Pond Boss
Posted By: Lamar Disagree With Concept - 12/24/09 05:42 PM
O.K., been perusing this site for approx 6 mo. I have gained a lot of good info from these members, but have a problem with those that are consistently negative. For those of you that have a perfect lake, if you can't just give improvement info, STOP YOUR CRITICISM., Some of us don't need that. I have a 5.5 acre lake in west central Ga that I maintain for family and friends(professionally managed). so it bothers me when someone is trying to do his/her best and all I see is negative feedback. Put the concepts out there and let us choose, I turn 68 on Sun 12/27
Had 3X bypass last summer so everything kinda becomes more immediate and precious. Plans for my lake at multiple for this winter to return it to where I think it should be.
My problem with this forum is the fact that negative comments appeear to br directed to a member on board, while there is a neophyte asking a legitimate question. If you want to harass your buddys do it on e-mail or IM let those nlooking for advice
expect only that.
Merry Christmas To All
Lamar
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/24/09 06:00 PM
Hi Lamar, welcome from another from west Ga - I'm close to where I-20 goes into AL, where are you? Don't let a few posts determine your opinion of the overall value of this site. Often the forum members are continuing an on-going inside joke and mean no harm. It's a great source of knowledge as I'm sure you would agree.
If you have a specific question, please start another thread and I'm sure you'll get some valuable feedback.
Once again, welcome and we're thankful that you made it thru your surgery. \:\)
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/24/09 06:30 PM
Also, welcome, Lamar. As Randy stated, many forum members have been 'forum friends' for years, have met and sipped a beverage with them, and sometimes we(I for 1 in particular) sometimes take thread hijacking and ribbing to a high level.
I must also add that many of us have stayed around for this long, due to the cyber comraderie. There are only so many times one can seriously answer, 'can I stock fatheads now?' Many answers are in the archives. The forum does have well paid moderators who intercede when they deem necessary.
Thanks for the suggestion. May I now offer a suggestion that maybe at 68 and triple bypass, lighten up some.
I have to admit, you do have nads to come out of the box with a criticism of the forum that has been probably one of the most successful of it's kind.

Merry Christmas to all
Posted By: Sunil Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/24/09 06:45 PM
Lamar, best wishes for continued health in the new year.

I'm uncertain as to what you are specifically referring to, but if you can, please point out one or two of the threads you are talking about.

Jump in....the water's fine!
Posted By: Lamar Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/24/09 07:37 PM
O.K. maybe a little harsh, maybe in my ol' age have become a little less tolerant, for me I enjoy reading this forum, have gained a lot of good info. Really using this for my base of what I want to accomplish with my "lake". Really have no particular issue with anyone, just when I read some posts,"and I read many", my first thought is "that's a bit harsh", but at the same time can see the connection between you guys and for me see you're kidding each other, that being said maybe I was off base. Will not leave this for will continue to read, pot some and ask questions. My lake is located in Harris Co., Ga about 5 miles from the Chattahoochee river 10 miles SW of Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Ga. Knew when I bought this property, was not as advertised as for fishing. Same pond management guy has been handling since inception, and eventually cornered him last month on management, and goal for this lake. he is on board on what AI want to accomplish, and 1st of year will start drawdown, add gravel, and structure. He said when lake was built appros 15 yrs was worried about depth but contractor was looking for every bucket of dirt possible for dam.
So now really have very few good areas for BG bedding as all of pond is deep slope from edge to w/n 6 ft of bank to 8 foot. Abundance of very small bass, 51/2-10 1/2 pounders being caught and released almost no 2-4 pounders.
Sorry for the Rant, right now lake looks like a Georgia mud puddle, last week Columbus, ga surpassed the wettest year on record.
Thanks guys, will try to be more tolerant, and less critical because reading here made me realize "my lake ain't what it should be".
Thanks Again,
have lots to be thankful for entire family from all over US here for Christmas, so really a good year.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/24/09 08:47 PM
Hey Lamar....welcome aboard.
When I first started posting here, that same Burgermeister tore me up a couple of times. (looking back, I earned and deserved it) Anway...we're best pals now. Of course, I had to buy him a fancy fish dinner, but I wrote it off on a company expense report.
Reading his post on this thread, I can already tell that you guys are on your way to sharing Thanksgiving dinner next year.
-
We're glad you're here. I don't know squat about the fish nerd stuff, but there's plenty of fish eggheads here that do. These guys will getcha there.
Posted By: ewest Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/24/09 10:34 PM
Welcome Lamar. You have a good birthday - same as my Dad.

