full sometimes twice before we move feeder. The pond is big enough to never fish same area for a year. It doesn't seem to matter if it is deep water or shallow.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 08:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Blaine
Hey everybody! It's been a while, sorry about that. I thought I better get a post in to ramp up for the conference. Does anybody know a good place to buy an approx. 20' seine net for FHM size?

Blaine,

I think Stoney Creek has them custom made somewhere else and they are not in stock but I could be wrong. Why not go right to a net maker like Memphis Net and Twine? They're on the Internet.

I believe there are some threads here somewhere on seine manufacturers. I believe there are three or four major manufacturers.
Posted By: roadwarriorsvt Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 09:02 PM
I bought a 50'x10' 1/4" seine net from Atlantic and Gulf . Very well made. Memphis Net & Twine seems like naother reputable supplier as well.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 09:36 PM
For seines also check with Douglas Net Company and Nichols Net & Twine Inc - both in Illinois.
Posted By: esshup Re: Seine net question - 09/25/12 11:47 PM
I've purchased from both Memphis and Nichols and was treated very well by both. I've bought from Memphis for probably the past 15 years.
Posted By: Blaine Re: Seine net question - 09/26/12 01:07 AM
That's a wealth of info! I think I'll start with the first suggestion from my friend Omaha and go from there. Thanks guys!

I need both items for my new FHM only pond. There's millions now, they're hungry, and I have to get some out.

Mrhello, yea that looks great! Seems like I've seen it and could never find one in stock. Are you going to the convention?

kenc,I'd like to see pictures of that lake of yours. Sounds awesome!
© Pond Boss Forum