Pond Boss
Posted By: Dwight Bird Lane - 03/23/11 06:46 PM
20,000 seagulls 3,000 Canadian manure spreaders, 2,000 puddle ducks and 200 cormorants are in the area today. I leave the puddle ducks alone but the rest are not welcome and they hear loud and often from me that they aren't.

Lucky for me the goose repeller keeps them from roosting on the pond at night. Otherwise, I would have to camp on the Barge night blasting.
Posted By: ewest Re: Bird Lane - 03/23/11 09:07 PM
Vigilance my man , vigilance !!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Bird Lane - 03/25/11 01:47 AM
Dude if they come in during Duck season you need to do set up blinds,list yourself as waterfowl resort and make some money!
Posted By: esshup Re: Bird Lane - 03/25/11 08:07 PM
I want to know how long it took you to count them. wink
Posted By: Cody Veach Re: Bird Lane - 03/25/11 09:17 PM
I have a pair of Mallard's and a pair of Geese that have been nesting for the past 4 years. Allways come back and always chase off all other waterfowl. SO I let them be. Kinda funny the ducks chase off all other geese but the one pair.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 12:48 AM
Originally Posted By: esshup
I want to know how long it took you to count them. wink

I have a computer program that scans the skies, counts wings, analyzes wing shapes/sizes and body coloration and then compares that data to a spring bird migration model.

The spring bird migration model is updated using each springs data so the counts become more and more accurate over time. Theo contributed that part of the puzzle. crazy
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 01:48 AM
I'm not convinced that you're not telling the truth.

I do believe that if plied with enough Diet Mountain Dew Theo would create such a device and that you plied with enough Corona's would deploy it and create a three dimensional pie chart to track the migration habits of flying beasties.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 02:11 AM
Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
I'm not convinced that you're not telling the truth.

That is encouraging. smirk
Posted By: esshup Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 02:14 AM
laugh

And we thought cabin fever was over with!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 12:46 PM
I'm convinced you are a total freak. But you've proved that over, and over, and over...time and time again.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 02:34 PM
Total freak is a little harsh. I'd say about 87% freak at the most.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 02:40 PM
JHAP is likely pretty close on this one...
He has a computer program that scans the internet, counts geeks and freaks, analyzing posts and then compares that data to a San Francisco based profile model.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 03:14 PM
I was talking about you, JHAP.
Posted By: Dwight Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil

Yes, I knew you you were reefering to JHAP.

I am no longer on that freak profile having gone to another level.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 08:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Sunil

Oh, based upon the placement of your response, I thought you were talking about Dwight or Esshup.

In that case I revise my estimate to 89% freak.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Bird Lane - 03/26/11 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Brettski
JHAP is likely pretty close on this one...
He has a computer program that scans the internet, counts geeks and freaks, analyzing posts and then compares that data to a San Francisco based profile model.

True and unfortunately the member base of this forum exceeds the geeks and freaks percentages found in San Fransisco.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Bird Lane - 03/28/11 01:47 AM
No, the rest of the country (mostly) has only patriotic or holiday parades.
© Pond Boss Forum