This Forum is about helping people and we try very hard to do that. I encourage you to contact any moderator anytime you have a concern about a post. We will be glad to look at it and address any problems. There are rules about how people are to be treated and we strive to follow those with kindness and understanding. Because so many readers can be effected by advice given we have an obligation to point out the pros and cons of suggestions.

Have a happy birthday.

By the way - I know my lakes are not the way I want them as they are and always will be a work in progress.
Posted By: Al Davison Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 01:54 AM
Welcome Lamar!

I'm in Athens, Georgia.

I'm a fairly new pond owner and I don't know anything at all so, I come here for advice and answers to my incredibly dumb questions. Folks have been pretty nice to me and I really appreciate all the solid advice I've gotten!

Don't be intimidated about asking your questions - if they haven't killed me yet then, they must be a pretty decent bunch. ;\)

Merry Christmas to all!
Posted By: Beaver Boy Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 02:13 AM
Hey Lamar, if you ever have problems with somebody, you can always block them from posting in your topic. I was able to do that to Theo when he started having some crazy images in his signature. I feel he was using them to alter the thoughts of some of our pondboss brethren.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 03:32 AM
Only some?
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 05:03 AM
"Anway...we're best pals now. Of course, I had to buy him a fancy fish dinner, but I wrote it off on a company expense report."

Yep, Brettski bails me out when he sees that I've started a DA thread that is just sitting there teetering on extinction; he comes up with the obligatory post to save my tender feelings.

thanks, bud.
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 05:07 AM
First thing after Chrismas, let's help Lamar out with his bluegill cover ideas(there are many that the arbiter of archives, that would be EWEST), can beckon. There's also a pretty fair country fisheries manager not too far from you. That would be Greg Grimes.
Posted By: esshup Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 05:26 AM
Lamar, can you get a track hoe, backhoe or small mini-excavator near the pond? If you have the room, you could cut back the banks to create some shallow areas for the BG to spawn in, putting the dug dirt back in the pond to create more spawning area (make the sharp drop-off less steep). Don't make a "pocket", cut the banks back on a gradual radius. BG will spawn on durn near any pond bottom, but they prefer small sized gravel or sandy bottoms.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 12:56 PM
 Originally Posted By: burgermeister

Yep, Brettski bails me out when he sees that I've started a DA thread that is just sitting there teetering on extinction; he comes up with the obligatory post to save my tender feelings.

thanks, bud.

Dang...he did it again. There goes another fancy fish dinner.
Posted By: ewest Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 01:57 PM
Can do Burger. Here is a recent one.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=15634&Number=196187#Post196187

These should help with all your bluegill beds questions – some good pics of them and how to build them.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=85554&fpart=1

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7651&fpart=1

Posted By: Lamar Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 03:41 PM
Merry Christmas To All!!!
First of week will post picture and ideas in pond renovation section, on what pond guy has in mind and my ideas. Yes do have area can get backhoe to and one thing considering, part depends on how much I want to spend this winter, especially since I basically don't fish, but want a great lake for family and friends. Was told once to not criticize unless you are active participant, so that being said will hope this thread dies slow death, and will begin posting in other sections with ideas and looking for advice.
Only look at total of 3 forums on inet, this one most, and most helpful.
See Ya' First Of Week
Lamar
Posted By: bobad Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 04:06 PM
Welcome Lamar, and Merry Christmas!

I can see how a new guy may think there are hostilities on this board. I'll assure you that 99.9% of it is just good natured ribbing, just like we do at work. You have to read between the lines, and not take insults at face value. For example, "mud sucking bottom feeder" basically means "catfish", and is not always meant to be a personal insult.

May the new year bring you the best of health!
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 04:48 PM
As you hope, Lamar, this thread, like most others, will probably die a fairly rapid death. But to paraphrase Burger, mooning the entire forum right out of the box is a pretty special approach and is not likely to be guickly forgotten. You'll surely get to laugh more than once about being beaten over the head with the albatross you've tied around your own neck.
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas!
Posted By: Bing Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 05:09 PM
Lamar:
As one of the few on this site who are older than you I am willing to forget your first post.

Heck, forgetting is one of the things I do best. It actually gets easier each day.

Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas.

