Pond Boss
Posted By: GW Escondido's world-famous bass found dead - 06/02/08 11:12 PM
 Quote:
The quest for the legendary big bass is over.

The fish with a worldwide reputation as the largest bass ever hooked was found floating yesterday morning on Escondido's Dixon Lake.

The Florida-strain largemouth bass, nicknamed Dottie for a distinctive birthmark spot below her jawline, had been dead about a day.

She measured 29˝ inches long and weighed about 19 pounds. That was a far cry from the world-record 25 pounds, 1 ounce she weighed when caught – and then released – by Carlsbad angler Mac Weakley on March 20, 2006. Then she was bulging with eggs; this time she apparently died shortly after spawning.

LINK
I wonder how many pounds she lost in eggs? Seems like with a bass that large 3 lbs. 4 oz. of eggs wouldn't have been unreasonable for her to carry around, which would of at least tied the world record.

Anybody know what percentage of body weight a bass can carry in eggs? I believe a yellow perch can carry around up to 30 percent of it's body weight.
Let's see, an approximate guess would be : 25 - 19 = 6, and 6 divided by 25 = 24 Percent!

I know...I know, just couldn't help myself sometimes \:D What a fish!!!
Oops my bad. I didn't read the whole thing and forgot how much she weighed before she was released.

This is the one that was foul hooked right?
Cecil, you are funny tonight...keep reading, 1/2 way down the article \:D

"He released the fish because it had been “foul-hooked” below its dorsal fin, something sure to stir up controversy."
Posted By: ewest Re: Escondido's world-famous bass found dead - 06/03/08 01:23 AM
It is not how many lbs of eggs she could carry but rather how much weight she lost during the spawn. Egg weight is only part of the equation. It is common for BG and LMB to lose 30% of their weight during the spawn. This story is more proof of that observation.
 Originally Posted By: Eastland
Cecil, you are funny tonight...keep reading, 1/2 way down the article \:D

"He released the fish because it had been “foul-hooked” below its dorsal fin, something sure to stir up controversy."

I guess my skimming is not as good as it should be.

Edit: Hey you expected me to go to the link to read about a green carp? Foget abot it!
© Pond Boss Forum