Pond Boss
Posted By: james holt fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 01:09 AM
Has anyone on the forum built or designed a room to hold all of your tackle? If you have can you show me pictures please?
Posted By: Omaha Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 01:13 AM
I had to buy a shed. Haha.
Posted By: Brettski Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 01:17 AM
Give it up, James...you and Davidson have enough tackle betwixt ya's to fill the Taj Mahal.
I'm guessin' the Holt tackle cave is well under way, if not completed already.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 11:21 AM
James, make the room expandable.
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 02:39 PM
I just finished building my house a few months ago and i actually made one of my rooms into a tackle room. I built a rod rack out of ruff cut cedar that goes all the way down on wall. It holds 25 rods. In the closet I put peg board on the wall to hang up all my soft plastics so I wouldn't have to dig through a box to find a certain color. I want to put some kinda work bench in the so I will have space for when im pouring soft plastics. Somethings still missing in the room though, but it looks great so far.
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 02:43 PM
Ill try to take some pics.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 03:01 PM
" Somethings still missing in the room though, but it looks great so far."

Refrigerator, big TV, good lock... wink
Posted By: james holt Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 03:02 PM
I would love to see your pictures please
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 04:52 PM
I already have 2 big tvs and fidge. I dont have a wife so im free to let my imagination go wild.
Do yall have any more ideas what else to put in the tackle room?
Posted By: Brettski Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 04:53 PM
Originally Posted By: james holt
I would love to see your pictures please

(he does mean of your tackle room)
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 06:25 PM
Ok heres what it looks like so far. I had to take the pics with my cell phone so not the best quality but you get the idea

Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 06:33 PM
I just thouht of something else you can check out. Go to basszone.com and seach " In the house" and they have videos of some of the pros tackle rooms. They make make you a little jealous.
Posted By: n8ly Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 08:10 PM
My tackle room consists of a minnow tank, a worm refridgerator, a box of hooks, some assorted crappie jigs, some split shots and a few slip bobbers.......
Posted By: james holt Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 08:25 PM
how did you make the rod holder? Looks awesome!
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 08:39 PM
I just went to lowes and got some 1x4 ruff cut cedar and nailed 2 together for the top and 2 for the bottom. drilled some 1.5" holes about a quarter of a inch deep on the bottom to hold the base and got some clips for the top to hold the rods in place. On the bottom holes I got some felt pads like you put under chair legs and put down in the holes.It was really simple and real cheap to make. I can take some more pictures if you need them.
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/11/11 08:55 PM
Originally Posted By: jsand13
I already have 2 big tvs and fidge. I dont have a wife so im free to let my imagination go wild.
Do yall have any more ideas what else to put in the tackle room?

A humidor, a magazine rack, a couch (why actually sleep anywhere else if you don't have a wife to fuss at you for not coming to bed?) or at least a comfy recliner - just let your imagination run wild!
Posted By: james holt Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/13/11 03:35 PM
Todd yours looks better than the pros.
Posted By: ewest Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/13/11 03:54 PM
A comfortable place to work on lures , flies etc (desk or table and chair). Good lighting so you won't go blind trying to untangle bird nests or work on reels or lures.
Posted By: LRunkle Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/13/11 05:16 PM
I was at a fishing lodge in Belize last summer that had its rods stored on hanging hooks parallel along the ceiling. I thought this was a great use of space that usually is not used for anything. This is particulary handy for fly rods which are typically 9' long.
Posted By: esshup Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/13/11 06:42 PM
I thought the same thing, and put hooks in my shed. I found that if you don't use the rod for a year or so, they will take a set if they aren't supported so there isn't any bow in them when they are hanging.
Posted By: james holt Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 02:50 AM
Eric can you show us yours?
Posted By: Al Davison Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 03:48 AM
if you've only got space for 25, where do you keep your spares? wink

Seriously, this is like a dream!

I do have a wife and if she saw that much room anywhere in the house she would find stuff to fill it up to the ceiling and then complain that if I would just move those rods, she'd have room to put her __________ and ___________ and all those ____________ she's got stored in my closet.
(fill in the blanks yourself you married guys)
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 01:52 PM
Thats why im so glad im not married! I didn't even tell my girlfriend I was building a house until we were painting the walls because I didn't want her opinion on anything.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 03:08 PM
jsand, you da man!!!
Posted By: txelen Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 04:54 PM
If/when I ever get married, this kind of stuff is going in the prenup
Posted By: JKB Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 07:59 PM
Thats why im so glad im not married! I didn't even tell my girlfriend I was building a house until we were painting the walls because I didn't want her opinion on anything.

