Pond Boss
Posted By: zoeconner Pond water clarity - 04/07/10 12:54 AM
Is thier a way to make your pond water more clear. It's a year old pond but the water is muddy looking. I don't have any alge growing. I getting ready to add blue die but it seems it will make to dark to see through.
Steve
Posted By: RC51 Re: Pond water clarity - 04/07/10 01:43 AM
zoeconner,

Hey bud look under the fourm catagory called Muddy Water. There is a lot of GREAT info there for water clarity issues. I would not put dye in the water though that will just make it even harder to see into the water than now.
Posted By: zoeconner Re: Pond water clarity - 04/07/10 03:22 AM
Sorry thanks
Posted By: Captain1 Re: Pond water clarity - 04/07/10 03:38 PM
Steve - I had the same problem with my pond. It is probably suspended clay. Let other experts weigh in here - I am a novice...however I learned through the forum that it has to do with positive and negatively charged particles that keep the clay suspended. I had my water tested and then added a couple tons of low cost Ag lime from the local farm coop on our area. Within a few weeks the water was clear after being muddy for 1 1/2 years. I also added gypsum - but not sure that was neccessary. I had tried old hay and other recommended home remedies, but the lime did the trick.
Posted By: Cisco Re: Pond water clarity - 04/07/10 04:50 PM
I put 1/2 ton of Alum in my pond about a month ago but it still hasn't cleared up. Maybe I need to try the ag lime.
© Pond Boss Forum