Pond Boss
Posted By: fishtech Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/26/08 05:36 PM
I'm going to be camping at Ray Roberts Lake north of Dallas this weeken and was wondering if any one has been there before? Or know of any hot spots?
Posted By: ezylman Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/26/08 06:13 PM
I just did a Google search for "good fishing on ray roberts lake" and it came back with several fishing reports as well as a report from the Texas Fish and Wildlife Department. I hope that helps.
Posted By: BarO Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/26/08 06:18 PM
fishtech

Head straight west out of Pilot Point toward the boat ramp. The boat ramp is off to the right, but the asphalt road use to continue straight west. We always fished the hump caused by the old road. Good luck.
Posted By: fishtech Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/26/08 07:08 PM
Thanks BarO & ezylman.
Posted By: jeffreythree Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/26/08 07:31 PM
Go to texasfishingforum.com and search for Ray Roberts. Lots of good info. If you fish from the bankand not a boat, they have a special section for that,
Posted By: ezylman Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/26/08 07:41 PM
Fishtech...

I am sure with a little searching you can get a laminated fishing map of the lake so you can find different structure to fish. If not, they will most assuredly have one at the local Walmart or at the local bait shop.
Posted By: Brett295 Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/26/08 07:56 PM
these are the maps I use:
http://www.fishinghotspots.com/e1/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=75&IDCategory=53
Posted By: fishtech Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/27/08 03:00 AM
Thanks guys. I love this forum!
Posted By: james holt Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/27/08 12:33 PM
Do you have a boat? This time of year especially in the morning and evening the sand bass will be chasing shad on the surface. In order to find them just look for the sea gulls that are flying over the shad. Ease up to the school so as not to scare them and throw a shiney rattle trap into the middle of them and you will catch a sand bass on almost every cast. If you don't have a boat the channel catfish should be biting from the shore.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/27/08 05:12 PM
http://www.texasfishingforum.com

stop in and say hello .

you can goto fishing reports...or goto the bass section and there is TONS of info there.

Are you fishing for bass or sand bass?

Isle De Bois is a nice area with alot of facilities.
Posted By: fishtech Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 06/30/08 08:23 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. We caught sand bass until our arms fell off. Then we went after crappie and caught a few cats too.
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 07/01/08 02:11 PM
 Originally Posted By: fishtech
We caught sand bass until our arms fell off.

I sure hope they grow back.

Seriously, I sure wish there was a forum that was this helpful in my area (Iowa). The one website I used to frequent, if you asked that type of question, there was maybe 1.2 people that would give you enough honest info to actually help.

The rest would either:
a. laugh at you for asking or;
b. lie to you and laugh at you for asking.... \:\(
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 07/01/08 02:12 PM
BTW...what are sandbass? Stripers?
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 07/01/08 02:16 PM
 Originally Posted By: Matt Clark
BTW...what are sandbass? Stripers?

White Bass

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/wtb/
Posted By: fishtech Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 07/01/08 02:42 PM
Matt

I live in Iowa too and like you said it's hard to get good info out of guys up here. The guys down south call white bass, "sand bass".
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 07/01/08 04:49 PM
the texasfishingforum.com is a great resource. We are over 32,000 registered members strong, and growing daily.
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 07/02/08 01:15 PM
fishtech:

Where bouts you at? I'm exactly midway between Burlington and Iowa City, in a straight line. Columbus Junction...just outside of, anyway...
Posted By: fishtech Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 07/02/08 02:48 PM
I am about just oputside of Council Bluffs. 15 minutes from Omaha.
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Ray Roberts Lake, TX - 07/02/08 04:02 PM
Just about as far as you can get from me, I guess. You're still an Iowegian, though... \:\)
© Pond Boss Forum