Bing
Posted By: ewest Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 05:43 PM
Trust me -- there have been a lot of bad early posts (and good ones). This one is not in the top 100 IMO. I can think of all the sneaky (and not so sneaky) attempts to sell us all something. Seems we never hear from those folks again.

It is good to be reminded from time to time of how we all come across to new participants.
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 06:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: ewest
Trust me -- there have been a lot of bad early posts (and good ones). This one is not in the top 100 IMO. I can think off all the sneaky (and not so sneaky) attempst to sell us all something. Seems we never hear from those folks again.

I wonder what happened to that guy.

Bing, forgetting is something that makes life more tolerable. ;\)
Posted By: Rainman Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 07:15 PM
Trust me -- there have been a lot of bad early posts (and good ones). This one is not in the top 100 IMO. I can think off all the sneaky (and not so sneaky) attempst to sell us all something. Seems we never hear from those folks again.

It is good to be reminded from timt to time of how we all come across to new participants.

ewest, speaking of selling, can I interest you in some African Blue Crappie? \:\)

Welcome to the forum Lamar and thank you so much for the new ammunition...... I think Jhap may have needed to reload!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 09:37 PM
Lamar:

No sweat.

Originally Posted By: Lamar
Was told once to not criticize unless you are active participant ...

We get so little criticism from the lurkers. ;\)
Posted By: esshup Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 11:25 PM

It is good to be reminded from timt to time of how we all come across to new participants.

Or start up another forum.....
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/25/09 11:34 PM
Leave it to Theo to get all philosophical.
Posted By: ewest Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 01:29 AM
Rainman said :

"ewest, speaking of selling, can I interest you in some African Blue Crappie? "

--------------------------------------------------------

Question :

How big do they get Rainman ? ;\)
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 01:46 AM
Lamar, a couple of things about this place. It is considered to be the most polite site of any forum around. However, if we disagree we say so and make it respectful. It might come across as negative but platitudes are dangerous and expensive.

That said, I understand about being a crotchety old goat. Actually, I resemble that remark. I'm 67, have 2 2/9 Great Grandsons and am about to sit for my 4th degree curmudgeon diploma. Like Bing, I don't really remember why I started writing this. Gotta go, my bladder is calling again.
Posted By: hang_loose Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 05:32 AM
I think Lamar set this thread up so people could get a lot of their old people jokes out.

Getting old is not for wimps!!!
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 12:18 PM
 Originally Posted By: hang_loose

I'm not too fond of the other option... Well at least not yet!
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 03:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
 Originally Posted By: hang_loose

I'm not too fond of the other option... Well at least not yet!

Hey CJ, you might not be fond of the other option, but it is better than being dead,--- most of the time.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 04:08 PM
That is what I meant by the other option. Being dead! My 86 year old grandfather always jokes around by saying that anytime he complains about his ailments from old age... Something like, boy my knees are hurting me today, it's a bear getting old. Followed by, but it sure beats the other option. He's been saying that for as long as I can remember!
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 04:44 PM
Lamar, I read your post shortly after you posted it. I typed three different responses and posted none of them. Sometimes even I have the intelligence to walk away from the keyboard before posting, granted it doesn't happen often, the proof of which lies in the archives (JAIWAK), but for your post I decided to exercise some discretion.

Post attempt number one clearly took on an accusatory tone. WHAT DO YOU MEAN CRITISM? Us criticize? How dare you come into our home and.... well you get the idea.

Post attempt two was more conciliatory. Welcome to Pond Boss, don’t let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch, blah, blah, niceties, pleasantries, sugar and spice.

Post attempt three was a blend of one and two.
So here the fourth attempt to respond. Hopefully this will make the final cut and get posted because I’m tired of writing and deleting. Here goes….

Lamar,
I’ve been on this site for a little over three years. During that time I’ve been praised and criticized, called a genius (ok that was by me, but I had a valid point), and a complete idiot. I’ve had people tell me they like my posts and others have told me to stay out of their threads. In fact let me tell you a little known story, a few of months after my first posting on pond boss I had one individual contact me and basically tell me that I was a waste of band width and that I should stop posting on Pond Boss – and I almost did.

Why am I telling you all this? Because if it seemed like harassment and harsh criticism to you then it might have seemed the same to the neophyte (jeez I hope that’s not a bad word), just like the criticism that I received early on, and it might have discouraged additional questions. Which is exactly opposite of what Pond Boss it all about.

