Pond Boss
Posted By: Captain1 Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 03:31 PM
I just noticed that Google maps updated to new, clearer satellite views in many areas. I was elated to see my lake finally showing up after 3 years. I know there are several new ponds that have been constructed over the past few years in East Texas from Forum members - have a look! You'll finally see your body of water. It appears that they shot our area in early 2010. It's perfect documentation for my lakes because you can see the water running over the spillways and this was the first time that any of them have done that in 5 years. Nice to see the full coverage of the lake.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 03:38 PM
still very old for me
Posted By: Omaha Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 03:49 PM
Not new for me. \:\(
Posted By: skinnybass Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 04:03 PM
still old @ my dad's pond too. However, the bing bird's eye is just magnificent. Didn't work out in central MO, though, on my buddy's family farm pond. i guess they only invested in making the birds' eye for high-population areas.
-skinny
Posted By: Pottsy Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 04:17 PM
Darn, I got excited... still 5 year old view at my place.
Posted By: Cisco Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 04:48 PM
Still the same at my place too.
Posted By: JKB Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 04:51 PM
Still 2003 stuff here. I see they have incorporated property lines in the maps from our county GIS.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 05:42 PM
try mapquest it has newer photos in my area
Posted By: Captain1 Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 07:19 PM
Sorry guys! Texas must be getting the good stuff.
Posted By: JKB Re: Google maps satellite views updated - 04/07/10 07:31 PM
Considering I am almost in the Manistee National Forest, I doubt any priority exists to show tree canopies a few years older. I tried all of them and still the same images.
© Pond Boss Forum