Pond Boss
Posted By: Eastland Pellet fly - 06/12/08 11:57 PM
Can someone please point me in the right direction to the post on tying a pellet fly. I just can't seem to master the search function here....always get "no results" \:\)

Thanks in advance, and George or Bruce need to bring a few to the convention for sale \:D
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pellet fly - 06/13/08 01:13 AM
george's original
pellet deceptions
Posted By: Eastland Re: Pellet fly - 06/13/08 01:42 AM
Thank you Theo!
Posted By: george1 Re: Pellet fly - 06/13/08 11:30 AM
Ok – pellet flies re-visited...

DD1 gave me some thicker foam that I now use instead of the thinner craft store foam, making it easier to assemble.
This craft store foam is about the thickness of AQMX pellet.

When our HSB were small they ate the pellet flies right along side of the CNBG, but as they got larger and more competitive they would strike the foam pellet so hard the wake would push the fly aide, missing the strike.
“Like the flush of a toilet bowl”, as Bruce says.

For large HSB I now use Cecil’s PH pellet with a large hook, to sink the pellet and cull small BG’s.
They love a sinking pellet.

Regardless whether foam or real pellet, they still have to be encased in panty hose material, the most difficult part is tying the knot with small dia mono or fly tyin’ thread.
A few half hitches will do the job but a “whip finish” knot should be learned.

I don’t want to tie pellet flies at this year’s conference but will be happy to give a few tips.
Have fun...
\:\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Pellet fly - 06/13/08 12:18 PM
It occurs to me, george, that perhaps you should be doing some "super-size it" R&D to come up with an Aquamax Largemouth version of the pellet fly.
Posted By: george1 Re: Pellet fly - 06/13/08 12:28 PM
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
It occurs to me, george, that perhaps you should be doing some "super-size it" R&D to come up with an Aquamax Largemouth version of the pellet fly.

Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
THEO....You've blown my secret - don't tell Dr. Mark...
© Pond Boss Forum