We’re a family here. Many of us have met, many of us talk back and forth outside the confines of the public forum. We poke fun at each other and yes on occasion it gets out of hand. Unfortunately sometimes on occasion this occurs in a “newbie’s” thread and the entire purpose of the thread gets lost in the melee. Sometimes we forget that a newbie may not realize that we regularly poke fun at each other and therefore take a comment as a criticism when in fact it was meant as a joke. I don’t believe that any of the folks that post here on a regular basis are mean spirited and would intentionally belittle a new poster. In fact most of the people I’ve had contact with here are quite the opposite.

I’m going to ask two things of you. One: stay around, post on Pond Boss, become part of the family. It’s a great forum in which you are granted free access to the best minds in pondom (is that a word?). Two, if you do see a post that “feels” too critical to you then take action. Either PM the member that made the post and point it out to them. It might not have sounded harsh or critical to the poster. Sometimes the mere omission of a word or the choice of a word changes the entire feel of the post. Or you can do what I’ve done in the past and post in the thread something like… Jeez guys that’s a little harsh – often times that will change the nature of a thread.

Welcome to Pond Boss Lamar, we’re glad you found us.

Originally Posted By: Rainman
Welcome to the forum Lamar and thank you so much for the new ammunition...... I think Jhap may have needed to reload!

Naw, no need to reload. Heck I didn't even "chamber a round." \:D

Posted By: deaner Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 06:32 PM
Pond boss could become a little dry with out humor. I do not joke much myself as I am hesitant on being misunder stood. Maybe it is because I am unable to spell. Whatever keep up what you are saying as I have not seen any blood---yet. joke
Posted By: Lamar Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 07:12 PM
O.K. told myself was not going to post on this thread again and just start first of week posting with my pond on another thread. I know this is one of the best forums around been lurking for about 4-6 months. You are the reason I realize this lake is not what it could be. I appreciate all your responses, and right now can not say which post "set me off", I had read about everything posted w/n last 2-3 days when I posted that. Should done as JHAP typed, walked away, then sent if I wanted, needless to say did not do that. Spanking received and deserved!!!!! I only read this and two other forums, all applicable to me and I feel give good and constructive info. If a moderator can just delete this thread
it would not hurt my feelings in the least, most of the responses have been by the posters that I read constantly, enjoy, and respect what they have to say.
Posting Muddy Flooded Pond First of Week
Lamar
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 08:30 PM
Lamar, it has to be a lot further out in left field than this one to get deleted.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/26/09 08:33 PM
 Originally Posted By: Lamar
If a moderator can just delete this thread
it would not hurt my feelings in the least, most of the responses have been by the posters that I read constantly, enjoy, and respect what they have to say.

Oh you're not getting off that easy. This thread shall be saved in the archives and will forever be remembered as the day Lamar ripped us a new one. \:D

I look forward to your lake thread!
Posted By: eddie_walker Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/27/09 05:56 PM
Lamar,

My reply to this is has been very similar to Jeff's. I find myself writing something that isn't very complimentary, and is more of a frustration on my part, then what's actually being posted. While I'm a fan of this site, I sometimes struggle to keep up with some of the postings because they get so far off topic and turn into one bad joke after another.

My desire for being here is to learn what I can, and follow along with those threads that I find interesting. Sometimes, there's a real gem that I come across, and is why I keep coming back here.

After the pond is dug, and the fish are released, there's not much more to do with the pond. Improving the land, improving the habitat around the pond, and building docks or homes is what I find interesting. I've suggested a section for this here, but it's never happened. As a result, I'm sure there are some really good threads on here that I've missed because the title didn't indicate what they were building, and I never opened the thread.

Eddie
Posted By: ewest Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 01:12 AM
I would like for this to be clear. This thread is worth its value for this reason alone.

If anyone other than Bob or a Moderator contacts anyone on here any says you (anyone) should stop posting you should immediately contact Bob or a moderator. That is not the way Pond Boss works nor proper under Bob's instructions. Please don't send a PM or email to anyone on here telling them to stop posting etc. If anyone has a problem with someone else on here then contact Bob or a moderator. We are not about running people off if they are following the rules.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 02:21 AM
Pretty funny if you ask me, that somebody's first post ever on a forum is criticizing the people for criticizing too much. \:\)
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 03:21 AM
I'm about to go off the deep end of the dock.

