Pond Boss
This just in!
Got a text from Dave Buhler and a voicemail from Bruce Condello.
Called Bruce.
He just caught a 14" 3.2 pound giant bluegill in North Carolina's Richmond Mill Lake.
King Fisher Society just met one of my "Holy Grail" fish.
Bruce is on the lake fishing right now.
Photos as soon as Dave can snag Bruce's camera and download some.
Man, this post has me so shook up that I just tried to reply by hitting the keys on my adding machine. Can't wait for the photos.

Congrats to all who were involved!!
Woohoo. I bet Bruce is freaking out right now.
Awwww yeah... Pics or didn't happen smile
Lusk sent this to me and requested that it be posted:

WOW!
Bruce allowed Dave to send this image. I'm hopeful he'll send a few more, especially one of the fish on a ruler. Bruce knows his fish. I know that lake. I've been expecting (hoping) a bluegill would exceed 3 pounds. We've been nurturing that lake with four or management techniques (a couple of "outside the box") and it's responding in amazing fashion. We're in our 6th year of management of Richmond Mill Lake.

Thanks for posting that image, Sunil. Couldn't access Photobucket on this iPhone.
In the first place, wow is right. What an unbelievable fish. Leave it to Dr. Bruce to catch such a beauty. In the second place, that fish cannot be more than age 7 and might even be age 6. Based on Bob's stocking records, there is just no way that fish could be any older. So, that says a lot about the management efforts as well, doesn't it? smile
Looks awesome, did he keep it?
smile
Double WOW!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to all involved!
Bruce rarely keeps trophy sized fish. Pictures are usually enough. Proper management with good optimum habitat produces results.
Bruce's expression in that photo shows even he is amazed!
Are these pond management techniques going to be proprietary? Congrats on the success!
I love the dark coloration of BG from tannic waters. That is a gorgeous specimen! No doubt Aquamax will grow some huge BG if used in conjunction with proper management techniques.
The management techniques are in the magazine Mar-April 2011, "Growing Huge Bluegills" pg 18. As Lusk says: "I've been nurturing that lake with four or (five) management techniques (a couple of "outside the box") and it's responding..."
Unbelievable. That lake is no joke! Congrats to everyone involved. Truly an amazing feat.
"Lepomis Macrochirus Giganticus".... unbelievable.
Well done by all involved.
Here is the pic with a lillle work to lighten it so you can see better. A male CNBG.

What a fish!!Amazingly I only live about an 1 hour away from this lake..
What an amazing fish! I think Bruce is doing a heck of a job holding it together - I would have been way too excited to even hold the thing still for a pic!
There is a truly fascinating story that goes along with this fish. I'd start telling it now, but I'm in RDU right now waiting for a plane. Bob's work on this lake is nothing short of miraculous. One funny side note is that this was probably the worst photo of both me and the fish, but I sent it to Bob because it displayed the Pond Boss logo. :-)
Can't wait to hear the details and see the other shots! Congrats, Dr. C!
What a fish.

I want to thank Bob and Bruce for all they've done to improve bluegill fishing for so many of us. Before I found Pond Boss, I always felt like a real loner when it came to fishing -- my most favorite fishing has always been chasing big bluegill.

Also before finding Pond Boss, I would never have thought that it would be possible to have my own fishery where I could regularly catch 10-12 inch bluegill. In my craziest hallucinations, I would not have dreamed that people I know would be regularly catching really monstrous bluegill like the ones we are seeing out of Richmond Mill Lake -- or, those grown by Bruce and a few others.

Thanks you Bob, Bruce, and the many others who have helped make this a reality.

Ken
Absolutely a wonderful fish! Congratulations!

Cant wait for the story.
Wow. Nice fish.
Here's just a teaser.

This isn't even the same fish. laugh

WOW! That fish is obese! Obviously you guys are doing something(s) right! Congrats!
Looks deformed (in a good way)... I hope you got more pics for us..
That doesn't even look real! Or natural! laugh
There will be lots more!
Nice.... I love the suspense. I hope you sent a giant to the taxidermist.. I'd love to see a mount of those beauties..

Bruce you ever think about working coppernose genetics into some of your strains..
Come on Bruce, give us some more info and photos!
One Great Fish!
I live in NC did not think this state could produce bluegill that big anymore
Wow wee! Congratulations to all who are involved in this!
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
Here's just a teaser.

This isn't even the same fish. laugh

Looks like a flounder! Wow, what a fish!
© Pond Boss Forum