Why is She your Girlfriend?
Posted By: findfoolfight Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 08:29 PM
[quote] " she'd have room to put her( aluminum CNC molds) and (plastisol) and all those ( thousands of hand poured finesse worms) she's got stored in my closet!
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 10:27 PM
Why is She your Girlfriend? [/quote]

Actually that would be ex-girlfriend. She wasnt real happy about me not letting her design the house. But she cant afford to pay attention so i figured since i was paying for it I should make it the way I want it.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/15/11 10:34 PM

She wasnt real happy about me not letting her design the house. But she cant afford to pay attention so i figured since i was paying for it I should make it the way I want it.

Boy, eHarmony's got it's work cut out finding you a match. grin laugh
Posted By: Al Davison Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/16/11 04:40 AM
Originally Posted By: adirondack pond

She wasnt real happy about me not letting her design the house. But she cant afford to pay attention so i figured since i was paying for it I should make it the way I want it.

Boy, eHarmony's got it's work cut out finding you a match. grin laugh

Now that's funny!

I love my wife and couldn't live without her but living with her is the 2nd hardest thing... wink
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/17/11 02:36 AM
So I decided what the tackle room needed was some shelves so I put some together today out of some more ruff cut cedar.

Posted By: Sunil Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/17/11 02:45 AM
Nice work!
Posted By: james holt Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/18/11 02:07 PM
I just think your tackle room looks awesome! I wish you could give us a picture that shows the entire room. Surely more people on the forum have pictures to show!
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/18/11 06:18 PM
Ill try to get a pic of the whole room once I get finished with it.
Posted By: james holt Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/18/11 08:55 PM
I hope you dont mind i am already planning on copying your rod holder
Posted By: jsand13 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 01/18/11 11:53 PM
No I dont mine. Thats what this forum is for. Sharing ideas and coming up with new ones. Let me know if you need some closer pics or anything.
Posted By: SENKOSAM Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/12/24 06:00 PM
Store a lot of tackle and lure-making stuff in my basement but still can't find anything. frown
Posted By: Bing Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/12/24 09:07 PM
Bird Nest? What's a birds nest?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/12/24 11:45 PM
Backlash
Posted By: SENKOSAM Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/14/24 01:05 PM
A bird's nest (backlash) is a mess of line that happens when the spool of a bait cast reel revolves too fast for the line going out. It's the most time-consuming and frustrating line mess to get out and makes you want to throw the reel into the water! eek
Posted By: SENKOSAM Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/14/24 01:08 PM
Talk about rod holders, I got a few: PVC gets it done!

(not sure if I have enough rods.....)

When viewing the photos, press the box in the lower right corner to see the full picture.

Attached picture IMG_4793.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4792.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4794.JPG
Posted By: SENKOSAM Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/14/24 01:24 PM
Tackle room design? What design?!

Like with the rods, how much is too much....?
The microwave is on the shelf of molds, color dyes, etc. Bags of glitter are on the floor near the shelves containing fur, living rubber and silicone skirt material plus fly tie thread, spool holder and vice.

Attached picture IMG_4798.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4799.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4797.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4796.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4800.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4795.JPG
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/14/24 02:52 PM
Does 16 fly rods, and hundreds of flies count?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: FishinRod Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/14/24 03:57 PM
I think the quote from Jaws is appropriate here:

"You're gonna need a bigger boat house!"
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/14/24 04:12 PM
I'm trying to lighten my "conventional" fishing lure loads, so I make sure whoever comes here has to take plastics home. Some of the rods on the right rack are ones I tied years ago, so I give those to kids. All the rods on the left rack are Dobyn's, and G Loomis. They stay here.

The fly fishing stuff stays in the house.
Posted By: SENKOSAM Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/14/24 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
Does 16 fly rods, and hundreds of flies count?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

...and I thought I was the only fishing related pack rat!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/15/24 01:49 AM
Al, I partially solved that problem. I gave a 9 year old great grandson a couple of tackle boxes full and 8 or 10 rods and reels. I told him to wait awhile before messing with the casting rigs.

I still have more than I’ll ever use.
Posted By: FishinRod Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/15/24 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
Al, I partially solved that problem. I gave a 9 year old great grandson a couple of tackle boxes full and 8 or 10 rods and reels. I told him to wait awhile before messing with the casting rigs.

I still have more than I’ll ever use.

The only possible solution for having more tackle than you can ever use, is ... you clearly need more great-grandkids! grin
Posted By: Sunil Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/15/24 01:24 PM
The fact that Al covers his rods with those 'rod socks' indicates a much, much deeper problem....
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/16/24 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Sunil
The fact that Al covers his rods with those 'rod socks' indicates a much, much deeper problem....

Poor, poor, Al. Barely making it day by day, and trying to keep his rods in good shape. I'm tearing up as we speak.
Posted By: Fishingadventure Re: fishing tackle and tackle room - 04/17/24 03:05 AM
I'm with you FR , Grand Children and Great Grandchildren are the answer . 14 plain Grands , 2 Great Grands , take all I can have. I give thanks for every one . Couldn't have stocked Saugeye last week without the help of a older one.
© Pond Boss Forum