Welcome Lamar and other Lurkers. Please don't feel intimidated. This is a very friendly group, with many very knowledgeable individuals who welcome all who come with a sincere desire to learn, help, and make friends with people of similar interests. A sense of humor, even if it is significantly off-center, helps a lot.

We've got the best moderators on the Internet, and forum owners who really take an extremely strong interest in what happens on a daily basis. You can always send any of them a private message and they will quickly respond and react appropriately. It is mostly only disrespect, nastiness, politics, and inflammatory rhetoric that gets moderated (and posts for knock-off name-brand purses, male enhancement products, etc.,).

Well, here I go. The first to take this thread off topic, and the first to disagree with a post. But, that is what I feel this great forum is all about -- as long as it doesn't get mean, demeaning, or offensive.

Originally Posted By: eddie_walker

While I'm a fan of this site, I sometimes struggle to keep up with some of the postings because they get so far off topic and turn into one bad joke after another.

Eddie

I'm going to pick on Eddie. He has been an important member here for a long time, and on other sites where I participate. This isn't really directed at him, but he brings up an important point in his post.

First, I can not think of any reasonable retort for the so-called Pond Boss humor. Maybe JHAP or Brettski can explain. But, even in our everyday lives away from our ponds, most all of us have relatives we don't talk much about in public. However, I think all of us feel it keeps the forum going when most of our ponds are under a foot of ice and snow, and things are kind of slow.

Divergence is very important. Uncommon thinking has led to a lot of successes we'd never have attempted, had we not heard many of the unconventional methods people have applied. My pond wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun for my grandkids, our guests, our family, and me, had I never heard of some of the crazy concepts presented on Pond Boss. What pond professional would have ever suggested raising maggots and flies to improve a pond?

Camaraderie is very important. A very large number the Pond Boss forum participants, and their spouses, have spent significant time with one another over the last several years as we've learned more about pond management techniques and each other. These nationwide friendships have allowed us to share what might have otherwise seemed like stupid ideas -- but have blossomed into many important break throughs (just look at the latest issue of Pond Boss Magazine).

Most of us came here not knowing anyone else related to Pond Boss. Many of us came here after lurking for some time, and wanting to know a whole lot more about pond management. I'm just one example. I was immediately welcomed after my first post, and that was over three years ago. I was made to feel like an important part of the group -- and all I came with was problems that seemed nearly insurmountable to me at the time.

Since then, my wife and I have met the students that Pond Boss helps sponsor, and many other students. One of these exceptional students was named a moderator last year. Their professors are an important part of the forum and magazine. The forum owners, moderators, field advisory staff, participants, students, and professors regularly publish in Pond Boss Magazine, and I feel like all are personal friends. Many of us have developed multiple ties with one another, which certainly can cause side trips within the threads. But, very often it brings up important subjects that might not otherwise get posted if we stayed strictly between the lines.

After the pond is dug, and the fish are released, there's not much more to do with the pond.

Eddie

Here I am, again picking on Eddie. But, this is just the kind of difference of opinion we respond to.

At least here in West Virginia, my pond and its inhabitants need frequent attention to keep producing the way I want. To me, my ponds are like a garden. After you till it, and plant the seeds or transplants, you can't just let it go on its own. It needs regular attention to produce good crops. Thinning, feeding/fertilizing, disease prevention, weed control, structure, and planting different crops at different times of the year are all part of it.

Everyone of those topics has an important parallel in my pond. I keep a strict eye on water quality and mineral/inflow content. I keep an accurate record of fish density and size, and cull as necessary. My structure wears out and needs to get replaced. Trout get planted in the fall, and harvested by summertime. Catfish get planted in the early springtime, and get harvested by fall. Big male bluegill are catch-and-release only. Grass carp need regular replacement.

I'm not sure how much of this I would know if it wasn't for my Pond Boss friends.

Just one more crazy opinion.

Ken

Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 03:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: catmandoo
First, I can not think of any reasonable retort for the so-called Pond Boss humor. Maybe JHAP or Brettski can explain. But, even in our everyday lives away from our ponds, most all of us have relatives we don't talk much about in public.

Did Brettski and I just get called "relatives we don't talk much about in public"? \:D
Posted By: Brettski Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 04:08 PM
ie; cousin It and uncle Fester
Posted By: Sunil Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 04:11 PM
I can see JHAP as Uncle Fester. Well, in a few years anyways.

Brettski, you are too tall for Cousin It.

