Pond Boss
Posted By: PHOEBE CAN ANYONE OFFER HELP WITH A WELL QUESTION? - 04/13/08 12:56 AM
Hi everyone,
I know many of you must have drilled wells. I ma having one drilled in Wisc. this spring. Do any of you have your pressure tank in the actual well casing? This an option they are offering.
I am not sure if it is a good idea or not?

I have to shut off the pump and drain the water in the winter as i am not not there all winter so no heat is on.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Never heard of a pressure tank in the actual casing.
New to me, too. I just googled pressure tank in well casing. Pretty interesting.
Personally, I would rather have the pressure tank readily accessible. If your home is on a slab or crawl space, you will shut off the heat, but you don't want to drain the pressure tank, I suppose the only 2 options are a well pit or this tank in the well casing.
If one had a full basement, couldn't you set the pressure tank well below grade, perhaps in a corner of the foundation, and expect that it would not freeze if the rest of the house heat was inactivated?
-
We had a thread going last year outlining thoughts on a well pit...gotta find it.
found it
© Pond Boss Forum