You might be able to pull off a Lerch if you shave though.
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 04:13 PM
OK, 2Cat, time to post something about the pink hat!
Posted By: Brettski Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 04:14 PM

While I'm a fan of this site, I sometimes struggle to keep up with some of the postings because they get so far off topic and turn into one bad joke after another.

we're headin' for a Texas size spanking
Posted By: Lamar Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 04:45 PM
A Georgia spanking has already been applied, nothing like opening the big mouth and inserting foot. total different feel from lurking than being active and posting. As for Bruce post a few back, never crossed my mind that that was what i was doing. My dad used to warn me about letting my "mockingbird mouth overload my jaybird a--", guess that's what I have done. Eddie have read pretty much all your posts about your property on other forum, respect and enjoy. Have begun thread under maintaining and adjusting on existing ponds, looking forward to, good ideas, suggestions, and yes constructive criticism.
Lamar
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 05:09 PM
Well we can probably let this thread die a slow death. Or we can forever remember this thread as TDLRUANO (The Day Lamar Ripped Us A New One). Used in a sentence... Jeez I've had a bad day, the car broke down, my parakeet died, and I've just found out that there are going to be layoffs at my job, I haven't felt this bad since TDLRUANO. \:D

Oh and Uncle Fester? Come on, I have some hair on my head!
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 06:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 06:46 PM
\:D \:o \:\) ;\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 07:18 PM
This has turned into a funny thread - once we got past the serious part. \:o - \:D

Hey Lamar I think I like your dad's approach (and your birthday - yesterday). I will have to keep that one in mind.

Posted By: Sunil Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 08:09 PM
JHAP, please post a picture of you in a turtleneck.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 08:15 PM
...and a light bulb in your mouth
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 11:32 PM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
JHAP, please post a picture of you in a turtleneck.

Originally Posted By: Brettski
...and a light bulb in your mouth

I found one, sans light bulb.

Posted By: adirondack pond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/28/09 11:41 PM
Atleast use an LED bulb so you'll be eco friendly.

Posted By: esshup Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/29/09 02:00 AM

If you notice, he didn't say it was on top!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/29/09 01:47 PM
There's been a tad of photoshopping on that picture, me thinks.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/29/09 02:22 PM
Oh my, where to begin?

First off, see what you've done Lamar?!? Oh sure you post some constructive criticism and the thread ends up with me morphing into Uncle Fester.

The sad thing is that it probably didn't take much touch up work to make me look bald. Each year my hair gets more and more rare. I'm going to try to have my hair declared an endangered species and then apply for federal funding.

A couple of years ago I threatened to shave my head. It made perfect sense to me. Why spend 15 bucks on a hair cut when I only have 47 hairs to coiffure? Shave it, buff it and be done with it. (Now that sounds naughtier than I intended). So I told Ricki, I'm thinking of shaving my head. She was not amused. So I forge on follicly challenged. Oh sure I could spend a fortune on Rogain or Mircle Grow or some other such nonsense but I've just decided to let nature take it's course.

Besides at least I'm not afraid of sock puppets.

Notice the subtle attempt to change the subject?
Posted By: catmandoo Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/29/09 03:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
There's been a tad of photoshopping on that picture, me thinks.

Sunil -- I'll have you know that Photoshop was not used in the modification enhancement of that photo.

Jeff -- I believe I've got frogs in my pond with more hair than you and I have combined.
Posted By: Sock Puppet Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/29/09 04:43 PM
Besides at least I'm not afraid of sock puppets.

'Sokay; we're afraid of you.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/29/09 06:42 PM
Yo SP - I took great pleasure in stuffing your family with all manners of goodies for the kids then hung them on a nail over a roasting fire. When I'm done with them, I throw them in a cold dark box locked away in the attic without food or water for a year until I choose to play with them again. You want their safety guaranteed? Quit harrassing everyone or the Xmas stockings are headed to the fire!
Posted By: Rainman Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/29/09 07:02 PM
Now THAT was personal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D \:D \:D

Note to self, no more deliveries to TJ, I've already been roasted! Except for the chestnuts!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/29/09 07:06 PM
JHAP, you now have your costume for the 2010 Halloween Gig.

You're going to do a mean Uncle Fester.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Disagree With Concept - 12/30/09 03:13 PM
Jeff -- I believe I've got frogs in my pond with more hair than you and I have combined.

\:o \:o \:o
© Pond Boss Forum